Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

FF13 help, or this is going in the garbage for the second time.

TepiDDeatH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TepiDDeatH

I played FF13 when it first came out, until Chapter 11. Got to  Hecatoncheir and got uber frusterated and quit. I started playing from the begininning again and was havimg fun with it again, until... Hecatoncheir ! Just can't seem to get his guage full before that damn doom counter kills me. Just having Vanille and Fang doesnèt help either. Any available faqs arnt helping, im spamming Saboture but nada. Any help would save FF13 from the garbage.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Blaster Blaster Blaster

Blaster Attacker Blaster
    Blaster Attacker Attacker

Switch between those and rush.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

Hecatoncheir's gauge goes up fast if you hit him with status effects like Poison repeatedly.  Have Vanille spam status effect spells on him like crazy while Fang is in Sentinel mode.  Switch paradigms quickly if you need to heal, then switch back and keep nailing him with status effects.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By JJGIANT

Fuck that game, Fuck that....game!!
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

Just... just put it back in the trash.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By htr10

seriously dude, throw it in the garbage next to FFVIII and any other FF games that you keep having to replay because of frustrating parts.  life is just too short.
    Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sayishere

Oh god, this game frustrated the fuck out of me, i thought the story was quite endearing, but the difficulty in some of the later boss battles is just stupid

Its like half the game is to easy and the other is to hard :/
    TepiDDeatH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TepiDDeatH

Its like every so often, SquareEnix but something frusterating in there just so they could say our game doesnt suck, you suck.

lokey013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lokey013

Status attacks are definitely your friend...but keep at it...you're almost done!!! DONE I SAY!!!

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

FF13 isn't hard, I beat that game before 2010 started, beat it in about a week and half.  

All you do is go:

Enchanter Enchanter Attacker

Blaster Enchanter Attacker
    Healer Healer Attacker
    Jammer Blaster Attacker
    Blaster Blaster Blaster

Once you use those and mix them around the game is easy as fuck.  
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Grissefar
    @KaosAngel said:

" FF13 isn't hard, I beat that game before 2010 started, beat it in about a week and half.  

All you do is go:

Enchanter Enchanter Attacker

Blaster Enchanter Attacker
    Healer Healer Attacker
    Jammer Blaster Attacker
    Blaster Blaster Blaster

Once you use those and mix them around the game is easy as fuck.  
    "
    Good trolling. Or maybe you don't realize that Hecatoncheir is one of the special summon fights.

They can take a few tries, but all I had to do was to copy his name into Youtube and a foolproof strategy popped up - just a tip.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Grissefar: Uh?  It's already proven on the site I had that game from day one in Japan, and I beat it real quick.  None of the summon fights were hard for me, only the missions that were post-Titan trials (dunno what they were called in English).  I even beat the final boss on my first try.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grissefar
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Grissefar: Uh?  It's already proven on the site I had that game from day one in Japan, and I beat it real quick.  None of the summon fights were hard for me, only the missions that were post-Titan trials (dunno what they were called in English).  I even beat the final boss on my first try. "
    So I guess a congratulations is in order. Next time you should try not to confuse the OP as much though.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

I don't really see how this is a problem... Hechaton is Vanille's Eidolon and Vanille's main role is a Saboteur so I thought it was quite obvious to pound him with status effects to get that gauge up.

@KaosAngel: Try explaining the roles in their English terms maybe he'll understand a bit better :P
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By animateria

Was it that hard?

I don't remember being that hard...

I'm just stuck because I always stall at the last bits in any RPG because I don't like it to end. I should just finish it. Eventually.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Grissefar: Uh?  It's already proven on the site I had that game from day one in Japan, and I beat it real quick.  None of the summon fights were hard for me, only the missions that were post-Titan trials (dunno what they were called in English).  I even beat the final boss on my first try. "
    You fanboyishly gushed about the game for months on end leading up to the release, and then fanboyishly bashed it in equal measure afterward.  Your opinion on FFXIII is so ridiculously cartoonish that there's no point in discussing the game with you.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tunaburn

i absolutely love that game. i was sad when i beat it. i want another one!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel
    @tunaburn said:
    " i absolutely love that game. i was sad when i beat it. i want another one! "
    I really enjoyed it, too.  I thought it was more or less FFX with a more active combat system; a concept I had no trouble getting behind.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Hailinel: Doesn't matter, I finished it within less than two weeks and before 2010 started.  I got almost all the trophies too, aside from the crazier ones with 100% completion with the weapon creations.  The same will happen with FFXIII-2 and Versus XIII, i'll pick it up from Japan or have a friend ship it to me as a gift.

The fact that I did it is something very few people on the site can even state.  My trophies even back it up.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @Hailinel said:
    " @tunaburn said:
    I really enjoyed it, too.  I thought it was more or less FFX with a more active combat system; a concept I had no trouble getting behind. "
    I always get so happy when I see other people saying that they enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. When reading various forum posts about the game it often seems like I'm the only one who really did love that game, despite its flaws.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Hailinel: Doesn't matter, I finished it within less than two weeks and before 2010 started.  I got almost all the trophies too, aside from the crazier ones with 100% completion with the weapon creations.  The same will happen with FFXIII-2 and Versus XIII, i'll pick it up from Japan or have a friend ship it to me as a gift.The fact that I did it is something very few people on the site can even state.  My trophies even back it up. "
    I don't care how many hours it took you to beat the game or how many trophies you have.  Your ability to discuss the game in even semi-intelligent terms is suspect to a ludicrous degree.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blueduck
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Hailinel: Doesn't matter, I finished it within less than two weeks and before 2010 started.  I got almost all the trophies too, aside from the crazier ones with 100% completion with the weapon creations.  The same will happen with FFXIII-2 and Versus XIII, i'll pick it up from Japan or have a friend ship it to me as a gift.The fact that I did it is something very few people on the site can even state.  My trophies even back it up. "

No Caption Provided
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @blueduck: ...level 24 Virgin and I'll take the sign and use it as my avatar.  No lie.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grissefar
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @blueduck: ...level 24 Virgin and I'll take the sign and use it as my avatar.  No lie. "
    I'm a bit confused about something here so maybe you could clarfy: When did you play it and how long did it take you?
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vexxan
    @tunaburn said:
    Agree. I have also fallen in love with the soundtrack, its amazing! :)
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By keyhunter

Play with yo dick instead.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nick

I'm playing through this right now, first Final Fantasy I've played since FF6. Seems pretty good, I like it.
    PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PK_Koopa

That's Vanille's summon right? I Kept Fang on Sentinel while he attacked, then went all out on him everytime he stopped. Use debuffs on him and heal when you need to. It's a pretty simple fight, just make sure Fang keeps his attention. I didn't bother making Fang a saboteur for that fight, I just made her a Sentinel/Commando depending on if he was attacking/using looming wrath. Just don't waste any time and you should be set.

Also I'm part of the people who enjoyed FFXIII as well. I understand what people hate about it, but it's not enough to distract me from my overall enjoyment.

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Dooops

*takes out his cane* I am thinking this game my be for people that have been gaming a long time.  A hard game nowadays is not hard. Go play some old original NES game. Hell we used to play broken games.

Anyhow, yes there are some mobs that are really hard UNTIL you find the easy/effective way of beating it. Don't just give up if it is hard, read up on how to beat the boss and then enjoy the rest of the game. You might have to get out of your comfort zone and use a different strategy than the COM+RAV+RAV, then RAV+RAV+RAV ... stagger ... celebrate!

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By jaycrockett

I had to put down this game for a few weeks at the final boss, because I refused to change out my party composition.  I had spent all my time and money progressing three of the characters and I was damned if I was going to switch them out for crappy Vanille.  Eventually I cooled down and switched Snow out for Vanille and blew out the boss the first try.
    I think it only took two tries for Vanille's summon, but I believe that was one of the cases I leveled up for a while to make it easier.  There is a section where those clockwork dudes are that is really easy to grind up in.

I think FFXIII may be the most extreme combination of excellence and shitty shitty crap that I have ever experienced in the same game.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Marcsman

A trashpicker eh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.