Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

So now the 360 version looks better?

• 111 results
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

http://www.n4g.com/News-474827.aspx      

Apparently, according to gamespot, the 360 version has a Crisper in game image, while the PS3 version has better cinematics. This is a complete flip to what sites like IGn have said, where they said the 360 version is noticeably less crisp. I dont know who to believe, I guess I have to wait for comparisons.
    DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By DAFTPUNK

i think it is rubbish we have to wait and see when the game comes out:)

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Skytylz

not getting it any ways so i don't care, i like rpg's but jrpg's are falling behind the times.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Shadow

I'll eat my own foot if the PS3 version is worse than the 360 one.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    http://www.n4g.com/News-474827.aspx       Apparently, according to gamespot, the 360 version has a Crisper in game image, while the PS3 version has better cinematics. This is a complete flip to what sites like IGn have said, where they said the 360 version is noticeably less crisp. I dont know who to believe, I guess I have to wait for comparisons. "
    I do not buy it. Since the 360 is the port. Plus having more then one disk.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Raven_Sword said:
    "
    http://www.n4g.com/News-474827.aspx       Apparently, according to gamespot, the 360 version has a Crisper in game image, while the PS3 version has better cinematics. This is a complete flip to what sites like IGn have said, where they said the 360 version is noticeably less crisp. I dont know who to believe, I guess I have to wait for comparisons. "
    I do not buy it. Since the 360 is the port. Plus having more then one disk. "
    having more then one disc means any thing? when it comes to how the game  produces the image? as for that its more then a port since square said they had to make a new graphics engine for the 360 version.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hamz

Unless the visual differences between both versions are so major that one version feels inferior to the other, like Bayonetta for example, then I fail to see why it is worth bringing up. The average player is not going to sit there counting pixels and examining either version so closely or in depth.

Saying the in game footage on the 360 is clearer while the cutscenes are clearer on the PS3 just feels like a sad attempt at poking the fanboys into action more than relaying much needed information and coverage of the game that is factually correct and relevant.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ravensword

yeah, I dont buy it either personally. gonna have to wait till it comes out I guess.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " yeah, I dont buy it either personally. gonna have to wait till it comes out I guess. "
    I read that square assures people that the only difference is minor compression for cinematic and the disk number.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

This really doesn't matter.  I had every intention of buying FFXIII on the PS3 after it was announced and my plans never shifted due to the existence of a 360 version.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust
    @Shadow said:

" I'll eat my own foot if the PS3 version is worse than the 360 one. "

Cannibalism... interesting. Picture or it won't happen.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Does it really matter which one looks better if the difference is obviously minor?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Nekroskop

We all know this game will be bad, so why does it matter?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

This is why I don't want this coming out in NA, you got the idiots who just compare graphics between the two consoles...when the real issue is Square Enix making this shitty game.

So fuck the idiots who care more about TEH 360 HAS GRAPHICS AND POS3 HAS CGI, and open your fucking eyes that Square Enix is just doing it to make this shitty game passable.  

FIGHT TO MAKE SURE VERSUS XIII DOESN'T GET THE SAME SHIT-TREATMENT THAT FF13 GOT!

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Lautaro

Every topic about Final Fantasy someone jumps in to proclaim that either: 
     a) Final Fantasy is a piece of shit. 
    b) Or that JRPGs are a piece of shit that are falling behind the times.

I swear to god every topic that I have read about JRPGS or Final Fantasy contain this.

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TerraDelu

Points dudes. I'll be playing this on my 360 for points. I am a simple man.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By KingBroly

IGN had a side-by-side look at Square's bus event.  Gamespot had to remember what the PS3 version looked like at a Microsoft event.  Clearly there is a difference here, and clearly one side's argument is more justified.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KaosAngel

WHO THE FUCK CARES?!  THE GAME SUCKS AND IS WORSE THAN FINAL FANTASY IX AND FINAL FANTASY X-2 AND THE BOUNCER!

People should be complaining and protesting to Square about them not fucking up Numura's dream with Versus XIII, the REAL version of Final Fantasy XIII.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

They will barely look different from one another, its pointless bringing this up. Honestly the people that hold things side by side and go "WOW THAT TEXTURE LOOKS A BIT SHARPER IN THIS VERSION, OTHER IS INFERIOR!" are just dumb. Its rarely ever a significant difference. Bayonetta for instance, is a big difference. Most games unless you pick it apart you won't be able to tell the difference.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nekroskop
    @KaosAngel said:
    "WHO THE FUCK CARES?!  THE GAME SUCKS AND IS WORSE THAN FINAL FANTASY IX AND FINAL FANTASY X-2 AND THE BOUNCER!  People should be complaining and protesting to Square about them not fucking up Numura's dream with Versus XIII, the REAL version of Final Fantasy XIII. "

I agree, man. FF-games have been terrible since FF-X. I heard that Nomura is putting someone else in charge of the Final Fantasy games' direction. Can't remember his name though
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KaosAngel
    @ahaisthisourchance said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    "WHO THE FUCK CARES?!  THE GAME SUCKS AND IS WORSE THAN FINAL FANTASY IX AND FINAL FANTASY X-2 AND THE BOUNCER!  People should be complaining and protesting to Square about them not fucking up Numura's dream with Versus XIII, the REAL version of Final Fantasy XIII. "
    I agree, man. FF-games have been terrible since FF-X. I heard that Nomura is putting someone else in charge of the Final Fantasy games' direction. Can't remember his name though "
    If fucking Square takes away Numura's dream game with Versus XIII and makes it similar to this shit in FF13, I will freak out.  Numura said so himself that the true version and most important version is going to be Versus XIII.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hamz

Just bask in the memory that Final Fantasy VII is and always will be the best Final Fantasy game ever made. Until they remake it, in higher definition graphics and 3D holographic projection by 2020.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hosstile17

I will decide which version I buy, if any, when I walk into a store on March 9th and slap down money. Something tells me that I may get the 360 version because I have a sweet Turtle Beach headset now and the 360 version has points. 

The PS3 version is tempting because my PS3 is basically being ignored except for MAG, which is quite good.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MikkaQ

Well the differences are so minor that it doesn't matter at all really. If I wanted to play, I'd pick achievements over slightly better compressed cutscenes, but really the difference is quite negligible. 

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

I'm getting both versions. ^__^

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel
    @PopeAnonymousVII said:
    " I'm getting both versions. ^__^ "
    WHY?!  You'll just tell Square you want more games like the shit in FF13 and they'll make Nomura change Versus XIII to be more like FF13! 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel: I seem to remember you ranting and raving about how we had to import this fantabulous wonder of a game and play it immediately even though we didn't know how to speak box. "Use a guide!" you said, going on about how that wouldn't diminish the experience one bit for which I said thee nay.
    Something truly traumatic must've happened for this change in tone.

Oh yeah, the wonder and amazement that FF7 gave us back in the day is but a glimmer of nostalgia. You can't go back.
    They'd have to majorly update FF7 to make it tolerable today. FF6 still holds up well and is IMO the best Final Fantasy of them all.
    Then again, I fell off the boat when it came to JRPGs with FF8 so I'm not the best person to wax philosophical about this. 
    Between Xenogears and Persona 4, no JRPG grabbed me. tried everything from Grandia to Lost Odyssey.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KaosAngel
    @TeflonBilly said:
    " @KaosAngel: I seem to remember you ranting and raving about how we had to import this fantabulous wonder of a game and play it immediately even though we didn't know how to speak box. "Use a guide!" you said, going on about how that wouldn't diminish the experience one bit for which I said thee nay. Something truly traumatic must've happened for this change in tone. Oh yeah, the wonder and amazement that FF7 gave us back in the day is but a glimmer of nostalgia. You can't go back. They'd have to majorly update FF7 to make it tolerable today. FF6 still holds up well and is IMO the best Final Fantasy of them all. Then again, I fell off the boat when it came to JRPGs with FF8 so I'm not the best person to wax philosophical about this.  Between Xenogears and Persona 4, no JRPG grabbed me. tried everything from Grandia to Lost Odyssey. "
    Read my review and the disapointment thread.  This game gave me mixed feelings.  >.>  

I'm waiting for Versus XIII to redeem this Nova Crystalis series.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Raven_Sword said:

"
    I do not buy it. Since the 360 is the port. Plus having more then one disk. "
    It's not too hard to comprehend really.  The 360 has more VRAM and free FSAA so, as with all multiplatform games, its textures will be higher resolution, the target resolution higher or both at the same time than the PS3 version.  The PS3 has BluRay so the cutscenes which are prerendered will be much higher rate encodes than those stored on two DVD9 DVDs in the 360 rendition.
    Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Th3_James

It's nice that i have both consoles, and couldn't give a fuck about any FF game

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By roofy
    @Shadow said:
    " I'll eat my own foot if the PS3 version is worse than the 360 one. "
    kevin van ord flashback
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I'm getting the PS3 version over the 360 just because I don't want to switch out disc. I'm lazy like that. :)

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By L33tfella_H
    @Hamz said:
    " Just bask in the memory that Final Fantasy VI is and always will be the best Final Fantasy game ever made. Until they remake it, in higher definition graphics and 3D holographic projection by 2020. "
    Damn Right!
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ravensword
    @SeriouslyNow:

than why dosent every single Multipaltform game this gen automaticaly look better on 360. they dont ALL look better on it.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ravensword
    @The_Laughing_Man:

Developers say shit like that all the time "theyll be no Difference" "theyll look exactly the same" blah blah. Hell, 2K said both versions of bioshock 2 are like for like adn indistinguishable, but comparisons dictate otherwise. You cant believe what companys tell you all the time.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Raven_Sword: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By PufferFiz
    @KaosAngel said:
    " This is why I don't want this coming out in NA, you got the idiots who just compare graphics between the two consoles...when the real issue is Square Enix making this shitty game.  So fuck the idiots who care more about TEH 360 HAS GRAPHICS AND POS3 HAS CGI, and open your fucking eyes that Square Enix is just doing it to make this shitty game passable.    FIGHT TO MAKE SURE VERSUS XIII DOESN'T GET THE SAME SHIT-TREATMENT THAT FF13 GOT! "
    Speaker of the truth.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Coombs

*Sigh*
    Really?
    The differences are going to be so minor playing both games individually you would barely notice, Even if you were looking for them. You may be able to tell if you set 2 TVs side by side one on each system playing at the same time, You might catch something that way.
    But really, Who gives a fuck.  Are these minor differences really that much of a selling point for you?
    Shouldn't the gameplay be the selling point, And the graphics just be enjoyable icing on top?

Oh well, I'll just leave you with this.

Damn Teenagers Nowadays
     Damn Teenagers Nowadays

Edit:

@Hamz

said:

" Just bask in the memory that Final Fantasy VII is and always will be the best Final Fantasy game ever made. Until they remake it, in higher definition graphics and 3D holographic projection by 2020. "

FFVI remade would be 100x better.
    I have been wishing for an (almost) exact port with updated graphics of this game since the PS1 came out.
    It's not going to happen but a man can dream....
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @KaosAngel said: 
    " WHO THE FUCK CARES?!  THE GAME SUCKS AND IS WORSE THAN FINAL FANTASY IX AND FINAL FANTASY X-2 AND THE BOUNCER!   
       @KaosAngel  said: 
    "     FIGHT TO MAKE SURE VERSUS XIII DOESN'T GET THE SAME SHIT-TREATMENT THAT FF13 GOT! "
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    If fucking Square takes away Numura's dream game with Versus XIII and makes it similar to this shit in FF13, I will freak out.  Numura said so himself that the true version and most important version is going to be Versus XIII. "
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    Read my review and the disapointment thread.  This game gave me mixed feelings.  >.>    I'm waiting for Versus XIII to redeem this Nova Crystalis series. "
    HOLY SHIT! Dude we get it! You hate 13, but love Versus. You can stop posting the same thing over and over again.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vidiot
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @KaosAngel said: 
    " WHO THE FUCK CARES?!  THE GAME SUCKS AND IS WORSE THAN FINAL FANTASY IX AND FINAL FANTASY X-2 AND THE BOUNCER!   
       @KaosAngel  said: 
    "     FIGHT TO MAKE SURE VERSUS XIII DOESN'T GET THE SAME SHIT-TREATMENT THAT FF13 GOT! "
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    If fucking Square takes away Numura's dream game with Versus XIII and makes it similar to this shit in FF13, I will freak out.  Numura said so himself that the true version and most important version is going to be Versus XIII. "
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    Read my review and the disapointment thread.  This game gave me mixed feelings.  >.>    I'm waiting for Versus XIII to redeem this Nova Crystalis series. "
    HOLY SHIT! Dude we get it! You hate 13, but love Versus. You can stop posting the same thing over and over again. "
    I second this statement.
    bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bubahula
    @vidiot said:
    " @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @KaosAngel said: 
       @KaosAngel  said: 
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    @KaosAngel said:
    "
    HOLY SHIT! Dude we get it! You hate 13, but love Versus. You can stop posting the same thing over and over again. "
    I second this statement. "
    and i third. although those posts did make me chuckle a bit.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " @SeriouslyNow: than why dosent every single Multipaltform game this gen automaticaly look better on 360. they dont ALL look better on it. "
    The majority do.  That majority is due to the XBOX 360 having more VRAM.  More VRAM means either higher target res, more detailed texture or both.  Those that don't look better on 360 either have been tweaked on the PS3 to make better use of the Cell's number crunching capabilities or don't hit the PS3's lower VRAM ceiling.  There's no magic going on here, it's just maths.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By korwin
    @SeriouslyNow:  Technically the 360 doesnt have any VRAM at all.. well apart from that 10meg (i think it's 10) fast memory thing thats on die (don't even remember the name at this point).  The whole system has a 512meg shared memory pool which both the GPU and CPU run off.  PS3 splits that same amount of memory down the middle with 256 megs of Video memory for the GPU and 256 megs System memory for the CPU.  Both have their pitfalls.
    Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @PopeAnonymousVII said:
    WHY?!  You'll just tell Square you want more games like the shit in FF13 and they'll make Nomura change Versus XIII to be more like FF13!  "
    Because I think the game will be really awesome?  I may end up like you, I may not.  Different folks have different strokes.  So please, stop projecting your disappointment as some kind of universal truth.  We get it, seriously.  You don't like FF13.  Chill.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#47  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @PopeAnonymousVII said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @PopeAnonymousVII said:
    WHY?!  You'll just tell Square you want more games like the shit in FF13 and they'll make Nomura change Versus XIII to be more like FF13!  "
    Because I think the game will be really awesome?  I may end up like you, I may not.  Different folks have different strokes.  So please, stop projecting your disappointment as some kind of universal truth.  We get it, seriously.  You don't like FF13.  Chill. "
    I'll probably end up getting both as well. The bundle was enough to tide me into getting a 360 again.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Korwin said:
    " @SeriouslyNow:  Technically the 360 doesnt have any VRAM at all.. well apart from that 10meg (i think it's 10) fast memory thing thats on die (don't even remember the name at this point).  The whole system has a 512meg shared memory pool which both the GPU and CPU run off.  PS3 splits that same amount of memory down the middle with 256 megs of Video memory for the GPU and 256 megs System memory for the CPU.  Both have their pitfalls. "
    If you're going to be a dick about then fine; the XBOX 360's UMA is ALL VRAM or ALL system RAM.  The 10MB Framebuffer is a framebuffer and is an adjunct the UMA cache.  Therefore the 360 HAS MORE RAM.  In PC's a framebuffer is an apportion of VRAM which is designated for solely holding the prerended frames prior to piping them out to the display output, yet in the 360 it's totally apart from the rest of the UMA, it's also faster.  The PS3's split RAM design means that it's much harder (read : system intensive) to transfer data between the system's XDR and GDDR3 RAM caches so almost every multiplatform game ends up only utiliising 256MB of GDDR3 RAM for poly/texture/shader/framebuffer duties.  I'm not a fanboy, I'm well aware that each system has differences and all I said back in my first post was that Square likely played to each system's specific strengths, not that the 360 is god's gift to Uranus.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By korwin
    @SeriouslyNow: Jesus calm down.  I wasn't trying to be a dick, just pointing out that the 360 doesnt have a dedicated video memory source.  And you are quite right about the complicated nature of cross platforming a title when you have tighter memory contraints on a single system, hence why you see titles ported from the 360 version to the PS3 often comming out with lower resolution textures and lower native resolution.  It's much easier to do that then massage your code to split evenly and effectively across 2 memory pools.

Sometimes I don't think my overall attitude towards things comes across well in text, for that I appologize.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Korwin: 
     Sorry, I just get frustrated when people seemingly jump down my throat screaming 'fanboy' when I just state the facts.  I shouldn't have taken that context from what you said.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.