Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Games People Hate: Final Fantasy XIII

• 61 results
    NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I loved both FFXIII & XIII-2, so much that I 1000/1000 and platinum'd both of them. :P My favorite RPGs after Lost Odyssey.

sjaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Many people are complaining about the pacing, characters and stuff, but I really disliked the battle system in FFXIII and to be really honest, a kind of boring? When the world opens up a little in chapter 11 I couldn't find my way anymore, battles took to long and I was losing interest and energy after pressing the same button in every battle, while sometimes changing the role of a character. I really, really wanted to like Final Fantasy XIII, hell, at some point I even liked X-2, but I guess I wasn't cut out for it. I've stopped playing at chapter 11 and that's the first time I haven't finished a Final Fantasy game. Ah well, I will just wait and see what XV is gonna bring to the table.

lordgodalming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I really liked XIII. Even the linear parts. I thoroughly believe that if this game came out as a new IP instead of a FF game, people would have loved it way more. People loved Eternal Sonata, as did I, and that game could not have been more linear and downright frustrating in parts. I just think those that were long time FF fans, had grown out of that phase without realizing it and whatever game came out was going to be a disappointment.

Also duders, stop asking for a FFVII remake. You don't know what you are asking for.

You say a lot of intelligent and valuable things in a very short space here. Cheers!

Regarding the FFVII remake, I agree that most people who are begging for it would end up hating the final product because it would be VERY different from the original. That said, I do think there are those of us who would enjoy a remake whatever choices Square made in it because, no matter what, nobody at Square would half-ass that thing.

lordgodalming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@nmc2008 said:

I loved both FFXIII & XIII-2, so much that I 1000/1000 and platinum'd both of them. :P My favorite RPGs after Lost Odyssey.

Never played Lost Odyssey, sadly. But I also enjoyed tracking down all the trophies (with the exception of the weapon/item one in FFXIII) for these two games. The only game that's taken me longer to Plat than FFXIII is Demon's Souls.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@verendus said:

@believer258: I hope this doesn't mean Square will find a way to shove Lightning down our throats again.

I don't really understand this complaint. Lightning is a character in the XIII universe. Yes, she makes a guest appearance in XIV, which is an MMO, but "shoving down our throats" seems like an extreme description of the fact that they've made three XIII games. That's like saying Sony Santa Monica shoves Kratos down our throats.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

@believer258: I hope this doesn't mean Square will find a way to shove Lightning down our throats again.

I don't really understand this complaint. Lightning is a character in the XIII universe. Yes, she makes a guest appearance in XIV, which is an MMO, but "shoving down our throats" seems like an extreme description of the fact that they've made three XIII games. That's like saying Sony Santa Monica shoves Kratos down our throats.

Not to mention that no one has to buy the game in the first place.

Hey, if you dislike Final Fantasy, it's a fairly easy series to ignore!

As much as I bash Hope, I like what I played of FF13 and Lightning seems like a good character. I was just ready to move on from that damn junkyard...

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

No arguments there. They made it easy to ignore.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I really liked it. I think it has great gameplay, a cool setting and an interesting, if a little confusing at times, story. I never felt as if the game was half tutorials at all.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I really liked it. I think it has great gameplay, a cool setting and an interesting, if a little confusing at times, story. I never felt as if the game was half tutorials at all.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#60  Edited By Hailinel

@verendus said:

@believer258 said:

@hailinel said:

@verendus said:

No arguments there. They made it easy to ignore.

Then why not ignore this thread, as well?

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Guess I should, my sincerest apologies for disagreeing with your opinion.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked this and 13-2 two up at gamestop for like 20 bucks altogether awhile back. I used to be really into FF in general but after about 7ish hours in, I just can't find anything to grab onto.

But hey, FF14 RR is pretty great!

TowerSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, alright, I've got a question- I didn't pick up this game, ever, because of the rather mixed response and the fact that FFXII was probably my personal biggest disappointment of the PS2. Is there anyone else out there who also didn't like 12 who can tell me if they then turned around and enjoyed this game?

Cory_Sthokely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cory_Sthokely

Hello there! Honey i agree with everything your review is perfect the pacing in FFXIII is forced and its bizarre it's ridiculous to determine it based in all the fighting that this game offer [it's the only thing you can do],that's unbearable for a JRPG.

Keytee_Tamira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

Do you notice yourself having the track stuck on your head?

YES. I do have. I always find myself to sing Lightning's Theme (Blinded by Light), Dust to Dust (Theme of Oerba) Saber's Edge, Main theme of the game and many other themes from this game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.