Time Clarification

#1 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

So I just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight -

• XIII is coming to both PS3 and 360
  • XIII is going to remain PS3 exclusive in Japan until Square says otherwise
  • XIII will get to Japan before it is released elsewhere in the world
  • XIII will be released stateside on both systems at the same time
  • XIII 360 development is going to start only after the PS3 version is completely done

From what I can gather, the above list is fairly factual, but the hazy part with me is the last bullet.  Are they really going to make PS3 owners wait that long when all they basically have to do is translate it from the Japanese version? 
That was one point I was hoping ya'll could clarify a bit for me.
Much thanks.
#2 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

You forgot a bullet point:

• XIII will most likely be overrated but still sell millions because it's the first one out on a "new" console, the same way that VII and X were both overrated (and not that good IMO) but people still sucked on their dicks 'til the cows came home
#3 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"You forgot a bullet point:
  • XIII will most likely be overrated but still sell millions because it's the first one out on a "new" console, the same way that VII and X were both overrated (and not that good IMO) but people still sucked on their dicks 'til the cows came home
"
Your ignorance bores me.

Back on topic, I've been bothered by this small revelation that has yet to be elaborated by anyone at Square. They also say that it will be released sooner than their previous titles regarding localization time. Which still makes no sense if they are not starting development after the Ps3 Japaneses release.
#4 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Matthew said:
"So I just wanted to make sure I had my facts straight -
  • XIII is coming to both PS3 and 360
  • XIII is going to remain PS3 exclusive in Japan until Square says otherwise
  • XIII will get to Japan before it is released elsewhere in the world
  • XIII will be released stateside on both systems at the same time
  • XIII 360 development is going to start only after the PS3 version is completely done

From what I can gather, the above list is fairly factual, but the hazy part with me is the last bullet.  Are they really going to make PS3 owners wait that long when all they basically have to do is translate it from the Japanese version? 
That was one point I was hoping ya'll could clarify a bit for me.
Much thanks."
Yep, you nailed it on the head. And they've said that porting the 360 version of the game will run concurrently with the localization of game. They've said that the processes should both take about the same time, so don't worry too much about it.
#5 Posted by Matthew (1911 posts) -

Gotchya.  I just wanted to make sure that the port to the 360 wouldn't cost PS3 owners besides eating some humble pie.

Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.