Finally no more Final Fantasy

• 69 results
#51 Posted by Pessh (2452 posts) -

Havn't finished it yet but I'm pretty sure it was your fault (the one hit ko thing)

#52 Posted by Turambar (6631 posts) -

I guess the fact that having a sentinel in the active paradigm to reduce damage taken by the party by a fairly significant percentage was completely lost on you.  Congrats on failing pretty badly.

#53 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -
@Turambar said:

" I guess the fact that having a sentinel in the active paradigm to reduce damage taken by the party by a fairly significant percentage was completely lost on you.  Congrats on failing pretty badly. "

I did have a sentinel, it doesn't matter if you have 100000000 hp because the attack is a 1 hit KO attack    
#54 Posted by Hailinel (23658 posts) -
@Ultimadark said:
" @Turambar said:

" I guess the fact that having a sentinel in the active paradigm to reduce damage taken by the party by a fairly significant percentage was completely lost on you.  Congrats on failing pretty badly. "

I did have a sentinel, it doesn't matter if you have 100000000 hp because the attack is a 1 hit KO attack     "
It's true, that boss does have an instant kill attack, but it's infrequently used and doesn't always connect when it is used.  My party leader was never attacked with it, but one of my supporting characters got nailed once or twice.  Even so, using that as an excuse to give up is absurd.
#55 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

I'm all for people not playing Final Fantasy, as I think it is an overly-hyped piece of junk, especially XIII, but deleting your save file was dumb.

#56 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

So much butthurt ITT.

#57 Posted by harinosho (591 posts) -

the game sucks, i played it. so i know... you made a good choice quitting that game. though deleting the save file.. bit harsh.

has anyone earned the trophy for 100k in one hit?

#58 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -
@harinosho said:
" the game sucks, i played it. so i know... you made a good choice quitting that game. though deleting the save file.. bit harsh.  has anyone earned the trophy for 100k in one hit? "
I did actually, got it on my last hit on an enemy that I had a 999% stagger on
#59 Edited by Hilbert (349 posts) -
@Ultimadark said:

"I'm done with Final Fantasy 13, last night I got to the last boss, and after to tries when he one-shot my main character about 15 minutes into the fight, I decided that I'm done and I won't play this game anymore. I deleted my save files and moved on to GTA IV, The lost and damned, feels great to hear some good voice acting for a change. "

Yeah I know, fucking game sucks. 

If you ever get the urge to finish it, just go and download a save file from gamefags but don't replay it because its evil.
#60 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

Cool decision.

#61 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -

Sure are alot of Wapanese in the thread.

#62 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

lol troll'd

#63 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@InfiniteGeass said:
" I thought the voice acting was pretty good.... "
As did I, though Vanille's voice took some time to get used too. (my sister dosen't like her's or Fang's voice.) 

@Hilbert said:
" @Ultimadark said:

"I'm done with Final Fantasy 13, last night I got to the last boss, and after to tries when he one-shot my main character about 15 minutes into the fight, I decided that I'm done and I won't play this game anymore. I deleted my save files and moved on to GTA IV, The lost and damned, feels great to hear some good voice acting for a change. "

Yeah I know, fucking game sucks.  If you ever get the urge to finish it, just go and download a save file from gamefaqs but don't replay it because its evil. "

How does that make sense what-so-ever? DL it but don't play it, then why bother DLing it? The game dosen't suck, it's just the player. Oh and I fixed your spelling ^^
#64 Posted by Hilbert (349 posts) -
@Catolf said:
" @InfiniteGeass said:
As did I, though Vanille's voice took some time to get used too. (my sister dosen't like her's or Fang's voice.) 

@Hilbert said:
" @Ultimadark said:

Yeah I know, game fucking sucks.  If you ever get the urge to finish it, just go and download a save file from gamefaqs but don't replay it because its evil. "
How does that make sense what-so-ever? dont play it then why bother dingeling it? The game does't suck, it's just.. I love you. Oh and I fixed my period^^ "

#65 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Hilbert said:

" @Catolf said:

" @InfiniteGeass said:

@Hilbert

said:
" @Ultimadark said:

Yeah I know, game fucking sucks.  If you ever get the urge to finish it, just go and download a save file from gamefaqs but don't replay it because its evil. "
How does that make sense what-so-ever? dont play it then why bother dingeling it? The game does't suck, it's just.. I love you. Oh and I fixed my period^^ "

"
this cleared up nothing.
#66 Posted by pegasuswinks (84 posts) -

Does this mean you would play Demon's Souls for 5 minutes then delete the save because the tutorial boss can one hit you?

#67 Posted by Anupsis (282 posts) -

I am just guessing that you did not do many side quests because I did a good amount of them and I beat the boss first try and never got close to getting 1 shotted by the boss. You should of went back and did some of the side quests.

#68 Edited by Pipiporapa (23 posts) -

You have issues... 

And apparently a lot of free time. 

#69 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Anupsis: Not even that. My first play through I only did 2 or so of the optional missions and I didn't have that much trouble. SENs make being under-leveled manageable and easy in many cases. I fully depended on one my first time but still didn't have a ton of trouble, people that have a lot trouble with the combat near the end of the game boggle my mind, guess they learned nothing the first 20 hours of the game.
#70 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -
@Anupsis said:
" I am just guessing that you did not do many side quests because I did a good amount of them and I beat the boss first try and never got close to getting 1 shotted by the boss. You should of went back and did some of the side quests. "
I think that calling them "side quests" is a misnomer, it's just "go kill that guy", never anything more interesting than that. (I'm not objecting to the fact that you are using side quest, since I would say that as well, just that the quests aren't worthy of the name quests)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.