Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII - March 9, 2010

theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theWarren
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Can't wait! I still haven't decided which console to get it for though...
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Do we know if it's this date is for both platforms?

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By m1k3

at least they kept their promise of a spring release.

theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theWarren
    @TooWalrus said:
    " Do we know if it's this date is for both platforms? "
    Yes, i believe the video said it's March 9th for US and Europe for PS3 and 360.  This was originally developed for PS3 right?  So that would be the preferred platform?
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andorski
    @TooWalrus said:
    MS said at their 2008 E3 conference that they will get Final Fantasy XIII the same date as the PS3.  So assume that this will be the release date for both systems in the US.
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JazGalaxy

Wow. That's really close. 

I think I like the way Sony has handled this. Not too much information so as to overexpose the product and then when they release a date it's only a few months a way. I think that's way better than something like Brutal Legend which seemed way overexposed and in development for a million years. But, then, maybe Final Fantasy is the only game that has to clout to be able to do something like that.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Glad to see that Europe will be getting it also on the same date. Man, that is so damn close. Mass Effect 2 at the end of January and then FFXIII that soon after! It's a good time to be an RPG fan!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @theWarren said:
    " @TooWalrus said:
    Yes, i believe the video said it's March 9th for US and Europe for PS3 and 360.  This was originally developed for PS3 right?  So that would be the preferred platform? "
    The game was developed using the Crystal Tools on a PC platform, designed to make porting the game to any system easier.
    I don't think we'll see a significant difference between the versions.

I was planning on importing the US PS3 version, I'm very surprised to see Europe getting it the same month, let alone day.  So now I'm not so sure, unless reviews point out any glaring problems, I'll probably go for the 360 version, for the achievements and my prefered controller.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I feel more comfortable getting it on the PS3 right now.  I am hoping they will include the Japanese language track on the PS3 version.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Kiemoe

I would feel dirty playing this game on my 360 for some reason. I'm gonna be picking this one up on my PS3

theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theWarren

@WinterSnowblind So are you saying that we're all basically getting a PC port?  Yeesh...that doesn't seem like a good thing necessarily.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Kiemoe said:
    " I would feel dirty playing this game on my 360 for some reason. I'm gonna be picking this one up on my PS3 "
    In that case, perhaps you should hold off for a Wii version?  ;)
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " I feel more comfortable getting it on the PS3 right now.  I am hoping they will include the Japanese language track on the PS3 version. "
    They might pull an Activision and leave that off just to keep each version even. But I mean, the kind of weirdos who would wasnt the Japanese track probably already own a PS3 and a lot of them are probably importing the Japanese version in December.
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By ToxicAntidote
    Can wait, and it will be totally awesome when it finally arrives.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JazGalaxy said:

" Wow. That's really close.  I think I like the way Sony has handled this. Not too much information so as to overexpose the product and then when they release a date it's only a few months a way. I think that's way better than something like Brutal Legend which seemed way overexposed and in development for a million years. But, then, maybe Final Fantasy is the only game that has to clout to be able to do something like that. "

Sony? this is a square-enix announcement...you DO know its coming out for 360 aswell right? 

And I'll believe it comes out in europe the same day as the US when I see it
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Bones8677

I'll be getting this for my PS3. I don't want to play this game on the 360 that would be like sleeping with my best friend's girlfriend. Just isn't right. That's just me though. -.-

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@ryanwho said:
    " @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " I feel more comfortable getting it on the PS3 right now.  I am hoping they will include the Japanese language track on the PS3 version. "
    They might pull an Activision and leave that off just to keep each version even. But I mean, the kind of weirdos who would wasnt the Japanese track probably already own a PS3 and a lot of them are probably importing the Japanese version in December. "
    Maybe. They talked about it before, and I think said they might if there was enough demand.

The reason I want it is because the English voice acting in JRPG's are rarely ever as good as their Japanese counterparts. I don't want to have any cutscenes ruined because of shitty voice acting. I have only watched one trailer with English, and I didn't like what I heard.
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Griddler
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Can't wait! I still haven't decided which console to get it for though... "
    Do you know if the 360 version is going to be on one disc? If so it doesn't really make a difference.

Pumped for this game.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome news.  Now if they could only bring Dragon Quest to 360.  Then I would be a happy panda.  :)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Rhaknar
    @girdz said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Do you know if the 360 version is going to be on one disc? If so it doesn't really make a difference.  Pumped for this game. "
    there is no way in hell the 360 version is on 1 disc
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Griddler
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @girdz said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Do you know if the 360 version is going to be on one disc? If so it doesn't really make a difference.  Pumped for this game. "
    there is no way in hell the 360 version is on 1 disc "
    I wasn't sure about it so I didn't want to sound like a fanboy before finding out... If it's on multiple discs PS3 seems like the way to go.

Pretty weird that Leona Lewis will be doing the them song for it... Mixing the Eastern with the Western might be cool though.
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JazGalaxy
    @Rhaknar said:
    "@JazGalaxy said:

" Wow. That's really close.  I think I like the way Sony has handled this. Not too much information so as to overexpose the product and then when they release a date it's only a few months a way. I think that's way better than something like Brutal Legend which seemed way overexposed and in development for a million years. But, then, maybe Final Fantasy is the only game that has to clout to be able to do something like that. "

Sony? this is a square-enix announcement...you DO know its coming out for 360 aswell right?   And I'll believe it comes out in europe the same day as the US when I see it "

typo
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By KingBroly
    @Vito_Raliffe said:

Sadly they aren't including it with either version because of the number of discs (three, to be exact) they want to hit on 360 (they've said as much in the past). 

I'm going to get it on PS3, because it was originally announced for PS3, and is not a port.
    JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JazGalaxy

I don't really understand wanting to limit the number of discs. Well, I guess I can for financial reasons. But other than that, if a game requires you to change discs.. it really doesn't matter how many at that point, I don't think.
    Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kotaku said: 

"Will feature a Leona Lewis single as the game's opening theme." 

That, is going to be a cringe-worthy think to listen to...
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kiemoe
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @Kiemoe said:
    " I would feel dirty playing this game on my 360 for some reason. I'm gonna be picking this one up on my PS3 "
    In that case, perhaps you should hold off for a Wii version?  ;) "
    Ahhh! I see what you did there haha
    Rahvar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rahvar

I'm looking forward to it, the Leona Lewis song isnt actually that bad, I did get similar vibes as I did with the other vocalized main themes for other FF games. Also I'll be getting it on the PS3 since I prefer the controller. Only reason I even own a 360 still is Mass Effect 2.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By meteora

I'm getting it for the Xbox 360, even if it sounds just wrong. The only reason why I considered getting a PS3 when choosing between that and the 360, was FFXIII.

Besides, I only have the 360 anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.