Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

So what do you think of FFXIII

• 58 results
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#51  Edited By Jeust
    @suneku said:

" RVonE said:

"Psytek said:
    "Why does everyone rag on XII, I liked XII...
    "
    XII was alright, but to me it pales in comparison to the older Final Fantasies. Anyway, I would like to see some gameplay footage of XIII.
    "
    agreed, I just wasn't drawn into it as much as the previous games... but it wasn't completely terrible. "
    Though the characters weren't as strong as in other entries in the saga, the gameplay was the best in a final fantasy game for me. 

I loved the battles in FF12, since i'm a bit tired of the repetitive turn-based combat. 

About the game itself, nice but no dice.  

I won't buy it as it doesn't seem anything special.
    Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Alexander

Blimpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Blimpy
    @suneku said:
    " RVonE said:
    "Psytek said:
    "Why does everyone rag on XII, I liked XII...
    "
    XII was alright, but to me it pales in comparison to the older Final Fantasies. Anyway, I would like to see some gameplay footage of XIII.
    "
    agreed, I just wasn't drawn into it as much as the previous games... but it wasn't completely terrible. "
    Exactly my thoughts. For some reason FFXII didn't quite feel like a FF game to me... maybe im just crazy tho.

But I am really excited for FFXIII :)
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I think...they should just release the damn game already. Can't wait.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By MysteriousBob

Looks like every other post-VII Final Fantasy. And by that I mean boring and pretentious. 

Hey, you asked.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By veektarius

The one thing I expect to regret about XIII is that due to XII's relative unpopularity, the murky politics will be lost along with the battle system.  That game had a lot of problems but a great story and I expect XIIIs to be back to more of a personal love and hope kind of focus like the traditional FF mixture.. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Jikla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Jikla

"what do you think FFXIII?" me: Most anticipated game of 2010 and maybe even game of the year 2010. I've waited damn long for this game, I hope it comes with English subs for JPN release :( I'm also waiting for that surprise square enix said they had...

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Veektarius said:
    " The one thing I expect to regret about XIII is that due to XII's relative unpopularity, the murky politics will be lost along with the battle system.  That game had a lot of problems but a great story and I expect XIIIs to be back to more of a personal love and hope kind of focus like the traditional FF mixture.. Here's hoping I'm wrong. "
    Unfortuantely you seem to be right.
    I loved XII's focus on the political powers, everything was more gray, rather than the usual black and white heroes and villans.

It definitely did have its problems, the story really wasn't compelling enough to keep the game going.. but I prefered it over the pre-teen melodrama of X that we seem to be returning to in XIII.  They say they want to focus on the characters and emotions, but the last trailer was just cringe worthy..  I'm quite sure other 2010 RPG's are going to do what it's attempting to do far better, and without so much cheese and overly long cut-scenes.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By luce

I liked FF12 but just about every Final Fantasy after 7 went the J-pop route and right now its starting to show its annoying-ness..

also

@Alexander said:

"  

"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.