Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Saboteurs/synergists, late game question.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ulong

I'm about 20 hours into the game, and it's just recently started letting me pick whoever I want to be in my party.
    Right now: Hope and Sazh both have completly different buffs in there synergist tree, and vanille is miles better as a saboteur than fang.

As the game progresses into the late game, are people going to start to learn every skill, or will I allways need hope for defensive buffs and allways need sazh for offensive buffs?
    Will Vanille allways be a much better sabateur?

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By eirikr
    @Ulong:
    Sazh eventually learns Protect and Shell, and I think Fang will also learn what Vanille has in Saboteur -- mainly the important ones like Deprotect and Deshell.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Addfwyn

Not every character can learn every skill, but there is a lot of overlap (and most every skill is learned by at least 2 different characters).  The only exception I can think of is Vanille is the only character that learns Death, amusingly enough.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Addfwyn said:
    " Not every character can learn every skill, but there is a lot of overlap (and most every skill is learned by at least 2 different characters).  The only exception I can think of is Vanille is the only character that learns Death, amusingly enough. "
    Not true!  Once you beat the game and unlock full levels, everyone can learn the same skills execpt their single limit breaks.  Everyone has the same skills for Jammer except Death, same goes for Blaster, Attacker, Defender, Enchatner, and Healer....everyone has the same skills just learns them at different times.
    Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Addfwyn
    @KaosAngel:  
    Well yes, but I meant prior to the post-game stuff, since that almost doesn't count (since well, the game is technically over already :P)
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Addfwyn: True that!  End game content is just the same 20 hour grind for insane CP requirements and the same mobs just different colours.  >.>
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ricetopher

In chapter 11, and while I'm beginning to see some overlap, still no sign of Haste for Hope, so Sazh is still the choice synergist for me. Haven't used Saboteurs enough to compare contrast Vanille and Fang's abilities 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ricetopher: Hope gets Haste at lv 9 or 8, I forget.  It's one of his later skills.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ricetopher
    @KaosAngel: Ah, I did kind of suspect it would show up even later. Thanks for the info.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ricetopher: About Vanille, fight the final boss in Chapter 11 (it'll be on the bridge), and you unlock lv 9 board.  GET VANILLE'S JAMMER CLASS TO LEARN DEATH.

Now warp back to Grand Pulse, and fight the giant turtles with horns MAKE SURE THEY HAVE HORNS.

Make Vanille the Leader and make Fang and Sazh or Hope the other members.

It should be JAMMER (leader), JAMMER (secondary), and ENCHANTER (secondary).  DO NOT OPTIMAL CHANGE DURING BATTLE

SUMMON ASAP!  SUMMON ASAP!  SUMMON ASAP!  This casues the turtle to drop on it's knees so get Vanille to constantly cast Death!  Once the summon goes away, keep casting death and let the other two cast haste and debuffs.

You should kill it and score 40,000 CP with the items that sell for 150,000 Gil or the item needed to make Ultimate Weapons.

EDIT:  The same trick can be done on ALMOST ALL Mission Hunts until Mission 40ish and the "Undead Ultimate"  (you fight him often and know when it's him).  If I remember correctly, Mission 36 Reward is a CPX2 Accessory...so if you kill a turtle, you get 80,000 CP (which surpringly doesn't cover 1/10 of what you need in lv 10 grid. 

EDIT 2:  Make sure you always have Best Choice and Good Choice equiped to one character or spread it between two.  You need them for the loot or else the chance for items are rarer than Shadow Complex coming out for PC.  

EDIT 3:  Also make sure you have Lucky Breaker equiped to your best Attacker/Blaster character as it can give instant Break Status at 0%-MAX percent.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ricetopher
    @KaosAngel: I'll look into that when the time comes, thanks. Though at this point I've kinda been getting by on my own without little use of guides and would like to continue as such until necessary.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ricetopher: Ah, this is just advice for the insane grind that comes up in post game.  It's what everyone does.  :P
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ricetopher
    @KaosAngel: Makes sense I suppose. Not sure if I'll get to the post game with GOW3 and Dragon Age Awakening out next week,  plus I'm not entirely dead set on getting the platinum

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.