Never played a Final Fantasy

#1 Posted by Lozz (311 posts) -

Surprisingly I haven't and I really feel like I should have. Anyway this game looks amazing and I know I'm gonna get it, I'm just not sure how easy it will be to jump into a Final Fantasy game without ever playing any before. Ive played a lot of western RPG's but hardly any JRPGS. Ive heard there quite hard, or challenging rather, but yeah do I need to go back and see what I missed?

#2 Posted by ProfessorEss (7514 posts) -

Final Fantasy is not a continuing story so you should be good as far as that goes.

The only thing I really every felt was "hard" about them was the super long, unskippable combat animations. They make for some long ass fights that can be very frustrating when you lose and have to start them again.

I've never been a big fan myself but I'll give FF13 a shot.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

Generally they're not that hard. You can just level up for a bit by fighting random monsters and then the next boss becomes easier. You should be able to jump into it no problem. Although I'd recommend going back and checking out some of the better installments in the series.

#4 Posted by Lozz (311 posts) -

Final Fantasy XII is £5 from play which is insanely cheap. That any good?

#5 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

I was not a fan either until last week atually I started playing FF 10. It is an awesome game, you should play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.