Should you use a FAQ while playing this game?

#1 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

I've always hated playing through FF games without a FAQ because of the sheer amount of cool stuff you miss out on if you aren't specifically looking out for them. Is 13 similar to games like 9/10 with the amount of optional sidequests/weapons/items that are easy to miss? I know the game is pretty linear for a long time, but should I start using a FAQ once the game opens up later on?

#2 Posted by dpedal1 (191 posts) -

Keep with your tradition.  If there is one FF in which you don't need a FAQ, 13 is indeed the one.

#3 Posted by SashaNYI (30 posts) -

I have the strategy guide but early on it's alot of Point A to Point B stuff. If anything, you might want it for later on (so I'm told). I really like the guide - it's a nice hardcover book with lots of nice art from the game.
#4 Posted by HAL9000 (70 posts) -

I had the strategy guide and loved it, I'm unfortunately horrendous with RPG's without one.

#5 Posted by MiniPato (2721 posts) -

I only used a FAQ after beat the game so I could find out what missions unlock the fucking chocobos!

#6 Posted by lordgodalming (164 posts) -

You could very easily beat the game without a FAQ, but if you're into Trophies/Achievements, you'll definitely need help for the last couple. Here I'm thinking of the Weapons/Accessories trophy. Wow.

#7 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

Do the game without one, go back afterwards with a FAQ if you want some of the non-essential stuff.
#8 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4632 posts) -

Nah, there's no need for an FAQ. Just be sure to pick up everything, which isn't hard at all.

#9 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

i am just interested in the 8-16 hours of mediocre game play before the game actually gets good. Oh wait! I want the androgyny too! 

#10 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

you wont need one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.