Endure 25 hours for the juicy stuff.

#3 Posted by Soap (3575 posts) -
@Zephyer said:
" Press "X" to avoid death. "
Best advice I've had so far.
#4 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Thanks for the advice!  :)

#5 Posted by tomte (291 posts) -

i died in every battle trying it :( however it went much better when pressing O O L2  "downdown" O O O

#6 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

So, the same tactic that applies for all the previous Final Fantasy games. 
Well ok, NES days was A but still. 
I thought people knew this by now :D

#7 Posted by Fallen189 (4976 posts) -

HAHAHAH THIS IS SO FUNNY. I GET IT, COZ ITS LINEARE?!

#8 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -
@Fallen189 said:
" HAHAHAH THIS IS SO FUNNY. I GET IT, COZ ITS LINEARE?! "
I GET THE JOKE! DO YOU GET IT? I GET IT HAHAHAHA
#9 Posted by Fallen189 (4976 posts) -
@luce said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" HAHAHAH THIS IS SO FUNNY. I GET IT, COZ ITS LINEARE?! "
I GET THE JOKE! DO YOU GET IT? I GET IT HAHAHAHA "
It was really good. I liked the part where he made the joke.
#10 Posted by SteveV (182 posts) -
@Zephyer:  After the 6 hour mark or so....not so much, the game gets pretty hard. 
Blogs and post like that just make you look stupid. 

The combat in Final Fantasy XIII starts out extremely simple, but it really develops into a really engaging battle system after about 6 hours and then it just throws stuff at you left and right, and combat becomes more engaging and exciting that it is in most games. 

If you actually play the game for more than a couple of hours you might enjoy it.
#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@SteveVice said:
" @Zephyer:  After the 6 hour mark or so....not so much, the game gets pretty hard.  Blogs and post like that just make you look stupid.   The combat in Final Fantasy XIII starts out extremely simple, but it really develops into a really engaging battle system after about 6 hours and then it just throws stuff at you left and right, and combat becomes more engaging and exciting that it is in most games.   If you actually play the game for more than a couple of hours you might enjoy it. "
That.

Also. As opposed to all the 3d FF games where you just keep clicking "Attack" unless you're at a boss.
#12 Posted by Zephyer (5 posts) -
@SteveVice: 
 Sorry for the late reply :)
I've actually gotten to Chapter 11 in the game, and I'll admit that although I still find that the battlesystem isn't challenging at all, the story has been pretty good for the last few chapters. Better than most video games that we've seen lately anyway. I was a bit disappointed with the game at first, which was also partly the reason for this blog post. Just wanted to get that out there, I didn't mean to upset anyone :)
#13 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

Guess this doesn't apply to me since I have the 360 version.

#14 Posted by Zephyer (5 posts) -

Nope, it doesn't. Feel free to mash "X" all you want though :)

#15 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

it's either mash x to win or sometimes "try to guess the only way to get to win this boss battle"... 

Im at chapter 5, 10 hours in ... Still looking forward to a final fantasy type game... I heard you get it as bonus content  at level 11

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.