Favorite party? (possible spoilers)

#1 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Ever since being given the ability to switch party members at the end of Chapter 10, I have found that I can only use the party of: 

Fang (1300 or so Str), Snow (5000+ HP, 800-900 Str) and Vanille (Curasa and 1500 more HP than Hope)

With the following paradigms 
Com/Com/Rav 
Com/Rav/Rav (main) 
Com/Rav/Med 
Sab/Sen/Med 
Sen/Rav/Rav 

I'm curious to see, has anyone been stuck using the one party throughout the last part of the game, and whether I ought to change mine.

#2 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I rolled with Lightning/Snow/Hope with 2 exceptions: 

• when I was farming dark matter I went with Fang/Lightning/Snow for an AMAZING 1:20 Shaolong Gui kills which made farming Dark Matter take like half an hour. 
  • as I farmed traps I went with Vanille/Snow/Hope to make life easier

But outside of that I went with Light/Snow/Hope the entire game and for every single mission (even 5 starring the missions). Despite Sazh being my favorite character and Fang being amazing I just couldn't give up that party makeup. I say just use what you like, personally.
#3 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I despise Vanille, but her stats and moveset is just too good.

#4 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Aus_azn: Death is just too amazing for farming gil and ultimate weapons early in the game. Kinda lame that only Vanille gets it. Also after using Fang to farm Dark Matter I was upset to see how insanely overpowered Bravera and Faithra are yet none of the main characters I used could learn those. I was element-striking enemies for 70,000 without stagger and then as COMs hitting them for 350,000-400,000 with Bravera during stagger... so insanely good.
#5 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

I went LIghtning/Vanille/Sazh from chapter 9 to the end, then in post game tried Light/Fang/Hope for a bit. Towards the end of my postgame I was trying a whole bunch of different groups since everyone had every role. I found Fang/Snow/Vanille to be an excellent Adamatoise killing squad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.