Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Freezing issues? Should I be worried?

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By beforet

Some things here might be spoilers, but only if you consider area names spoilers.

Okay, so I had been playing FFXIII for about 40 hours while having no trouble when it froze for the first time. I was at the tower in Pulse, before Oerba. I thought "Fuck! There goes three hours!" but I redid that bit, saving at every opportunity. Then, when I got to Oerba proper, it froze again while I was accessing a save point. So this game has frozen twice within 5 hours after 40 hours of play. I thought nothing of it, but then it froze again about thirty minutes later when I was walking around outside of battle. Then I came here.

After doing some research, I have discovered that  Final Fantasy XIII freezing is a thing. I have also discovered that the console subsequently bricking is also a thing. Currently my PS3(60GB) can recognize the disk, which is scratchless. So my question is, should I be worried? Should I just stop playing? I have seen the videos posted by RuneWalsh and while my situation is not identical, I'm afraid it may yet be. Thoughts? I'm at a loss here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I played through to the end (about 60-70 hours) on the PS3 and it didn't freeze up once.  I don't see any reason to worry.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Turambar

What FFXIII freezing thing?  This is my first time hearing about it, and never ran into it during my playthroughs.  Are your other games working fine?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By McGhee

I heard about FF13 murdering older PS3s too. Since you've already had issues, I'm not sure if I'd continue playing if I was you. I guess it depends on if you have the money to replace it if it breaks.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Naw, I don't think so. 
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By beforet

This is the first time something like this has happened for me. This article explains it, and it also has the video I mentioned. I have no cash for a replacement PS3, so it would really suck if this bricked it. I'll try again later, and if it freezes again then I'll put the game down.

LittleBigJono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LittleBigJono

Hmmm, i played the whole game and got the platinum without freezing once. Sorry this is happening to you :( But yeah, if it could brick your ps3 I would stop playing, its not that great of a game :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.