SE news: FFXIII demo in FFVIIIACC and XIIIVS exclusive

#1 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Some of you might of already been reading up on the news from Square's special day (erm weekend) that's going on, for those who havn't here's some news regarding the PS3.

Square announce that the much anticipated "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children" Blu-ray will be making it's round to North American this Spring and with it a demo for Final Fantasy XIII as well as some trailers for FFXIII VS and Agito. Link.

Square also confirmed that FFXIII Versus will remain exclusive (unlike FFXIII) and even showed off some footage. Link.

Lastly, Square says FFXIII will be hitting Japan in 2009. Then they'll be working on localising (english VO, etc) the NA PS3 version and porting the 360 version for a release date after Japan's. Link.

caption

#2 Posted by Guiltyspark (554 posts) -

the FF13 demo is for japan only

#3 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

So still another half-year before we get it huh...sheesh.

#4 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

Sweet, Versus was the more interesting to me anyways.

#5 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"the FF13 demo is for japan only
"
Umm, no. I'm decently sure thats the date for the english version and will be released for NA audiences.
#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

You can always get it from the Japanese store!

#7 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Mmm, yes but having menus and stuff in english is so much better... when you dun know Japanese.

#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

Meh, you just want to pwn some magical robotic RPG villain type things right? Maybe ride a Chocobo here and there.

#9 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

Sure, just give w/e it is they offer a try.

#10 Posted by thelastguy (356 posts) -

Good news.

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

I wonder if there is Chocobo racing...

#12 Edited by hush404 (742 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"I wonder if there is Chocobo racing...
"
Nah, square would prob want to keep it out so they can sell it as an addon or even its own game in the future. :P
#13 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Guiltyspark said:
"the FF13 demo is for japan only "

No, it comes with the FF Advent movie on BD, its PS3 exclusive though, if thats what you meant.
#14 Posted by Mourne (789 posts) -

I'm still pretty "meh" over Versus--just doesn't look appealing to me.

#15 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Mourne said:
"I'm still pretty "meh" over Versus--just doesn't look appealing to me.
"

Seriously? Lokos hella better then FF13... Versus is also more of an influence from KH, which I love. Plus its more dark and has a cooler character IMO.
#16 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Mourne said:
"I'm still pretty "meh" over Versus--just doesn't look appealing to me.
"

Seriously? Lokos hella better then FF13... Versus is also more of an influence from KH, which I love. Plus its more dark and has a cooler character IMO.
"
Those are pretty much my thoughts. See with FFXIII I know what to expect, Versus is just something fresh and looks rather exciting to me. I'm more excited for Versus tho I am excited for both.
#17 Posted by DrPepper1990 (530 posts) -

Honestly I have never played a final fantasy game so none of them have ever appealed to me and never will appeal to me.

#18 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

Like i said before, likely will see exclusivity disapear like a fart in the wind if 13 sells over a million or so. And im not really into advent children the movie sucked badly in my opinion, it was just a poster child for square to say look what we can do.

#19 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Like i said before, likely will see exclusivity disapear like a fart in the wind if 13 sells over a million or so. And im not really into advent children the movie sucked badly in my opinion, it was just a poster child for square to say look what we can do.
"
Whelp, everyone's got their opinion.
#20 Posted by MaceWisdom (57 posts) -

I thought it was great news. We got some more PSP exclusives, FFXIII Versus Exclusive, FF:ACC release date with a FF13 demo with new Versus and Agito Trailers. That's all great to me. Parasite Eve and Agito are welcome additions to the PSP arsenal.

#21 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
MaceWisdom said:
"I thought it was great news. We got some more PSP exclusives, FFXIII Versus Exclusive, FF:ACC release date with a FF13 demo with new Versus and Agito Trailers. That's all great to me. Parasite Eve and Agito are welcome additions to the PSP arsenal.
"
Yeah, I thought it was all very good info but... at the same time I'm still wondering where this "Massive exciting news" that they promised us is. If it was the whole show with the above news.... I'm thinking they should of chosen their words differently. So many people expecting something HUGE.
#22 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Well that HUGE news was the demo in March 09.. :S

#23 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Well that HUGE news was the demo in March 09.. :S
"
Really? THAT was the "HUGE" info...? lol. I remember being on different forums where they were freaking out about remakes and such. Question, was that "FFVII coming to PSN" (the original as a downloadable PS1 title) true or just some pipe dream made up by ambitious fans waiting for the "Huge announcement".... I can't recall!
#24 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I guess, I don't know; its what they said. Supposedly (rumors) is that tomorrow, or at TGS, KH3 will be shown.

If that happens, I will shit my pants continuously for 5 minutes.

#25 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

I guess, I don't know; its what they said. Supposedly (rumors) is that tomorrow, or at TGS, KH3 will be shown.

If that happens, I will shit my pants continuously for 5 minutes.

#26 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

So will the demo ever make it to PSN? It better, because I don't feel like watching Advent Children again. I've had my fill.

#27 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
FuzzYLemoN said:
"So will the demo ever make it to PSN? It better, because I don't feel like watching Advent Children again. I've had my fill.
"
Probably not, SE made itself clear how there would be no public demo, in the past. And you don't have to watch it all over again, just buy it, lmao.
#28 Posted by SPD_WeBmAsTaH (3 posts) -

Well they still haven't announced their "SHOCKING announcement about FFVII" so I wonder what it is. I haven't gotten FFVIIAC on Blu-Ray yet so I hope the Complete comes to NA, specifically Canada so I can get it. I have it on the PSP, UMD but that's not enough. I want the big version on Blu-Ray with extras, now that'll be sick. I just wonder, if they'll bring the demo over here to NA and make us proud.

#29 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
Sentry said:
"I guess, I don't know; its what they said. Supposedly (rumors) is that tomorrow, or at TGS, KH3 will be shown."

that would make my year 100x better.
#30 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

The said the demo in march 09 was the shocking announcement..

#31 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

I'm pretty disappointed with the news. I mean the shocking announcement to me was pretty much a big FUCK YOU CLEAN from Square Enix. I want my damn FF7 REMAKE

#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -
hush404 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I wonder if there is Chocobo racing...
"
Nah, square would prob want to keep it out so they can sell it as an addon or even its own game in the future. :P
"
I'd buy it =P
#33 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -

One more reason to get Advent Children.  Plus with the whole "including the trailers of the FF games" with the bluray maybe they can stop showing FFVXIII behind close doors! .....hopefully

#34 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"hush404 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I wonder if there is Chocobo racing...
"
Nah, square would prob want to keep it out so they can sell it as an addon or even its own game in the future. :P
"
I'd buy it =P
"
lol, loads would, thats the point. Square knows it too.

BTW its early morn after the event is over... and I didn't hear any "OMG SHOCKING NEWS". Some generally good and kewl news (besides the whole delaying the PS3 ver of FFXIII so the 360 port can be done) but nothing that even comes close to what they were claiming to unveil.
#35 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
hush404 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"hush404 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I wonder if there is Chocobo racing...
"
Nah, square would prob want to keep it out so they can sell it as an addon or even its own game in the future. :P
"
I'd buy it =P
"
lol, loads would, thats the point. Square knows it too.

BTW its early morn after the event is over... and I didn't hear any "OMG SHOCKING NEWS". Some generally good and kewl news (besides the whole delaying the PS3 ver of FFXIII so the 360 port can be done) but nothing that even comes close to what they were claiming to unveil.
"

How many times must I tell you, the demo in March WAS the shocking news...
#36 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

Big shock. Although, I don't like that it's right on the FVII:AC disc. It would be better if it was packaged separately.

#37 Edited by Mourne (789 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Seriously? Lokos hella better then FF13... Versus is also more of an influence from KH, which I love. Plus its more dark and has a cooler character IMO."
That's likely where my lack of enthusiasm stems from. I feel really out of touch with Kingdom Hearts anymore, especially after the second one. It seems to be catering far more to teenage anime enthusiasts than those in search of a stable and translatable story (like that of the superb, original Kingdom Hearts). I enjoy a fair share of anime, but too much of modern anime simply doesn't work for me--most anime these days tend to focus on guys who almost look like girls with gravity-defying sword fights.

To each their own, but what Versus XIII is showing me is not what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's what some people are looking for, just not me--and that's OK.
#38 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -
Mourne said:
"Sentry said:
"Seriously? Lokos hella better then FF13... Versus is also more of an influence from KH, which I love. Plus its more dark and has a cooler character IMO."
That's likely where my lack of enthusiasm stems from. I feel really out of touch with Kingdom Hearts anymore, especially after the second one. It seems to be catering far more to teenage anime enthusiasts instead of those in search of a stable and translatable story (like that of the superb, original Kingdom Hearts). I enjoy a fair share of anime, but too much of modern anime simply doesn't work for me--most anime these days tend to focus on guys who almost look like girls with gravity-defying sword fights.

To each their own, but what Versus XIII is showing me is not what I'm looking for. I'm sure it's what some people are looking for, just not me--and that's OK.
"
I think he meant that it resemble KH from a gameplay perspective.
#39 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Big shock. Although, I don't like that it's right on the FVII:AC disc. It would be better if it was packaged separately.
"
It could be a separate disc? Who knows...

What would be hella funny is you only unlock the demo after you have watched the entire movie, no fast forwarding or anything, lmao.
#40 Posted by LiquidPrince (15908 posts) -

It better be. It'd be funny if you got a trophy for doing that!

#41 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Big shock. Although, I don't like that it's right on the FVII:AC disc. It would be better if it was packaged separately.
"
What's so bad about it being on one disk???
#42 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

LMFAO!!!!!!!! Oh so true. Better yet a Platinum Trophy.

Yeah baby.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.