Quickest Way To MAX Upgrade Weapons + Accessories, Proven to Work

#1 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

1.  After fighting the Chapter 11 boss on the bridge, warp back to Grand Pulse and learn Death.  You unlock lv 9 for everyone...and only Vanila learns it in Jammer!
2.  Make your team Vanilla/Jammer/Enchanter 
3.  ASAP, cast her summon and nuke the turtle with Death. 

Post Battle 
1.  It drops 2 crystals.  One sells for 150,000 gil, the other is REQUIRED to make ultimate weapons and is much cheaper to sell.  ONLY SELL THE CRYSTAL THAT SELLS FOR 150,000 GIL! 
2.  Buy 99 Jelly (they cost 80 gil at organic). 
3.  Buy as many Super Conductors as you can. 
4.  Use 36 Jelly on item. 
5.  Use the REQUIRED NUMBER of Super Conductors (DO NOT GO OVER OR YOU WASTE ALL EXP). 
6.  You shouid have the item at Star level. 
7.  Evolve it. 
8.  Repeat Steps to get Ultimate Weapon.  (Make sure you saved the ultimate crystals to make the ultimate weapons). 

We found out about this pretty quick on the Japanese forums and it's tested to be the quickest way.  Make sure to do as many missions as you can! 
NOTE:  Make sure to equip Best Choice and Good Choice and do Mission 36 (nuke Death) to get the Growth Egg as it gives CPX2. 

EDIT:  From the Wiki it states: 

"-Go to the 生体素材けものや(Organic Materials Shop) and buy tons of 彩りゼリー (Colored Jelly). When you apply 36 of the jelly at once to a weapon, it gets a x3 experience bonus.
 -Go to the LENORAガレージ(Lenora's Garage) and buy as many as you can of the 完全導体 (Perfect Conductor). It's expensive, but gives 2577 EXP to a weapon with the x3 bonus and you can buy it in infinite amounts. You can also use any other powerful materials you may have."     

Also taken from the FF13 Import Site, From People Who Bought it Back in December >.>

#2 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

why did you make this topic if you replied this in the other topic? And using the japanese names for the jobs doesnt help most people now does it?

#3 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Rhaknar: What are you talking about?  Aren't the names the same?  
#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Rhaknar: What are you talking about?  Aren't the names the same?   "
if Vanilla/Jammer/Enchanter are jobs, then no they arent
#5 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@KaosAngel: No. Names are now: 
Commando 
Ravager 
Sentinal 
Synergist 
Saboteur 
Medic 

Also this thread is dumb we already have it.
#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Zenaxzd: Wow, they changed the names?!  Yeah, but I know how to max out all items.  :) 

Commando = Attacker 
Ravager = Blaster 
Sentinal = Defender 
Synergist = Enchanter 
Saboteur = Jammer 
Medic = Healer
#7 Posted by OmegaPirate (5518 posts) -

Ah - sweet ill keep that in mind ^_^

#8 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Yeah, don't waste your time learning how that item system works.  All you need to know is buy Jelly and then buy Ultra/Super Conductors...the rest is bullshit that we figured out.  This is hands down the quickest way and has yet to fail anyone...just keep fighting turtles until you get bored.  It's what stopped me from getting the platinum trophy...had to kill about 6 more turtles for the cash to max out my remaining weapons/accessories.  >.>
#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

Kaos proving hes still retarded more news at 11.

#10 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Yeah, it's why I get to work with voice actresses and voice actors at my job in Japan...and it's why CheapyD bought me lunch.  They love retarded people.  :)
#11 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Jeffsekai: Yeah, it's why I get to work with voice actresses and voice actors at my job in Japan...and it's why CheapyD bought me lunch.  They love retarded people.  :) "
nobody gives a shit about your job in japan or the people you meet, and yet you insist on trying to impress us... and stop saying "we discovered this in the japanese version", it makes you sound like a douche
#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Jeffsekai: Yeah, it's why I get to work with voice actresses and voice actors at my job in Japan...and it's why CheapyD bought me lunch.  They love retarded people.  :) "
Oh you mean all the GREAT voice talent coming out of Japan. oh....wait.
#13 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1910 posts) -

Do you just love the attention KaosAngel? You replied in the other thread. Someone lock this.

#14 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac: Hey, to my benefit, they keep replying.   :)
#15 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

What have you found to be the best base weapons for the ultimate/omega weapons?, because depending on which base weapon you use Gladius/blaster etc it changes the stats of the final weapon, I'm lead to believe

#16 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
You met CheapyD? lol.  +5 respect points.

Anyways, thanks for the tips.
#17 Posted by Fallen189 (4913 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

#18 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@eclipsesis: Use Lionheart and the ATB+ Return weapons.
#19 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -

It's better to use Sturdy Bones rather than jelly.
#20 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Shinri: It makes no difference...both give 3x.  It's already been tested.
#21 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Shinri: It makes no difference...both give 3x.  It's already been tested. "

I know, but one is cheaper, so there's no reason not to use bones.
#22 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Shinri: Yeah, my mistake on that.  I forgot Jelly are 80 gil, I haven't touched the game since Jan and forgot there were 80 gil items too.  My bad.
#23 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @KaosAngel said:
Oh you mean all the GREAT voice talent coming out of Japan. oh....wait. "
Stop encouraging him.  Seriously, he has never even been to Japan.  I doubt he even knows where it is on a map.  And now his imaginary friends are buying him food.  Is there a way to keep him from making more and more topics about FFX3 that just piss off everyone?
#24 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

This Kaos thread looked slightly  better than the others initially, but quickly devolved into my  slamming my face into my keyboard repeatedly.  

#25 Posted by Lambert (404 posts) -

Nice. I might use this to get through this shitty game.

#26 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Kombat said:
" This Kaos thread looked slightly  better than the others initially, but quickly devolved into my  slamming my face into my keyboard repeatedly.   "
I was wondering why the guy who HATES the game is making this thread... 

@TheHBK said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @KaosAngel said:
Stop encouraging him.  Seriously, he has never even been to Japan.  I doubt he even knows where it is on a map.  And now his imaginary friends are buying him food.  Is there a way to keep him from making more and more topics about FFX3 that just piss off everyone? "
Forum restraining order? Do not come within 20 feet of a FF thread?  

But back to serious. Kaos. Anything you post is gonna be taken at less then face value with any person who has seen your threads. 

Also. Next time when you post about a game and something big in it. Put SPOILERS in the title. 
#27 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Nice. The only problem is I just started chapter 12. I suppose i'll have to wait a bit before doing this.

#28 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -
@KaosAngel: I hate to thank you Kaos, but thanks for this info.
#29 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

I don't care who's right or wrong here, I'm just glad that I'm seeing these tips here, and hopefully they will work for me!

Hope to max everything out sometime.

#30 Edited by Kombat (2205 posts) -
@TheHBK said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

" @KaosAngel said:

Stop encouraging him.  Seriously, he has never even been to Japan.  I doubt he even knows where it is on a map.  And now his imaginary friends are buying him food.  Is there a way to keep him from making more and more topics about FFX3 that just piss off everyone? "
I don't support Kaos, but I don't support misinformation either.  He's definitely been to Japan, and lived there for at least a time.  If I remember right, he posted some pictures of himself holding up signs with "Giant Bomb" scrawled on it during the Dragon Quest IX launch.
#31 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -

I'm so glad I spent the time putting together a thread just to have it mostly copy and pasted to a new thread -.- 
Worth noting that there are several other items you can use instead of a superconductor which are also more efficient, so make sure to actually consult a list and see what would be the most efficient before you commit to buying a bunch of super condudctors.  For instance, if you need 80k more XP on an item, buy two ultracompact reactors instead and save yourself a lot.   The supercharger and particle accelerator will both save you money over superconductors, and the ultracompact is almost twice as efficient as any other item (though very expensive for just 1).  

Also, even in the Japanese version, there are several 'ゼリー' (jellies).  The Colored Jelly (in English, the Vibrant Ooze) are what you're looking for.   
Just clarifying, since if this is going to be the default thread for it, the information may as well be accurate and actually translated for the version people are most likely playing here, since the names may be lost on people otherwise.

#32 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Addfwyn said:
" Just clarifying, since if this is going to be the default thread for it "
Please, no... :(
#33 Posted by ReaperOfLiving (491 posts) -

Is there a better guide/thread for this info?  People keep on pointing out better items then the ones he put on here? 

#34 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -
@Kombat: hhaaahahhahahahahahaahahahaahahaha
#35 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -
@ReaperOfLiving: I have a thread on this a few posts down, if that helps.  
#36 Edited by Azteris (810 posts) -

So I just defeated the Boss at the Bridge, and I don't feel like I'm particularly underleved, but Death doesn't seem to hit anywhere near reliably, which is okay for the weaker turtles, but the stronger ones it's really annoying. 

Tips?

#37 Posted by Addfwyn (1914 posts) -
@Azteris: Well, you shouldn't really need to be grinding turtles before the end of the game at all (and you can go back with a clear game save afterwards).  I consider the death/summon on the turtles to be an exploit, so I won't use it, so can't offer much advice for it.  The best way to start killing the turtles in post-game is to do the 10,000 step quest from Vanille's robot which will get you 3 ingots (450k gil).  That should be enough to upgrade your equipment a pretty healthy amount.  Then you can start CP grinding (with the Growth Egg) and then start farming the turtles.  It's not as easy to grind CP in the US release (they fixed an exploit with the ochus) but you can still gross just under a million CP an hour.   

When you get strong enough, you can drop the turtles in a few minutes without having to use the exploit.  I wouldn't worry too much about killing them unless you're already in the post-game though, there's really no need to have ultimate stuff for the normal game.
#38 Posted by TheHBK (5407 posts) -
@Kombat: you know that he has posted pictures like this before?... claiming to be in the pic... but when he does for some reason it is a different guy.  Here is a little ugly japanese guy, other times it s a white guy with glasses, or an indian guy.  Whether he is holing up a game, sign, taking pictures next to some japanese booth babe, he seems to like to take credit for other people's experiences.
#39 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" @Kombat: you know that he has posted pictures like this before?... claiming to be in the pic... but when he does for some reason it is a different guy.  Here is a little ugly japanese guy, other times it s a white guy with glasses, or an indian guy.  Whether he is holing up a game, sign, taking pictures next to some japanese booth babe, he seems to like to take credit for other people's experiences. "
I'd appreciate if you took your e-drama out of a thread some of us are actually trying to use. 

Thanks, bro.
#40 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

by turtles are you guys refering to adamanchields?

#41 Posted by drac96 (654 posts) -
@jadeskye said:
" by turtles are you guys refering to adamanchields? "
They are referring to the adamantoise, and adamantortise. They're just the bigger versions of the adamanchields.
#42 Posted by mark808 (11 posts) -

death sucks on those turtles....i fought it like 10 times and still didnt kill them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.