Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Playing Final Fantasy XIII

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gattsu25

The labyrinthine mazes and random encounters that I despised in previous FF games have been stripped out.  The dull towns are gone, as are the shops and inns that never seemed to work well in previous games.  The mandatory grind has been entirely removed.  Micromanagement has been eliminated and battles now concentrate entirely on macro strategy. 

These are all changes to things that have annoyed me in previous jRPGs and yet the game is still bittersweat.  What I would think would be the perfect jRPG is still plagued with something that makes it hard for me to absolutely love the game - the anime storyline, dialog, and characters.  On second tought...game is great.  I love it.

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ClownDetective

I absolutely agree. I love this gae for taking out the grinding and micro management. I never thought I'd ever enjoy, let alone complete, a jrpg again but this game has won me over completely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.