FF13 Collectors Edition: Is it worth it?

#1 Posted by Metzo_Paino (318 posts) -

I'm going to be analysing the music of Final Fantasy Xiii for a project and was wondering if the collectors edition adds anything worth while? 

What's most important is if the linear notes on the soundtrack are interesting/quotable, or if they are just a couple of throw away sentences. 

Any help would be great.

#2 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Metzo_Paino: Well my honest answer is the game itself is not worth it. I beat it on the PS3, and its a letdown for how long it took and compared to the other FF games. 
#3 Posted by Metzo_Paino (318 posts) -

It seems to be 50/50 on actually liking the game, but my project won't cover the gameplay so if I don't like it I'll still have to slog through it.

#4 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Metzo_Paino: Well my honest answer is the game itself is not worth it. I beat it on the PS3, and its a letdown for how long it took and compared to the other FF games.  "
A letdown for YOU, though.

@Metzo_Paino said:
" It seems to be 50/50 on actually liking the game, but my project won't cover the gameplay so if I don't like it I'll still have to slog through it. "

But yes, but that goes for any game on the market, if you like a more streamlined face paced combat type RPG then you should have a lot of fun. I enjoyed it for what it was worth, it was fun and I don't really like slow turn base crud. I couldn't play the other FF's excluding tactics, Crisiscore and FF12, all of which allows you to see the enemy and be able to avoid if you like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.