How much better will FF13 be on PS3 vs 360? A little? Or a lot?

• 72 results
#51 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

There will probably be two seconds in the intro where the PS3 version has an additional soldier in the background, satisfying people like you who need to warrant their console purchase.

#52 Edited by pause422 (6172 posts) -
Kush said:
"How about this little nugget... It will be exactly the same...Oh no.
"
Exactly. The only way it will be different is if the 360 one requires more than one disc, or if it normally would but gets compressed onto a single one. Then the textures would look a bit compressed in areas, but ultimately be nearly unnoticeable, without direct side by side comparison. This is such a dumb topic. Btw, anyone thinking this is being lead deved on the PS3 is wrong. Like every other FF game, its made on a PC and ported and converted properly to the systems that its on, so that's not the case either.

Who the fuck cares honestly? Anyone interested in the game that now only has a PS3 or only a 360 (or just whichever they want to get it on) now have that option. Just be happy and not stupid.
#54 Posted by guiseppe (2838 posts) -

I'm guessing the difference will be similar to those in the comparison of GTA IV on both systems. So next to none, except if you really look for them.

#55 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Maybe they could fit them all onto one disc on the 360....but they do multiple so they don't have to be so compressed onto a single one, making the textures and stuff look a bit worse. So ultimately that's their main reason for doing that, I believe.

#56 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

The multiple disk point is moot my man, as we all know:
You usually have to install PS3 games anyways. Remember DMC 4 and MGS 4? And now the NXE has allowed us to install 360 games. So they're probably going to be on equal footing there.
Then there's the fact that the 360 is better at handling particle effects. As we all know, FF games love particle effects.
And it doesn't matter when they started developing for the PS3. PS3 games always take longer to develop due to the fact that it's a total bitch to program for. They'll probably port the 360 version over in like 2 months. It's not like they fucking start from scratch or anything.
Also It's going to suck on both consoles because FF games are pretty much hella stupid.

#57 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"neither. ff13 will suck just like 7,8,9,10,x2, 12..ect
P.S go into your profile and change your stance to sony fanboy, since your obviously one.
"
:O... Duuuude, shhhhhh! 10x2 never existed, never speak of that atrocity again.

All the other FFs you mentioned though kick ASS... except for 8, which was ok... and  haven't really played 12 yet... but the rest kick ASS! (7 & 9) :)
#58 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"neither. ff13 will suck just like 7,8,9,10,x2, 12..ect
P.S go into your profile and change your stance to sony fanboy, since your obviously one.
"
:O... Duuuude, shhhhhh! 10x2 never existed, never speak of that atrocity again.

All the other FFs you mentioned though kick ASS... except for 8, which was ok... and  haven't really played 12 yet... but the rest kick ASS! (7 & 9) :)
#59 Posted by Shadow2K6 (381 posts) -

It will be the same.  The only difference is 360 might be on multiple discs.

#60 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

He's had his fun, guys. Cut it out.
#61 Posted by SpikeDelight (687 posts) -

The 360 one will be better, and why did you list that it will be ported to a console "rife with hidden charges"? Are you referring to Xbox Live? If so, that's one very visible charge and FF13 isn't even online to our knowledge so it's irrelevant! This is stupid. Also, I have a PS3 and will probably get it on the PS3 because it's coming out so much sooner but I will get the 360 one too when it comes out a year or so from then because I want the Gamerscore and it'll be a special edition release with more features. If it makes you feel better though, they will probably come out with a PS3 re-release simultaneausly with the 360 one so it's not exclusive but still, that technically makes the 360 one better than the first PS3 one. Also, John Carmack of id even said the PS3 is inferior to develop for, not that I care. As long as it's out on PS3 it really doesn't matter because PS3 owners will have it earlier than 360 owners. You can find the Carmack interview on the page for the game "Rage" on Gametrailers.

#62 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

I would have to argue that the PS3 version will be better, purely on a stand point that it's developed for that platform first. Microsoft (or any company) can't pay them to 'make it worse on the PS3' -that's stupid. Mainly because it was already almost finished when that deal went down.

It might not have any extra features on the PS3 and if there is DLC it will prob come out on the PS3 (or both) since FFXIII isn't coming out on the Xbox in Japan and they would loose the audience that they actually care about.

#63 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
Kush said:
"How about this little nugget... It will be exactly the same...Oh no.
"
I'd assume the PS3 one will have uncompressed 7.1 audio? And also the 360 one will probably be on more than one disc.

Other than that they'll be the same I suppose.
#64 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

but who cares ?

#65 Posted by Verdugo (2001 posts) -

Is there a significant difference?

#66 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

if you like DLC, not that i think that DLC will happen for Final Fantasy. But there could always be a first.

#67 Posted by grasslunatic (82 posts) -

Both versions will be practically the same. Square Enix are not going to release a crap version on the 360. They want it to sell so they can make some money.

#68 Posted by Thecookiejar (44 posts) -

Theyd be pretty much the same. This is just a stupid 'whats the better console' topic

#69 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
SathingtonWaltz said:
"I think that some people actually over-estimate the capabilities of the PS3. While I do agree that it's a more powerful machine, I don't think it's by a significant margin. I expect both versions to look the same. "
Yeah, people do do that a little.
#70 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
SpikeDelight said:
"The 360 one will be better, and why did you list that it will be ported to a console "rife with hidden charges"? Are you referring to Xbox Live? If so, that's one very visible charge and FF13 isn't even online to our knowledge so it's irrelevant! This is stupid. Also, I have a PS3 and will probably get it on the PS3 because it's coming out so much sooner but I will get the 360 one too when it comes out a year or so from then because I want the Gamerscore and it'll be a special edition release with more features.
What makes you assume the PS3 version won't have trophies in it?
#71 Posted by MrsIronNipples (45 posts) -

And while PS3/Xbox360 owners bicker over a non-exclusive game, Wii owners are still able to boast the fact that the upcoming Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game is still on the Wii.  Now my curiosity comes to whether I should buy a $199.99 bricked machine or buy Sony's monster machine at the cost of some limbs or a third mortgage.

#72 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

Well PS3 has better Blu Ray playback than 360 has DVD playback, and considering FF13 looks like a BAD POPCORN ANIME feature more than a game, I suppose sheep will enjoy it more in true BRD quality.  

#73 Posted by Dragoon14 (125 posts) -
@WilliamRLBaker: neither. ff13 will suck just like 7,8,9,10,x2, 12..ect

They don't suck at all. Ps3 will be better for it/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.