Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII

demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By demonssoulfood

Does anyone know of a good spot to grind for gil in FF XIII?  I am in chapter 11 and want something around this time. 

demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By demonssoulfood

Does anyone know of a good spot to grind for gil in FF XIII?  I am in chapter 11 and want something around this time. 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @demonssoulfood said:
    " Does anyone know of a good spot to grind for gil in FF XIII?  I am in chapter 11 and want something around this time.  "
    You do not earn gill from battle. You gotta sell items you pick up. Sadly items do not sell that well. The little " chips" you sometimes get from mech guys however do sell for a nice bit. 
    demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demonssoulfood

Sorry I should have been more specific, I know of a couple of places I read about in chapter XIII to farm for items that sell for more.  I am just looking for somewhere to farm for similar items in chapter XI. 
    Thanks

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Wait until you get to the chapter with the female PSICOM fighters. They drop Incentive Chips and sell for 2,500 each I think.

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WhytePanther

At Chapter 11, you have a few gil farming options.  One of which is to repeat Cie'th stone missions.  Particularly, there is one in the tower, #24, in which the mark is steps away from the stone, and repeating the quest nets you a Moonblossom Seed that sells for 6k.   That's sort of close to the end of the chapter though.  Another option is to repeat Mission 7, because the target there drops Tetradic Crown/Tiara, which can sell well, and the mark is close to the stone.  Plus dismantling those crowns/tiaras can help you get the sprint shoes, which are great for short battles.

The second option is to farm for stuff on the Chocobos.  Most of the drops are a little underwhelming, but you can get things like Gold Nuggets, Moogle Puppet and Chocobo Plush, which are all pretty good for the cash.  To unlock the chocobos, you'll have to complete a few Cie'th missions, starting with the first red barrier.

Finally, if you are able to handle them, the Adamanchelid (smaller non-armored version of the giant turtles) have a smallish chance to drop Gold Dust, which sells for 15k.  The larger ones drop much better stuff, but are VERY difficult to beat until you get max Crystarium in the post-game.  Chances are, one stomp will wipe your party.

demonssoulfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demonssoulfood
    @WhytePanther: thanks, thats good, im on the sixth cie'th stone so I'll probably just do the seventh one...thanks again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.