Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Is Final Fantasy XIII coming to PC?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

Read in a news article a while ago that they were building the game using PC tools. With the release of the Last Remnant on PC last year, and Square's previous releases to PC with its PS1 Final Fantasies, do you think that there's some chance this could come to PC. I would be one to buy it first day if it did. 

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I have no idea..but Im pretty sure most FF games are built using a PC first then put on the platforms, and most havent come to PC since a long time ago(not including the mmo) it seems.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I think it's quite likely it'll come to the PC, eventually.
    But I'd expect it to be 360/PS3 exclusive for at least a year, it certainly won't be coming at the same time.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Geno

If it did, it would be interesting to see how they resolve the space issue. It seems that the 360 version will require several DVD's, so it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be a 30GB game even when/if it does come out on PC. Also wouldn't stop me from getting it lol. 

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adamantium

I bet it would depend on the success of the console release. IIRC, the PS1 FF games came out far after the console versions proved to be a hit with gamers. Perhaps this one will go the same way.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Most japanese games are using pc tools btw, same with capcom and other japanese developers considering resident evil 5, devil may cry 4 was made on the pc first. It doesn't mean it's going to be announced for the pc, however one can hope I guess.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By Symphony

Only VII and VIII were released on PC and those were ported by Eidos  (who did a pretty shitty job, iirc). Since then the only one to see a PC release was FFXI for obvious reasons (eg it's an MMO). But you're right in that they released Last Remnant on it, so there's certainly a chance... but I'm going to guess that it won't. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By vidiot

There are currently no plans for a PC port. The closest thing was this article on Kotaku, which was immediately shot down from Square. 

It's true, there is a possibility that eventually a PC port could be done. I think Last Remnant was released on PC primarily as a publicity stunt to show that Square can release multi-platform titles, what better way to show you are competent using Unreal 3 than a PC port.

It should be noted that on VII and VIII were released on PC, IX never got a PC port.

MikeHaggarKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikeHaggarKJ

dont hold your breath. the jrpg market on the pc is ridicoulusly small.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Willy105

It would be nice, and with 360 support, it seems pretty common sense.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Geno

Since they're making it with 360 support, doesn't that mean it would be really easy to port it over? Not doing so would kind of seem like a missed opportunity. 

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Xeiphyer

To clarify for people, they are using the Crystal Tools (previously white engine) for Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, the tools are designed to be multiplatform in nature, and were designed to develop PS3, Xbox 360, and PC games, its also possible for the tools to be used in conjunction with the Wii but they don't have any plans to do so currently.

So yeah, its supports PC =P Also technically all games are built on the PC the ported onto consoles, itd be pretty tricky to code a game with an xbox controller heheh.

I would say based on square-enix's previous track record, combined with the fact that they are trying to get into the PC market and their toolset supports it; they most likely will port the game to PC. However I wouldn't expect this for at least 6 months, more likely a year or more.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Diamond

Personally I strongly doubt it'll get a PC version, but it's possible.  Last Remnant was Unreal Engine 3, and they have FF14 coming to push on the PC platform.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#14  Edited By Ping5000

It sure would be nice. Capcom's done a bang-up job with their ports and I hope Square follows suit so they too can be cool and hip.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.