Pulse Quests

#1 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

Okay, so i am 40 hrs in...and still doing missions here. I have a bout 50% of them done....I am wondering how imperative it is to finish these...I get the feeling that it's mostly for weapon and character upgrading...but I just wanna finish this and trade it in dammit...Mass Effect and Dragon Age are still staring at me :P

#2 Edited by groin (847 posts) -

Some of those hunts are not possible until you defeat the final boss (the final Crystarium level is unlocked at that point). It will take most people over 100 hours to do everything in the game. In summary, the quests are just for completionists.

#3 Posted by ThanatosXRS (61 posts) -

You do know the Cp grinding trick right?! 

#4 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Yeah, last I played the game I was about 80 hours in. I beat the game and finished about half the quests. Also finished everyones Crystarium. It's tough, but well worth it. I suggest keeping the game. 

#5 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@groin said:
" Some of those hunts are not possible until you defeat the final boss (the final Crystarium level is unlocked at that point). It will take most people over 100 hours to do everything in the game. In summary, the quests are just for completionists. "
Yeaah...that's kind of what I figured...I may just bugger off ahead then...I have no desire to 100% this game, I don't have the time nor the patience for that anymore.
#6 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

It took me 148 hours to 100% this game, all achievements and everything. It was a blast doing it too, I still get the urge to play it :P

#7 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" It took me 148 hours to 100% this game, all achievements and everything. It was a blast doing it too, I still get the urge to play it :P "
oh dear lord....I'll never 100% this game lol
#8 Posted by Alphiehyr (1083 posts) -
@groin said:
" Some of those hunts are not possible until you defeat the final boss (the final Crystarium level is unlocked at that point). It will take most people over 100 hours to do everything in the game. In summary, the quests are just for completionists. "
More like FF dedicated completionists.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.