Final Fantasy XIII is released in less than 24 hours!

#1 Posted by AuthenticM (3707 posts) -

How crazy is that huh? So much time has passed since that very first trailer at (what was it?) E3 2006. It seemed as if we'd never get our hands on it. Nearly four years later, we finally get to play the fucking game. About damn time I say.

Now the wait for Versus commences. :)

#2 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Its an average JRPG, not the second coming of Christ. Chill.

#3 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" Now the wait for Versus commences. :) "
WRONG!  The wait is on for Agito XIII this winter in Japan and then Versus XIII in Winter 2011 in Japan.  You missed a game.
#4 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Just taking a small break. I've been playing for hours. Also you get a 50+ page art book in the collector's edition and a soundtrack and more!!

#5 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" Its an average JRPG, not the second coming of Christ. Chill. "
this x100. The majority of people on this site aren't interested.
#6 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

No need to shit on his excitement guys.

#7 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" No need to shit on his excitement guys. "
I didn't mean to, enjoy the moment. It obviously doesn't come round very often.
#8 Posted by Gabriel (4058 posts) -

Hopefully you enjoy it, 5 years is a long time to wait.

#9 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" Hopefully you enjoy it, 5 years is a long time to wait. "
Still waiting for Diablo 3 it's been 10 years. :(
#10 Posted by spacekatgal (83 posts) -

I cannot wait! I am picking it up at midnight!  

#11 Posted by Spacetrucking (943 posts) -

I just got an email from Amazon saying they shipped my copy. Hell yeah, I'm excited!  

It should be a welcome break after 3 straight months of BioWare games. That reminds me, Awakening is releasing this month too, oh crap. 

#12 Posted by Chirag4 (585 posts) -

Yeah man, can't wait!

#13 Posted by Zaapp1 (658 posts) -

I'm psyched because I liked the earlier ones and this one looks great from everything I've seen, but all the people being down on it are depressing me...

#14 Posted by Lelcar (600 posts) -

I can't wait until tomorrow! Going to be at EB first thing in the morning.
#15 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

I'm really hoping walmart stocks it tonight at midnight...

#16 Edited by spazmaster666 (1966 posts) -
@Inf225 said:

" I'm really hoping walmart stocks it tonight at midnight... "

Even if they don't have it on the shelves, you can just ask them to get it for you from the cart or from the back.

Anyways, I may just have to get the 360 version at midnight tonight while waiting for the PS3 to get here from Amazon as its the only time I'll have to play the game until Spring Break starts.
#17 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

I remember waiting for FF XII and finally picking that up one day on the way back from school with my friends, them not understanding my excitement. Man what a disappointment. It just feels weird that the game is coming out tomorrow. I feel that i'm going to enjoy it much more since I absolutely loved FF X, but i'm not feeling too excited. That will probably change when it's in my hands however.

I saw in the paper that Tesco will be doing a midnight launch. I'll pick it up tomorrow on the way to college. Then I should be going into central london on the way back to try and get it signed. Anyone else going to the launch event?

#18 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Not entirely hyped right now, just keeping everythinig calm and get my game.

But you guys....

GET HYPED SON!

#19 Posted by Jakii (20 posts) -
@Webby said:
" @Gabriel said:
" Hopefully you enjoy it, 5 years is a long time to wait. "
Still waiting for Diablo 3 it's been 10 years. :( "
Probably be another 2 D:
#20 Posted by Shinryu (245 posts) -

Cant WAIT for this game!

#21 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

You're not the only one. Hopefully I can get this game at midnight. I think GameStop is gonna rip me off there. I pre-ordered at the mall. The bad part is that the mall refuses to open at midnight. So I have to go to the closest Gamestop to the mall to pick it up at midnight. Problem is that the pre-order is at the mall.

#22 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" You're not the only one. Hopefully I can get this game at midnight. I think GameStop is gonna rip me off there. I pre-ordered at the mall. The bad part is that the mall refuses to open at midnight. So I have to go to the closest Gamestop to the mall to pick it up at midnight. Problem is that the pre-order is at the mall. "
I think you should just wait until tomorrow then. If you have a copy preordered then you shouldn't have to worry about rushing there. It's really not worth the extra couple of hours you might be able to play to waste your preorder money, especially if you're just going to go to another gamestop to give them more money on top of the 5 dollars or however much you already paid. The only midnight launch I went to was for GTAIV and now I just find it really unappealing. You're going to be tired when you are playing it, and then you'll be real tired tomorrow when you play it then too. You should just sleep and pick it up in the morning when you'll be more refreshed and be able to appreciate it more.

Also, pro tip for UK people: Both Sainsbury's and Asda are selling the game for roughly 35 quid, with Asda being marginally cheaper. It seems like the cheapest way to buy it if you want to pick it up in-store tomorrow.
#23 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Steve_C said:
" @ch13696 said:
" You're not the only one. Hopefully I can get this game at midnight. I think GameStop is gonna rip me off there. I pre-ordered at the mall. The bad part is that the mall refuses to open at midnight. So I have to go to the closest Gamestop to the mall to pick it up at midnight. Problem is that the pre-order is at the mall. "
I think you should just wait until tomorrow then. If you have a copy preordered then you shouldn't have to worry about rushing there. It's really not worth the extra couple of hours you might be able to play to waste your preorder money, especially if you're just going to go to another gamestop to give them more money on top of the 5 dollars or however much you already paid. The only midnight launch I went to was for GTAIV and now I just find it really unappealing. You're going to be tired when you are playing it, and then you'll be real tired tomorrow when you play it then too. You should just sleep and pick it up in the morning when you'll be more refreshed and be able to appreciate it more.  Also, pro tip for UK people: Both Sainsbury's and Asda are selling the game for roughly 35 quid, with Asda being marginally cheaper. It seems like the cheapest way to buy it if you want to pick it up in-store tomorrow. "
You have a point. I will be tired. But the minute I wake up, after I had my breakfast, I'm going to jump on that game. I want to be up and ready to play it. I don't want to drive down, pick it up, then drive back, and be tired just from the driving.
#24 Posted by Magresda (205 posts) -

I'm looking forward to the game finally coming out and people actually making their own opinions. Whether it's criticism or praise, it really irks me when people judge a game so thoroughly before having even played it.

#25 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -
@ch13696: Then pick up some 'gamer fuel' lol. Wake up, have a good breakfast and a coffee. Pick up an energy drink or something while you're there or on the way back, and then just sit down for the rest of the day and get stuck in.
#26 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -

Getting it at midnight... can't wait. It's about time we finally got it. 

Anyone telling you to calm down can stuff it, they don't have to wait this long for a single game.
#27 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I'll get this when the price is lowered.

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

FUCK THAT GAME!  POKEMON SOULSILVER ALL THE WAY BABY!

#29 Posted by TheLegendofLuke (563 posts) -

Played for a few hours today. Just as well I don't have any friends, because I feel like I'm going to dump a ton of my time into this...

#30 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I've really been going back and forth on this one. I wasn't really sure how I felt about it. A lot of people have been really down on the series these last couple of years. On some level, I understand why. It seems like XIII is going to be super cheesy and do nothing to further gameplay mechanics. But you know what I've realized? I like JRPGs dammit! 50 hours of Final Fantasy? Bring it on!!
#31 Posted by natetodamax (19190 posts) -

I asked this a few days ago but nobody responded. How long will it take for a price drop?

#32 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
"I asked this a few days ago but nobody responded. How long will it take for a price drop? "

Based on what happened in Japan, roughly a week.
#33 Posted by Chirag4 (585 posts) -
@Shinri said:
" @natetodamax said:
"I asked this a few days ago but nobody responded. How long will it take for a price drop? "
Based on what happened in Japan, roughly a week. "
On Amazon.jp it's still 8000 yen.
#34 Posted by AuthenticM (3707 posts) -

I'm playing right now. Don't let the naysayers get to you: it's FUCKING AWESOME!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.