Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

FF XIII on X360 and its implications

• 99 results
    drtones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drtones

So I hope I don't need to link to any other source that mentions what happened with FFXIII during E3 08. I personally believe that bringing the title to the 360 was probably a sensible decision on SquareEnix's part from a monetary standpoint especially. Announcing this for the 360 in no way indicates that PS3 owners won't be getting their FF fix either. But I can understand their ire when they coin this act as "betrayal" or whatever.

However, if I'm not mistaken SE said that they will begin development on the 360 version once the PS3 one is done. Moreover, Japan won't be seeing a 360 version, so it remains a Sony exclusive at least in Japan. This obviously, combined with the fact that the translated title is supposed to launch in the US simultaneously (not sure about EU, please correct me here if I'm wrong) on both platforms suggests that the PS3 version might just be needing translation. So the only thing KEEPING the PS3 title from launching earlier than expected is Square Enix's comittment to releasing the 360 version alongside it.

So...my guess is that those who wanted to buy the PS3 JUST for FFXIII alone and already own a PS3 will obviously go for the version on Sony's console. However, those who have yet to buy either console....or even own both for that matter might be on the fence for a while depending on their respective preference. The Sony devotee will do as expected and likewise for the 360.

What does stick out though is that BECAUSE of SE's decision this will prevent a phenomena akin to that of Metal Gear Solid 4's from happening. That is to say, potential buyer's of the PS3 who were waiting for this title's release ALONE will instead just opt for the 360 version assuming they own the 360 at that point in time. Heck it's the cheaper of the two consoles anyways, so why not go for that? To make a long story short, it's not the fact that Sony lost an exclusive here....it's how whatever deal went down is going to affect Sony's potential sales of the PS3 at the title's LAUNCH.

As 1UP mentioned, I eagerly await Square's announcement during the upcoming SquareEnix party which is said to "swing the ball in Sony's favor again", just to see what further angle this tug of war assumes.

Fellow bombers....your thoughts please.

sandalhatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sandalhatman

Well, I have only two concerns about FF 13 on the 360. Or, more actually, its one concern and a disappointment.

If Square Enix is to start development of the 360 version after the PS3 version is done, and are planning to release both in America at the same time, I'm worried the PS3 version will be delayed. I have no quote for this, so I could be entirely wrong, but for some reason I think I remember SQ say they had a six month goal for bringing FF 13 out to the US. If they just had to translate and re-dub the game, I could see that as a possibility, but a whole port? I find that a little unlikely, especially since the architecture of the two consoles is so different.

Other than that, I'm just a little upset it did go to the 360 in the first place. I mean, the game has been advertised for two years as a "Playstation 3" game. And I suppose it still is in Japan, but it still leaves me a little irked. Not the fact its multplatform so much, but the fact that SQ changed their minds about it. If they were thinking multiplatform, they should have just announced it in the beginning. But, all this still won't stop me for getting and enjoying the game (hopefully, XII was a bit of a letdown, I still haven't finished it).

Also, with the news of a 360 version, I think this ups the chances for a PC version. SQ is already doing that with Last Remnant.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TimeWaffle

well i think that it's a good thing because it will let more people play it

oWarlock360o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oWarlock360o

About damn time is what i say

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I'm guessing people who own both a 360 and a PS3 will probably end up getting the game on PS3 just because we've been playing Final Fantasy on a Playstation controller ever since VII and it just seems natural.

It's still up in the air where the Final Fantasy fans will go. The PS3 probably has more of the franchises that the Final Fantasy fans are used to, so that may be where they go. However, if they didn't like much on Playstation besides Final Fantasy, they'll probably go with the 360.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OGCartman

Raging lemings on SW on GS was halarious

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Otacon
    oWarlock360o said:
    "About damn time is what i say
    "
    See? 360 owners get the game without having to buy the other console and PS3 owners still get it. I really don't think this will affect Sony incredibly, to have a 3rd party exclusive is becoming more and more rare and logically so.
    SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By SonicFire

Well, I don't worry too much about the implications. I've been a big fan of Square Enix (or the two separate companies) for most of my life, so I'm happy to see the company make as much money as possible. I say that, because Square has been struggling to reach western audiences with the same numbers that they used to. 

At the same time, I have to assume that the game will run much better on the PS3, if only for the Blu-Ray disc capabilities. I do like playing games on the X360, but I did not like having to swap 3 discs for Blue Dragon, and 4 for Lost Odyssey. I can only wonder how well it will run, given that for perhaps the last 3 years or so, the game has been in development as a PS3 exclusive. 

I can understand the frustration for PS3 owners who banked on that exclusivity, but I don't think that it's relevant. The PS3 is probably looking stronger in terms of its exclusives (when PSN is factored in) over the long haul, so there will be plenty for everyone to be happy about. I own all the systems, and after playing games exclusive to all, I think that the better any game does cross-platform, the better we'll be as, more money goes to developing AAA titles of note. 
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar

The one thing about multiple discs isn't that you have to swap them. It's that it's more discs to keep track of. I mean, I suppose you'll be fine as long as you aren't a total mess, but it does take up more space. It means a larger box that will probably take up the same space as two games.

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
    guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By guerrilla_mason

It's been said before, I know, but I think the only thing the announcement will mean is higher sales of the games and a few less PS3s sold than would have otherwise. I love that it's coming to the 360, as I don't own a PS3 and am currently doing a teaching internship ATM. Can't wait.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By suneku

I just want no more delays....

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MasterSplinter

This was an obvious move on SE's part. Mult-platform = more units sold = more profits.

The implications are easily apparent. Japanese development on the 360 is finally going to take off. This could also effect the Japanese consumers because the 360 is struggling mightily in Japan. Now that Japanese exclusives are finding a home on the 360, there is a new incentive for Japanese gamers to pick up the console. I am not expecting to see a significant increase in 360 sales immediately, but undoubtedly it will happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think this is not as big of a deal as it is being made out to be, though it is a big deal indeed. I think Square really did take the stab in the back move and gave in to MS, but it was still a logical decision on their end; more money = win...

But it seems that they dont really have a plan for how it will be on 360 and whatnot, just that it will be. It not being on 360 in Japan ("Big Deal" said MS) is a big deal for MS, it could have helped their system there. But PS3 will surely still benefit from FF on the PS3, not only because its exclusive in Japan, but because supposedly Versus is still exclusive. Personally I was looking forward to versus more then the former, not being a huge FF fan, I saw some of the Versus stuff and was wowed, plus its close to KH and I LOVE KH.. So we'll see where it goes.

But to all the fanboys saying "MUHAHA MGS4 IS NEXT!!!", LOL @ you.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SonicFire
    MasterSplinter said:
    "This was an obvious move on SE's part. Mult-platform = more units sold = more profits.

The implications are easily apparent. Japanese development on the 360 is finally going to take off. This could also effect the Japanese consumers because the 360 is struggling mightily in Japan. Now that Japanese exclusives are finding a home on the 360, there is a new incentive for Japanese gamers to pick up the console. I am not expecting to see a significant increase in 360 sales immediately, but undoubtedly it will happen.
    "
    From what I've heard, the game isn't going to be released on 360s in Japan. A careful omission, but I believe Square Enix mentioned 360 releases in only NA and EU. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Warihay

All it means is that more people have the opportunity to play this game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By Atlas

With FF XIII going multi-platform, there is pretty much no point in owning a PS3 now. MGS4 is fine, but it may be on 360 soon. LittleBigPlanet looks good. Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 will be nowhere near as good as the 360's shooters. Also, it's a continuation of a trend of developers seeing where the money is, with Microsoft. This really is one of the worst things that could happen to Sony. It's not catastrophic yet, but it's damn near close.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#18  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    suneku said:
    "I just want no more delays...."
    To this, I agree wholeheartedly.

In any case, people who bought a Playstation 3 exclusively for this game shouldn't have gotten their hopes up especially if you consider how "exclusive" games actually end up being exclusive.  Final Fantasy fans shouldn't be complaining either, the series' shift two years ago from Nintendo to Sony was only done because of specific interests to the company at the time and this particular instance is no different.  Heck , if you were the president of Square-Enix and you saw your coffers running low, wouldn't you choose to make more money?
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AndrewGaspar

They don't really need to release a 360 version in Japan. Most of the people who care about Final Fantasy will probably buy a PS3 for the game anyway.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SonicFire

I think that at some point it's a little silly to suggest that companies simply don't need money. Square Enix has watched its profits fall for some time now, as they have not had superior success with any title since FFXII. Like many Japanese publishers, SE has had to cope with the emergence of Western developers beating them at their own game. But at what point was the game industry not about companies achieving commercial success? All the critical acclaim in the world won't help if games don't sell (we can see this with gems like Psychonauts, Black & White, or Condemned, which never saw the sales their scores would suggest). 

We should be happy if our favorite game publishers get a financial boost... because it keeps them viable and alive, to put more money into games. At the end of the day, even Microsoft must maintain a profitable entertainment division. If it doesn't, then it won't persist. It's just business.

I have yet to hear a compelling argument as to why having a great game go multiplatform is a bad thing. Is it so important to be able to say "ha, I can play this game and you can't?" I suppose I miss this mentality. I certainly wouldn't say that we were misled, or that people who bought a PS3 for FFXIII were somehow duped, because guess what: you'll get to play FFXIII. There are pros and cons to both systems. Both Sony and MSoft have major exclusives coming out, and it's almost refreshing that for the first time ever, Final Fantasy could get the same release profile as a GTA (being on multiple consoles)
    Logan_Aybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Logan_Aybara

I was shocked this is coming to the 360.  That's still the most startling revelation to come out of E3 from my perspective.  I'm a little disappointed, since I bought the PS3 for MGS4, and in preparation of FFXIII.  Now that FF is coming to the 360, I'll probably buy it for that, instead of the PS3 version.  Many will argue that it will run better on the PS3, but with M$'s announcement that soon you will be able to run games from the harddrive, I'm not so sure. 

For me it comes down to achievements vs. trophies.  I'm not invested in sony's trophy system, and I don't see myself becoming so.  I don't have a ton of achievement points (hovering just below 10k as I type), but still, if a game is available for both systems, it makes more sense for me, to add to my achievments rather than have a minute graphical advantage.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By vidiot

My thoughts:
    Do you remember Oddworld? More importantly: Munch's Odyssey. I do.

At the time it was hyped to be one of Sony's #1 system sellers for their relatively new Playstation 2 console. Early development for the Ps2 was difficult though, and while certain development tools became more reasonable over time it didn't happen fast enough for the developers of Munch's Odyssey. Microsoft needed some more launch games and offered to publish Munch on their new Xbox console. Of course all plans for releasing the title on Sony's console were immediately dropped, and the final product was kicked out the door so fast almost everything it initially promised was cut.

At the time I was truly taken aback. Now that was a betrayal. I was angry. I posted my anger.

And then I learned.

I think alot of people who are screaming betrayal need to take a step back and ask themselves why they play games in the first place. Because I learned that I play games because they are fun, and no loyalty to any piece of hardware is going to stop me from having that fun. Money might. But that's why I have a job :P

The "Crystal Tool" game development tools (redundant much?) that Square created embraces some very  basic western development fundamentals that were discovered at the end of the last generation: Multi-console ports with a good set of development tools are easy to do, and the benefit of having your game on multiple consoles is fantastic. This was purely a business decision.

It should also be mentioned that this was a series where the first HALF of the titles appeared exclusively on Nintendo consoles.

It also should be mentioned that this game is still coming out for Playstation 3 and it's 360 port wont even be appearing in Japan. So no, I don't get half of the outrage over this port. I've seen enough exclusive franchise cross overs in my life (Final Fantasy/Oddworld/Resident Evil/Sonic on a non Sega console) most of which were permanent mind you, that this comes to little to no shock.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By RVonE

while it is true that this move is one less reason for fence sitters to go out and buy a PS3, I believe it is best to have great games come out on both the 360 and the PS3. That way we all get to enjoy these wonderful games. Only when serious compromises must be made (on the technical side) I would be against a multiplatform release. As long as FFXIII looks as good on the 360 as it does on the PS3 and it plays just as well, I'm fine with it.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpecTackle

I can't see a reason why anyone would be upset about a game going multiplatform. They're objects, folks. They aren't people, they aren't relationships. What does it matter if the game is available to more people? What does it matter if they changed their minds and decided to go multiplatform after they said they wouldn't? Square wants to cash in on their work, and they realized that the best method of doing so was to make it available to a bigger crowd. I'm sure they expected the PS3 to do far better than it has been, and thus the original stance on not going multiplatform. But why does it matter either way? Platform loyalty I can understand, but it's not like they're ripping it from the PS3 and making it a 360 exclusive. I could understand frustration then, but this is just stupid.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SonicFire

I can agree with the last couple posts. One thing I can hope for this site is that the endless (and pointless) bickering about systems will stop. As for FFXIII, I would be happy to learn when said cross-platform release will go down. After all, we've been drooling over this game since it was announces BEFORE FFXII's release!

Silent_B0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silent_B0b

My take:

If you bought the PS3 solely for FFXIII *this early*, i.e. before the game itself has any hint of a release date, you deserve your fate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

All I know is this: I get to play FF XIII now, and I'm happy. That's all that matters, really.

sgthalka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#28  Edited By sgthalka
    Silent_B0b said:
    "If you bought the PS3 solely for FFXIII *this early*, i.e. before the game itself has any hint of a release date, you deserve your fate."

Yeah -- I highly doubt FF13 will be released next year, more than likely sometime in 2010. In terms of console sales of one vs. the other, Final Fantasy XIII is a very tiny piece of a much bigger puzzle. Console sales aren't being determined by one game. (Except Halo 3 and to a lesser extent, MGS4 ... but FF13 isn't in the same category as those games in NA and Europe.)

Besides, by the time 2010 rolls around, console sales would have already been impacted by a million other things. How fast and how far can MS and Sony drop prices in the next two years? Will Blu-Ray ever really take off as more people replace their TVs with HDTVs? Will Sony's lineup of exclusives ever break through to the mainstream and create a Wii Play or Gears/Halo level of buzz?

As far as people who already own a 360 or a PS3, the only thing I see convincing them to buy the other system in large numbers would be a significant price drop. I'm not entirely convinced it's the games b/c both platforms have a solid list of exclusives already. And those lists will just get longer as time goes by. But if each console still costs $350 or $400 in a lousy economy like ours, that's a tough splurge purchase to justify.

But once you can get a 360 or PS3 for $199 or $249, you'll see a lot more people crossing the fence.
    SkaOreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SkaOreo
    This just proves that buying a console for one game is completely retarded.  

Josiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Josiah
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "The one thing about multiple discs isn't that you have to swap them. It's that it's more discs to keep track of. I mean, I suppose you'll be fine as long as you aren't a total mess, but it does take up more space. It means a larger box that will probably take up the same space as two games.
    "
    Absolutely not true. *Points at Lost Odyssey*
    Iori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Iori

By the time the game comes out I think the next systems will release.

Replica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Replica23

Buying a console for one game is retarded. Period. If that means 360 owners decide to buy that version (instead of getting a PS3 for the game) more power to them. If Final Fantasy 13 had gone 360 exclusive the situation would be a lot different. The biggest downfall for PS3 owners is a NA/Euro release will likely be held up to complete the 360 version, which if I'm not mistaken is planned to enter production when the NA PS3 version begins its localization process. What I'm more curious about is how many people actually believe FF13 will release before the 360's successor does. Come on, you know it is a possibility.

I'm one of those people that believe in a one platform industry. The more people that get to enjoy awesome games the better. As soon as those fucking companies get it the better we'll all be. Though as I've already said, the only downfall for PS3 owners will be having to wait longer because a new version needs completing before release. That's kind of bawlz though since so many other third party companies don't hold back 360 development for the PS3, but Microsoft nor Sony are to blame for that... in most cases.

israeliredneck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By israeliredneck

I Really don't understand the whole swapping disc issue. I mean, While BR lets you put all the stuff on 1 disc - you end up installing, which takes longer than disc swapping, so there is really no gain form it.

I really thought that the whole thing about disc swapping in MGS4 was retarded, since instead of disc swapping, you ended up wasting a lot mroe time with stupid installs.

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By normajean777

i am not totally angry about this game going multi plat. i angry because square lied to their fans, and this just makes them look bad they said a bunch of times it was exclusive to ps3, and just think of all the ppl who bought one thinking that was the only way they would be able to play it.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpecTackle

I can understand being upset that you were lied to, but you're STILL going to be able to play the game, so what's the problem? If you buy a console based on the word of one developer you don't really have a reason to complain as that is an incredibly flawed reason to purchase something of that price range, anyhow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
    deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SkaOreo said:
    "This just proves that buying a console for one game is completely retarded. " 

So true
    BashantArvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BashantArvel

The more people get to play the game, the better. So, it's a smart decision on S.E.s part to go multi-platform.

Trickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Trickster
    israeliredneck said:
    "I Really don't understand the whole swapping disc issue. I mean, While BR lets you put all the stuff on 1 disc - you end up installing, which takes longer than disc swapping, so there is really no gain form it.

I really thought that the whole thing about disc swapping in MGS4 was retarded, since instead of disc swapping, you ended up wasting a lot mroe time with stupid installs.
    "

It's just something for the angry fanboys to nitpick at, fanboys will always find something wrong or inferior about the version they are not getting, most likely to justify their console.

Let me take DMC4 as an example quickly, I remember people taking screenshots, then zoom in on specific areas and compare them to the same screenshot from the other DMC4 version, and then they would say shit like "OMG look the textures on the 360 is better on Dantes coat! 360 version superior CONFIRMED!"
    whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By whyzenheimer

I appreciate that I'll be able to play this on my 360.  I currently can't rationalize buying another four-hundred dollar system, and I'm still making sweet sweet love to my PS2 more than any other system I own anyway.  I don't see how this is bad for anyone other than Sony, and if you're so caught up in their financial problems without actually working for them you might want to seek perspective or mental help.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

the production cost of the game alone would be enough for SE to say; "ok M$, we'll put our game on your console". considering M$ would have had to pay Sony quite a fee to get a shared liscence for Final Fantasy to go on both platforms.

I'm not bothered at all. It's still coming to PS3, which is good enough for me.
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lashe

As someone who only owns the 360, of course I'm going to have a gleeful grin on my face at this news. However, I do empathise for the PS3 owners who only bought the console for select games, including FFXIII.

There is the argument though that many PS2 fans, such as myself, crossed over to the 360 due to delays, launch price etc of the PS3 and so that base of fans will get to play the game.

However, since Sakaguchi left, there hasn't really been a great FF game.. X-2, XI, XII and all its spin-offs.. they just didn't have the feel of some, especially the PS1 and 2 generations up til X. So who -really- is winning here? =P

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By DeeJay

It does kind of annoy me because I sold my 360 to get a PS3 (well, to be fair, I sold a 360 with the Red Rings of Death, which was like the 4th time I got that by the way), but I get to play FF13 either way so in the end I really don't mind.

If Tekken 6 were to get ported to 360 however, that would be a different story.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lemegeton

im not happy about it because it will invariably delay the games  release. but that fanboy "betrayal" nonsense is so stupid.

MiceElf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MiceElf

people should just get over it. at the end of the day SE are not performing well financially, so we should be relatively happy that one of the world's most innovative developers (for its size) can devote more resources to produce better games. And also, more people get to play FF, which is never a bad thing! Spread the joy!

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way i see it is more people get to play this game which is a good thing.

blu_magnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By blu_magnet

as long as it doesn't delay it, or reduce its greatness in any way then hell, put it on the wii for all i care

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#48  Edited By Valkyr

I think that Square Enix should have had more respect for Japanese corps like Sony and Nintendo, they knew that if FF XIII remains a Ps3 exclusive it would help Japan as a whole, Sony is  still not making a profit out of Ps3's, maybe it is not going bankrupt because it has a lot of products in the market but i think SE was a bit greedy with this move. On the other hand this is an ofense to the fanbase they have made through years and years of AAA titles that were only developed for Japanese consoles exclusivily and the fanbase which have already bought a ps3 thinking about this game and maybe if FF XIII was never announced as an exclusive they would have bought a 360 instead.
    But i am more concerned about the quality of the game, i think it will be shorter and maybe they will downgrade de Ps3 FMV and sound quality.
    I don't know why SE announced the Crystal Tools development for Ps3, the engine they were going to use with all their ps3 games this generation and then they start announcing exclusive RPG's for the 360 like Infinite Undiscovery

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By RVonE
    Valkyr said:
    "I think that Square Enix should have had more respect for Japanese corps like Sony and Nintendo, they knew that if FF XIII remains a Ps3 exclusive it would help Japan as a whole, Sony is  still not making a profit out of Ps3's, maybe it is not going bankrupt because it has a lot of products in the market but i think SE was a bit greedy with this move. On the other hand this is an ofense to the fanbase they have made through years and years of AAA titles that were only developed for Japanese consoles exclusivily and the fanbase which have already bought a ps3 thinking about this game and maybe if FF XIII was never announced as an exclusive they would have bought a 360 instead.
    But i am more concerned about the quality of the game, i think it will be shorter and maybe they will downgrade de Ps3 FMV and sound quality.
    I don't know why SE announced the Crystal Tools development for Ps3, the engine they were going to use with all their ps3 games this generation and then they start announcing exclusive RPG's for the 360 like Infinite Undiscovery
    "
    What the hell are you saying? Square-Enix was greedy? Whut? Square-Enix is a commercial enterprise; they are in it for the money. Going multiplatform makes sense from a business perspective. Also, arguing that FFXIII as a PS3 would benefit Japan as a whole doesn't make any sense in a globalized market and economy. Come on man, we are past this.
    Trickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Trickster
    Valkyr said:
    "I think that Square Enix should have had more respect for Japanese corps like Sony and Nintendo, they knew that if FF XIII remains a Ps3 exclusive it would help Japan as a whole, Sony is  still not making a profit out of Ps3's, maybe it is not going bankrupt because it has a lot of products in the market but i think SE was a bit greedy with this move."
    Are you seriously saying that SquareEnix betrayed Japan because they moved Final Fantasy XIII onto a console from a non japanese country. And thereby contributing to a theoretical loss of revenue for Sony, due to not selling as many consoles as they might have sold, if FFXIII had been exclusive to PS3?

please tell me I'm reading you incorrect...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.