So who bought a PS3 just for this game.

#1 Posted by Peter_J (151 posts) -

I'm a 360 owner myself and don't own a PS3, just curious.

#2 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Same, i still want this game though

#3 Posted by JackBonneham (68 posts) -

I did >:(

#4 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -

I bought my ps3 for this, FF VS, Kingdom Hearts 3. So far I got orange Box cause it kicks ass! GTA IV and MGS4 which I admit would never have got or thought about if I didn't have a ps3 but it is the best game I've palyed so far ont he ps3.

#5 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

I bought the PS3 for FF13, KH3, and GoW3 - anything else I could get that seemed interesting as well, so far MGS4 is the only other game I like for it. Everything else I already have on my 360.

#6 Posted by Dion720 (129 posts) -

I actually got mine for metal gear...but yea FF is nice too 

#7 Posted by Wesley (39 posts) -

It was a major factor for the purchase yeah. I realize that the 360 deal means only good things for everyone involved but I do feel a bitter sensation.

#8 Edited by BigEd88 (12 posts) -

Got a PS3 for this, MGS4, and Little Big Planet.  This multiplatform release irks me because it cheapens my purchase a little bit since I already have a Xbox.

#9 Posted by Zaapp1 (657 posts) -

Have a 360, got PS3 for this and blu-ray....oh well, still have versus.....for now.

#10 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

i wouldn't of bought it just for a final fantasy game...now metal gear is a different story

#11 Posted by pause422 (6170 posts) -

Not insulting anyones love of Final Fantasy,i'm just amazed how many people absolutely flipped out when microsoft stated that they also got the game, I mean Square had already made plenty of rpg's for the 360 by that time,and how many bought a system just for this game I mean,the PS3 has a ton of great titles coming out by the end of the year,along with great PSN titles,and plenty in 09 as well. The loss of one damn Final Fantasy game(which of course no one has yet to actually even see the true combat system in the game,or wether it will even be good to begin with) is apparently the end of the world,get the hell over it,there is great reasons to have both consoles by the end of this year especially.

#12 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I have a 360 and got a PS3 for MGS4 and FFXIII... don't really care it's multi though... I'm still going to be playing it on my PS3

#13 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

Yep, got the PS3 for my Metal Gears, but FFXIII is good too.  I don't feel like I waisted money at all.  It's a nice system overall.

#14 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

This was one of the reasons I bought a PS3. Resident Evil 5 is the biggest reason.

#15 Posted by normajean777 (450 posts) -

i actually got it for ratchet and clank and i am not in the least bit dissapointed but when mgs4 hit that was the icing on the cake

#16 Posted by Shygirlfrumfl (9 posts) -

Dont have a ps3 yet but I will either get a 360 or ps3 for this game.Just depends on which one is  cheaper. =/

#17 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

I was about to, but then I bought one later after the announcement either way (sort of regret it).
But it doesn't matter, they still get to play the game, exclusivity is overrated.

Same goes with Final Fantasy Versus 13.  It'll probably come to the 360 as well, but who cares?  Does it matter?

#18 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

My brother was going to.

I kinda regret him not, even though I had no interest in FF13 whatsoever. I wanna play LittleBigPlanet, and MGS4 to a slightly lesser extent. And Killzone. And Resistance . . .

And Infamous. Who keeps saying the PS3 has a weak lineup?
#19 Posted by KivviJuice (18 posts) -

why would i do that? im getting it on my 360

#20 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I'll probably buy a PS3 for this game even though it's coming out on the 360.

#21 Posted by Jezzasaurus (34 posts) -

I figure most Final Fantasy fans will want Versus XIII as well, which is remaining PlayStation 3 exclusive (for now), so it doesn't really make that much of a difference overall. There are other exclusive and superior versions of JRPGs on the system, so it's nothing to complain about. 

#22 Posted by high_seraph (52 posts) -
Ossi said:
"I bought the PS3 for FF13, KH3, and GoW3 - anything else I could get that seemed interesting as well, so far MGS4 is the only other game I like for it. Everything else I already have on my 360."
i didnt know GoW3 is gonna be on the ps3... is that true?

man i wish i had the money to buy a ps3 just for this game.. don't think that would be the smartest choice i could make. gonna have to end up blaspheming in the most serious fashion and buying it for the 360
#23 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

i bought mine just for MGS4....now i hear it might be coming for 360 ....F***

#24 Posted by LilFavors9313 (11 posts) -

It's on 360 too. But I may buy a PS3 for FF Versus XIII, looks like a good game worth the money.

#25 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

Nope. The game that might push me over the edge (don't have on yet) is Heavy Rain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.