Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Do I need to do all the missions?

AdventChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AdventChild

OK, so I'm currently in the place where you get all of the missions and I am bored out of my mind.  I just finished the 18th one and really just want to get back to the actual game.  The only thing I'm worried about is that I might be completely under levelled if I don't finish them.

Anyone got any advice?  How many missions did you do before you moved on?

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Symphony

I did about 10 of them before moving on with the story. If you've done 18, you should definitely be fine. They give you plenty of opportunity to revisit them later if you want, anyhow.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

I only did 2 missions before getting back to the main story. I have struggled on a few bosses but nothing some re-thought strategy couldn't overcome.

AdventChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By AdventChild

Oh thank God / Christ / Allah / Robocop for that.  Thanks guys.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By Symphony
    @AdventChild said:

" Oh thank God / Christ / Allah / Robocop for that.  Thanks guys. "

No worries. I would recommend you do the side-quest that shows up at the end of Chapter 11 that involves fetching a bunch of things around a small area (if you haven't already). It's a bit tedious but the reward is well worth it -- it's like 600,000gil in sellable stuff and some upgrade materials that give like 150,000xp at 3x bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.