the music in this game kind of sucks

#1 Posted by imayellowfellow (629 posts) -

at least in comparison to the older games, everything sounds too "floaty", there is never any sense of danger or urgency. 

#2 Posted by OllyOxenFree (5007 posts) -

This does not sound like danger or urgency?

K.
#3 Posted by schizogony (988 posts) -

This is the best Final Fantasy soundtrack so you're wrong, OP.

#4 Posted by Spoonman671 (5043 posts) -

I didn't care for any of the music in the game.

#5 Edited by Cornman89 (1600 posts) -
#6 Posted by ErrorOperator (480 posts) -
@schizogony said:
" This is the best Final Fantasy soundtrack so you're wrong, OP. "
Great, well constructed and thought out argument!
#7 Posted by MancombSeepgood (370 posts) -

I wasn't keen on the majority of the songs but that battle theme was awesome. 

#8 Posted by Astrodu (2793 posts) -

OP needs to make a better argument because 'floaty' is not one.

#9 Posted by RaccoonusDoodus (328 posts) -

I like the music, but I can see how in comparison to some other FF's it may not seem as 'dramatic'.

#10 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (894 posts) -

This game lacked Uematsu, while I like the soundtrack I do find it to be the weakest Final Fantasy soundtrack. In particular I find the battle themes to be misplaced; don't interpret that as that I don't like the tracks, I do, they're great tracks, I just think the mood and atmosphere of them just isn't quite bombastic and energetic enough for a battle theme.

#11 Posted by unclejohnny79 (689 posts) -

I enjoyed the music

#12 Posted by Hourai (2738 posts) -

I liked the boss battle music and some of the stuff that played in Gran Pulse. 

#13 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

I liked the music, I thought it was perfect for the game. That's what you get when you don't have uematsu, however it's still suitable for the game.

#14 Posted by imayellowfellow (629 posts) -

mmm i guess, the music in the previous games just seems a lot more distinct, and they seem to be a little more daring and risky than just ur standard operatic violin laden battle music  

dissidia imo was the best soundtrack, just cause the crazy things it did to all the old ff songs 

#15 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (951 posts) -

It's because there was no Nobuo.

#16 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -

Not a great game but the battle theme is the catchiest thing to come out of SE in like a decade.

#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (16491 posts) -

I disagree. It was one of my favorite soundtracks.

#18 Posted by Tsukiyomi (81 posts) -

Dont mind  me, just being one of the best FF tracks ever:  

#19 Posted by RandomHero666 (3184 posts) -
@schizogony said:
" This is the best Final Fantasy soundtrack so you're wrong, OP. "
Have you ever actually played any of the others?
I'm going to guess not
#20 Posted by BombKareshi (1042 posts) -

Reviving an old topic because it's probably better than starting a new one about the same thing.

I haven't played the game, but I was very excited to get the soundtrack. Imagine my disappointment when the only thing that stood out was the battle theme "Blinded by Light" – the rest is pretty bland in my opinion. I noticed Ryo Yamazaki's name against that track. Perhaps Hamauzu should get this guy to engineer more of his work.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14821 posts) -

the soundtrack is awesome and is probably my favorite FF soundtrack to date; Dust to Dust, Nautilus, Fighting Fate, Born Anew, Desperate Struggle, Serah's Theme, Sazh's Theme, Can't Catch a Break...

I could go on and on but

#22 Edited by Metzo_Paino (350 posts) -

I was a little underwhelmed by the music for the most part, I often found it just didn't fit the action on screen, or felt like it could have came from anywhere and was just put into the game.

The worst example was  

#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8234 posts) -
@Tsukiyomi said:

" Dont mind  me, just being one of the best FF tracks ever:  

"
Sounds corny as hell because it only plays for that corny ass character Snow, the whole game has a shitty straight to dvd release style voice acting and animations. 

This game is horrible compared to previous releases, I even enjoyed X-2 more than this.

Don't mind me, just saying FF13 is shit compared to other FF titles, even the soundtrack sounds corny and lame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.