Deceptisol ?

#1 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

So I used all mine up hours ago in the ruin section w/ the tutorial (I was grinding a bit to cap my CP), I haven't seen it inside any of the shops; now I'm just outside Nautilus and I've got to ask :

Will I ever see any goddamn Deceptisol again!? It could be really useful on these stronger single mobs like the Wyverns - and I'm sure stuff I haven't even seen yet.

#2 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -

i usually get those types of items after a battle. i dont know how bad the drop rates are though.

#3 Posted by Hamst3r (4563 posts) -

...Deceptisol?

Wow.

I'm more a fan of Decepto-Bismol.

#4 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

Every so often the merchandise in the stores increases, it might be there later. Deceptisol is meant to be rare because it leads to very easy battles. You should have saved it only for very tough battles.

#5 Posted by Turambar (6892 posts) -

The shroud items are not sold in shops until the very last chapter of the game.  Be very frugal with them.

#6 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

You get 10 for fixing Vanilles pet robot later on.

#7 Posted by MostlyHeadless (116 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" ...Deceptisol?  Wow.  I'm more a fan of Decepto-Bismol. "
Is that, like, a medicine that is supposed to cure indigestion but instead gives you AIDS?
#8 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -
@Turambar said:
" The shroud items are not sold in shops until the very last chapter of the game.  Be very frugal with them. "

Noted from here on out - though it still leaves me w/o no sneaky ability and I'm not going to start over now (@12 or 13 hours)
@xyzygy said:
" Every so often the merchandise in the stores increases, it might be there later. Deceptisol is meant to be rare because it leads to very easy battles. You should have saved it only for very tough battles. "
Yes, it would seem so - just figured since it was a 'tutorial' style section they'd load me up a bit later too.

Thanks for the answers - guess I just have to push through w/o till I hit Pulse.
#9 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

Ask your doctor if Deceptisol is right for you.

#10 Posted by Addfwyn (1947 posts) -

you'll get some from drops and chests throughout the game, but they are pretty rare.  I'd save them for when you need that -pre-emptive strike.  They're lovely when you are trying to 5-star some of the optional missions later on.

#11 Posted by drac96 (673 posts) -

There are a few ways to get them. They are in some random chests throughout the game. You can buy them in a shop that you get very near the end of the game. The other way to get them is from battles. Their drop rate is greatly increased by getting zero stars.

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

Deceptisols, vaporize!

#13 Posted by MildMolasses (3229 posts) -
@Vorbis said:
" You get 10 for fixing Vanilles pet robot later on. "
I wish you hadn't written that. Not because I think you spoiled something for me, but because that sounds retarded
#14 Posted by Nekrosis (59 posts) -

You get it in the story VERY late in the game, 40 hours in or so.

#15 Posted by Stephen1141 (9 posts) -

a shop called Eden's Pharmaceutical's, as Nekrosis said, very late in the game. They're really expensive though, 30,000 per

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.