Do You Ever Have Control Of The Entire Party?

#1 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -

If so at what point of the game is that?  I know all of the splitting up and what not is part of the story, but I find it really annoying that the party keeps changing.

#2 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

At one point (not exactly sure) you can change your party on the go and choose your party leader.

#3 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -

At around the 25 hour mark you can change your party at will.

#4 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@creamypies: Any chance you can be more specific with that?  I'm 8H 47Min into the game and am almost on chapter 5.  So am I on track for that?
#5 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -
@j_drace: I can't remember too well, some chapters are longer than others. But it's Chapter 9 when you get access to your whole squad.
#6 Posted by SadPatrol (499 posts) -
@j_drace:
I was at 7 and a half hours in the middle of chapter 5 and I was able to make my party at 18 hours or so. But I was able to change my party leady at about twenty hours.
#7 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

It took roughly twenty hours or so for me until I was able to freely select my party, but it's going to vary for a lot of people.

#8 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

It took me 33 hours to be able to control them all. 

#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (15843 posts) -

Not really no. You can eventually end up choosing leaders, but when the leader dies it's game over.

#10 Posted by ProudMeowican (52 posts) -
I think once you get to the middle of chapter 10 im not really sure.
#11 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

near the end of chapter 9 = control of who is in your active party, except leader. 
Chapter 10+ = full control over your entire party, including leader.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.