Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Gil...my kingdom for some Gil!

SashaNYI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SashaNYI

I really dig this game a lot but if I do have a gripe (this is the internet, after all lol), it's the lack of gil early on in the game. Granted, I'm just venting but I'm sure some folks might have got frustrated and gave up because of it. Other than that minor gripe, this game is a blast.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

The game is so far the best Final Fantasy I've seen. The best thing about the Gil problem is that you don't have to worry about grinding to be able afford some decent weapons. You only worry about grinding at the end of the game. 

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WhytePanther

Well, nothing actually _drops_ gil.  That's the first thing that you have to wrap your head around.  But ch's right, you don't need any cash for quite a ways into the game, and as long as you're good at finding all the chests, you'll get most of the base level weapons.  And enemy drops will be more than enough to cover your basic upgrading needs during the story.  I didn't miss buying upgrades all through the game.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
    peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

You will start to get a lot of gil later in the game, so don't worry about it too much at the start.

SashaNYI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SashaNYI

I'm always running out of Phoenix Down's. It makes it a bit difficult. :)

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RandomHero666

When you get to Oerba in like.. chapter 12, make sure to fix the little robot, you will make a lot of money from that little guy.
    Later in the game you can farm Gil from Adamantoises, and hope they drop platinum ignots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.