Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Issues with saves.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

What is even going on with how the 360 version saves games?

Example: I have saves 50-55 at the front of my load list (Far right), then it goes from 1-46, then 56-61. Has anyone else had a problem with the saves just not knowing how to numerically order themselves?

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By gla55jAw

I think the real question is why do you have 61 saves? As for your question I have no idea. The entire game I had 3 saves until the final area/ post game where I have maybe 6.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

The only problem i had with saves is that there are too gah damn many save points in the game.   Just put in a quick save feature already.  I feel obligated to save at every point and lack the conscious to skip them.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jNerd
    @Marz said:
    " The only problem i had with saves is that there are too gah damn many save points in the game.   Just put in a quick save feature already.  I feel obligated to save at every point and lack the conscious to skip them. "
    Ditto ditto
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189
    @gla55jAw said:
    " I think the real question is why do you have 61 saves? As for your question I have no idea. The entire game I had 3 saves until the final area/ post game where I have maybe 6. "
    Experience with Jrpgs dictates to make a billion saves. And it's a hard drive these days, not an 8mb card. Why not
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By gike987
    @gla55jAw said:

" I think the real question is why do you have 61 saves? As for your question I have no idea. The entire game I had 3 saves until the final area/ post game where I have maybe 6. "

You don't play Jrpgs often, do you? I always have at least 10  saves while I play Jrpgs. Good thing we don't have memory cards anymore.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @gike987 said:
    " @gla55jAw said:

You don't play Jrpgs often, do you? I always have at least 10  saves while I play Jrpgs. Good thing we don't have memory cards anymore. "
    That's not entirely true. I play a shit ton of RPGs and don't keep many save files either. My 360 copy of FF13 only has 1 save. I've never had a problem in my entire career of gaming where a game bugged out and I had to restart or I fucked up beyond repair and had to restart... Ok that is slightly a lie but the game it happened on was all about restarting, so whatever. Got to keep my weapons and xp so it wasn't the end of the world.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By gla55jAw
    @gike987 said:

" @gla55jAw said:

You don't play Jrpgs often, do you? I always have at least 10  saves while I play Jrpgs. Good thing we don't have memory cards anymore. "
    I play JRPGs all the time. I usually just save over my save files. I usually have 1 or 2 for the most of the game and I keep 1 near the end and 1 for the last save before the boss fight. I'm probably just used to it from the memory card days when space was limited. But I don't see a need for more than 10 per game.
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By fugie7

i would want to save some rooms in my hard drive that's why i usually use one save file in each of my games. there's really no need to have more then one saves , its just uses more room in your hard drive that you would need later.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By Soap

I usually keep, 1 or 2 tops... there is absolutely no reason to keep 60 odd save :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.