Orgasm Sounds

• 70 results
#1 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -

Do you like the orgasm sounds that the women (and sometimes men) make in JRPG's. I find it incredibly silly, tasteless, and embarassing, and on Star Ocean I muted the voices. While I am talking about FF, I'll hammer the SO example one more time: & why do they think it is appropriate to have toddlers make such sounds?

Do these sounds appeal to the Otaku sector of the fanbase? Do these sounds appeal to the general audience? 

While I liked the character Vanille, it bothered me that she was constantly making over-the-top sigh sounds, usually for no apparent reason. 

So what is your opinion?

// I did enjoy the game though - A masterpiece of both CGI, Art Design, Music, & turn-based gameplay //

#2 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2050 posts) -

Well, somebodies perverted.

#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

What do you mean? Like the noises they make during combat? 

#4 Posted by Endless_Abyss (2 posts) -

I totally notices those noises. Vanille is very.. into it. I'm guessing she likes battle? Anyway, there is an entire fanfiction based on it. Let's just say Fang has some issues with said noises.
#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

You're the messed up one if their screams/moans remind you of orgasm sounds, not the game.

#6 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

what the hell are you talking about?

#7 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
@afrofools said:
"and on Star Ocean I muted the voices."

I bet you did this so your Mother didn't think you were holed up in your room making orgasm sounds.
#8 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

You mean the high-pitched squeals whenever a female is hit? I haven't played FF XIII, but I've never really thought about it. I guess it blends in with the rest of a JRPG's craziness. Or maybe it fits the childlike voices and appearances of JRPG characters. Perhaps you're just thinking about it too much and now have caused me to think about it too much...

#9 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

This thread is so wrong in so many ways.

#10 Posted by supermike6 (3530 posts) -

I think it's hot. 

....I mean, I don't notice it. Ever. What are you even talking about?

#11 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
@Origina1Penguin said:
"You mean the high-pitched squeals whenever a female is hit? "

Are we still talking about video games?
#12 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" @afrofools said:
I bet you did this so your Mother didn't think you were holed up in your room making orgasm sounds. "
That's how I spend most Saturday nights.
That's not weird or nothin...is it?
....nah.
#13 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" What do you mean? Like the noises they make during combat?  "
I think he means the ooh's and aah's that dubbed anime is known for.  yknow... that kinda stuff.
#14 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

You have obviously never given a woman an orgasm

#15 Posted by JakeTaylor (309 posts) -

#16 Posted by BaneFireLord (2908 posts) -

I am absolutely terrified right now.

#17 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"@afrofools said:
I bet you did this so your Mother didn't think you were holed up in your room making orgasm sounds. "

Lucky him, he also managed to save himself from the horror of hearing Lymle and Sarah's voice acting. AAAARGH! That stuff is horrible!
#18 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

I should play more JRPGs^^

#19 Edited by damswedon (3173 posts) -

WHAT??

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

#21 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

"@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

"@afrofools said:
Lucky him, he also managed to save himself from the horror of hearing Lymle and Sarah's voice acting. AAAARGH! That stuff is horrible! "

I found that random pirate noise in the middle of your post unsettling.
#22 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

It's something that I've noticed in a lot of Japanese games and anime. It definitely does bother me, just because it always seems unnatural and a little weird. 

#23 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

#24 Posted by Brendan (7667 posts) -

To be honest, the whole Vanille summon special attack thing is pretty ridiculous.  It doesn't take much imagination to see what they were going for.

#25 Edited by afrofools (1313 posts) -

Whether you want to call them Orgasm sounds or not they are fucking ridiculous, and no I don't play in my room, I play in the living room. How can you not notice these sounds, and I'm not even talking about the battle squeals. I'm not perverted for fuck sake. Do you like these sounds or not? What in the hell are they doing in the game?  I am not some crazy person the gets off on cartoon characters - just so you know if you think I am some sicko for noticing.

@xaLieNxGrEyx: How did you know, who sent you! - Seriously, just because real people don't sound like that when they are doing it, doesn't mean it kind of sounds perverse. 
@FluxWaveZ: Dude, there is no way I am going to play that, but I'm glad you get the point. 

EDIT: Forgot to write "not" in the last sentence of my ramble - HA!

#26 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

It wouldn't be a JRPG without young girls with big breasts that barely wear anything and moan every time something touches them.

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (35838 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: 

That's raging? It looks like they cut out 80% of the orgasm, and she just bent back to scream for half a second.
#28 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

I don't equate grunts and noises to be orgasm sounds because that's not what orgasms sound like. Also they aren't just in JRPGs.

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -
@afrofools said:
" I'm not perverted for fuck sake. "
Face the truth.
#30 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:

"

"
30 seconds onwards is awesome. With some drums it could be part of a Boards of Canada track. 

#31 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @afrofools said:
" I'm not perverted for fuck sake. "
Face the truth. "
Never!
#32 Posted by Spoonman671 (4527 posts) -

Japanese game developers (and whatever you call the people who make anime) simply have no idea how human beings interact.  It's hard to even chock it up to cultural differences, because actual Japanese people don't act like that.  It's just some bizarre, overbearing, and unnecessary flourish used to communicate subtle emotions.  Maybe it's some vestige of a more rudimentary media through which natural behavior was more difficult to portray.  Who knows.

#33 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

Vanille whilst casting. Oh god...

#34 Posted by TooWalrus (13130 posts) -

I'm playing that game right now. Like, right this second, it's a cutscene. I'm gonna say, Vanille totally sucks, but the rest of the game is quite good. I like it way WAY more than I thought I would.

#35 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -
@Spoonman671: Nice explanation. Japanese people I have met are normal people, but maybe those that are game developers retain the immaturities of their youth. It's a mystery.
#36 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@afrofools:
I highly respect your response to that 

And your right, I was just given you a hard time lol  

They do sound a little preverse, really only vanielle
#37 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

There's far less sexual sounds (TO YOUR EARS) in the Japanese FF13. Vanille sounds decent, not "ok your character is the cutesy young girl" voice-acting you'd expect.

The localization could have been a bunch better in direction.

#38 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@Spoonman671:
Not all anime is like that
#39 Posted by Obsidian (346 posts) -

You must think tennis is really hot then.  You can jerk off to the Australian open, it's on ESPN2.

#40 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

It's the reason why I picked vanille as my healer.

#41 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -
@afrofools:  
You sound a little too angry and defensive, there fella. It's OK though. Vanille squeals are quite delightful. ;)
#42 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" @afrofools:  
You sound a little too angry and defensive, there fella. It's OK though. Vanille squeals are quite delightful. ;) "
He doth protest too much, methinks.
#43 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -
@Obsidian said:
" You must think tennis is really hot then.  You can jerk off to the Australian open, it's on ESPN2. "
I'm not into tennis chicks, cheerleaders on the other hand... ;) Do you jerk off to the Australian open? Actually I don't want to know :)
#44 Posted by Beforet (2911 posts) -

This thread has done nothing but cement my resolve to play this game.

#45 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -
@EvilTwin said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" @afrofools:  
You sound a little too angry and defensive, there fella. It's OK though. Vanille squeals are quite delightful. ;) "
He doth protest too much, methinks. "
I/He need/s to protest, I was being ganged up on with incorrect accusations.
#46 Posted by Hailinel (23689 posts) -

If I want orgasm sounds, I'll just listen to my neighbors through the wall of my condo bedroom on the nights that they aren't having 2AM shouting matches and arguments.

I wish I was joking.  I have no idea what's going on next door.

#47 Posted by Tyashki (211 posts) -

Its presumably simply part of the greater Japanese   Moé trend.

#48 Posted by afrofools (1313 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" If I want orgasm sounds, I'll just listen to my neighbors through the wall of my condo bedroom on the nights that they aren't having 2AM shouting matches and arguments.  I wish I was joking.  I have no idea what's going on next door. "
Sorry to hear that :( 

When you get a house made these days you can ask for special soundproofing in your walls, I think it is mostly foam. Too bad Condos are not often fitted with them. I used to have some crazy inbred types renting next door that were having shouting matches with themselves and anyone else they came across constantly, they literally bombed everyone in the streets letterboxes, - luckily I don't have one ;P 

Have you tried pushing all your furniture up against the wall or listening to some music? I guess it would be a big problem for when you are trying to get some rest. Good luck :|
#49 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -
  1. Make a blog about "orgasm sounds".
  2. Strongly deny any sexual deviance or perversion.
  3. Ask user if he jerks off to the Australian Open.

In all seriousness though the only reason I find it annoying is because it's one of those over-the-top clichés of eastern entertainment.
#50 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

Yeah Vanille's battle noises are somewhat suspect. I can't think of many other games that have that problem though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.