Demo Streaming NOW... Check It Out Quick!

#1 Edited by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

I just saw this on kotaku and it's a heads up for those who don't know.

Some dude is streaming the FFXIII demo on justin.tv, so check it out here if you are interested.

I'm not sure how far in the demo he is, but you can see some combat and all the other good stuff.

EDIT: The stream gets a bit choppy at points as i imagine there are quite a few people watching it.

#2 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

Combat seems to basically be FFXII's combat but with a larger and retooled overlay/HUD.

#3 Edited by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Yep, looks boring like I expected.  Oh well.

The stream isn't that bad.  I guess I was just hoping they'd kind of keep with the same setup from FFXII for combat.  The combat in that demo looks very bland.  Graphics are pretty, though.

*EDIT*  PureRok, I can see where you say that it's like FFXII, but at the same time, it doesn't feel nearly as dynamic, and there is a good amount missing from it.  I guess I'd have to try my hand at it to see if I dig it or not.
#4 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

He punched a mechanical dog.

#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I was checking it out a bit before.  I ordered the FF7AC with the demo from NCSX, should have it this week.  Seems cool from the bit I watched, might as well wait for the real thing otherwise.

#6 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

was just about to post this xD

the combat looks more final fantasy than 12 which is great

the story seems pretty interesting..atleast visually

i like how they ditched the womanly male protagonist and just straight up made the main character a female

great so far

#7 Posted by ZombiePie (5753 posts) -

This requires me to go to justin.tv, so unless it's something I really want to see I think I'll pass.

#8 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

It reminds me of FFXII mixed with FFX-2's chaining system. There seemed to be a percentage meter rising from 100%, but i'm not sure if that represented extra damage or experience or what.

#9 Posted by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Har har. No voices is comical. I missed the first half was there any gameplay?

#10 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
Weltal said:
"Har har. No voices is comical. I missed the first half was there any gameplay?"
i think you were watching the FF13versus movie..you came a bit late

its showing now though
#11 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

Is this 'stream' just a recording of earlier on repeat? Or the dude really playing the demo again, not that i'm complaining.

Also, i imagine the lack of voices in the Versus XII trailer to be because they haven't actually recorded the final voiceovers to begin with. Shame i can't read japanese but i'm sure a transcript will show up sooner or later.

#12 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

i think hes playing it over and over again

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I haven't seen any combat, but what I'm watching now... the music is awesome and that guy's hair looks cool. Oh okay it was the end.
I kept watching and they replayed the demo, it looks really good. I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but I've watched other people play it. Seems pretty cool.

#14 Edited by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Nice, looks like Final Fantasy and it also looks gorgeous. I'm happy with this.

Interesting ranking system... I don't suppose you'll ever get a S-Rank...

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (16175 posts) -

Look fucking amazing...

#16 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

I'm so hot for this game. The combat looks great, and the audio too. It seems a lot uematsu-ish and more memorable than the music from XII, where no particular track stood out to me.
If they nail the story and character development (which again i found lacking in XII. I had like little to none emotional investment, except for the awesome Balthier) then i'll be happy. I have such high hopes.

I want to love it as much a FF X (my favourite game of all time), but that might have been a right place and right time thing.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16175 posts) -

Looks practically CG like. Damn those sexy textures.

#18 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -

Looks like Final Fantasy alright. Also looks like I won't be playing it...

#19 Edited by Weltal (2275 posts) -

Wouldn't it be nice if this game had Japanese voice work with subtitles.... it's quite good and I reeeeaaalllly don't want to see what localization is going to do to Kalzroy.

#20 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"Looks like Final Fantasy alright. Also looks like I won't be playing it..."
not your type of game?  i think it looks good enough to justify you giving it a try atleast

btw that icon is gold
#21 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -

Man, I was gunna come here and post this too!

It is pretty boring to watch, yeah... but still a must play :p

#22 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -
luce said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
not your type of game?  i think it looks good enough to justify you giving it a try atleastbtw that icon is gold"
Thanks for the complement.

And yes, FF isn't really my style. I've tried some (FF4, FF7, FF10, FF12) But I could never get attached to the universe or the characters like so many people. And I don't like the majority of RPGs.  I will probably try this game out via demo, or if I have a drought of games, I'll rent it and see if my tastes have grown into it.
#23 Edited by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

Watching this game, "Final Fantasy Agito XIII", in action insured me that Square will not disappoint. Being on 2 consoles shouldn't be an issue at all. What matters is that this franchise should not fail if we wish to have a future with such masterpieces like the previous games of the Final Fantasy series. The action sequences, graphics and fluidity of the gameplay kept me at awe almost the whole time. The story narrative is told by the world and characters of this game. What is a Final Fantasy game without a montley crew of characters coming together to take on a tale which is epic.

I currently do not own a PS3(sold my MGS4 Bundle, terrible bundle), after seeing the "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" trailer, I am sold. What held me back on buying another PS3 is that I have one HDMI port and one component connection on my monitor. Both are occupied, HDMI with my Xbox 360 and the component with my PS2. I could not get a hold of a reasonable deal of a BC PS3, so I may need an excuse to get a bigger HD monitor. Anyways, long short, I am getting a new 1080p LCD 42" with multiple HDMI, component and a PC input for a good deal. Next will be the PS3 in time for the winter releases this year. Again, I can not stress enough; "I am excited about the game "Final Fantasy Versus XIII".

#24 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Wait a damn minute.

WHERE THE FUCK IS SMUG?!

I figured he'd be all over this like flies on shit!
#25 Edited by NickL (2247 posts) -

looks like the regular FF style, which has not been fun for me since about FF8

#26 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

wow,... whatta buzz kill NickL

#27 Posted by Cloneslayer (1644 posts) -

It depends what mode Im in when this game comes out and if Im up to a JRPG. Looks pretty good overall though

#28 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

is he fighting... robot dogs? :s

looks awesome though.

#29 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
Fr0Br0 said:
"luce said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
not your type of game?  i think it looks good enough to justify you giving it a try atleastbtw that icon is gold"
Thanks for the complement.And yes, FF isn't really my style. I've tried some (FF4, FF7, FF10, FF12) But I could never get attached to the universe or the characters like so many people. And I don't like the majority of RPGs.  I will probably try this game out via demo, or if I have a drought of games, I'll rent it and see if my tastes have grown into it."
You played all of the worst ones. How did you manage that? You skipped right over the best of them all, FF6.
#30 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3101 posts) -
PureRok said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"luce said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
Thanks for the complement.And yes, FF isn't really my style. I've tried some (FF4, FF7, FF10, FF12) But I could never get attached to the universe or the characters like so many people. And I don't like the majority of RPGs.  I will probably try this game out via demo, or if I have a drought of games, I'll rent it and see if my tastes have grown into it."
You played all of the worst ones. How did you manage that? You skipped right over the best of them all, FF6."
I played all the one's people say I just HAVE to play to understand what FF is about. Should I kill these people who told me such lies?
#31 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

4, 7, 12 are the best ones, bud.   Really though, if he's not into any of those FF's I doubt 6 would change his mind.

#32 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
slinky6 said:
"4, 7, 12 are the best ones, bud.   Really though, if he's not into any of those FF's I doubt 6 would change his mind."
I agree what he said, i just can't believe he kept playing FF if he found the first one he played not so good. Each one is 40-80 hours long, where does he find the stamina?
#33 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -
REDRUN said:
"wow,... whatta buzz kill NickL"
did not mean to kill anyones buzz, just a personal point of view =p
if you are still into that kinda game then go for it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.