Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Trapezohedron Farming help.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

OK So which enemy has the Trapezohedron? The Adamantoise or Adamantortoise? How can I tell which one is which, are they in certain areas or something? I'm able to kill some using Death, it's just annoying to have to go back to the main menu every time I kill them all.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

The giant ones..both kinds i believe

also you should try to make Nirvana or Kain's lance (upgraded from pandoran spear) and then dismantle that bitch for 3 trapezohedrons!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy
    @luce said:
    " The giant ones..both kinds i believe  also you should try to make Nirvana or Kain's lance (upgraded from pandoran spear) and then dismantle that bitch for 3 trapezohedrons! "
    Yeah I plan on only getting 1 Trapezohedron and basically dismantling to get the rest. Then I will keep doing it, and keep selling them and get the accessory achievement right easy! I think they're worth 1million Gil to sell. I'm gonna buy a Pandoran spear to do it, apparently they're the cheapest.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Trapezohedrons are only worth around 12k if I remember correctly- not 1 million.  The Adamantoise/Adamantortoise both have Trapezohedrons being a Rare drop and Platinum Ingots being the common drop.  Selling Platinum Ingots will net you 150,000 gil so it's wise to sell that instead.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xyzygy
    @OllyOxenFree: Oh... I was just going by the "Buy for full price, sell for half" deal... well that sucks. I guess I can upgrade a weapon with one and sell that though... can't I?
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

Hook up your characters with that Collector Catalog or Connoisseur Catalog. One of them make the Common drop rate better and the other goes for Rare drop.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @ch13696: Yeah I actually got both equipped. Fortunately, I'm finding that if I switch all my characters to SAB after my summon falls the beast, Death is a lot more successful.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vorbis

Remember it takes 1.5million gil to upgrade an ultimate weapon to max before you can dismantle it into 3. There's no point in having 3 ult weapons if they are all low level, it's much more useful to have a fully upgraded Kain's Lance first, and farm the last 3mil through ingots. By the time you have the gil needed, you will easily have 4-5 Trapezohedron.

No Caption Provided
    The two dots to the right are wolf packs I used to farm TP for summons, then ran to the Adamantoise, killed, back to the save point, and reloaded. 

Once you have Fangs ult weapon (and Genji Gloves) you can stop using the Death tactic. Control Fang, summon, debuff Peril/Deprotect/Deshell/Slow, then quickly Megaflare Bahumat. Then just go to town on the helpless Adamantoise (Com/Rav/Rav), once stagger reaches 999%, use Highwind for 999,999 damage (or if he tries to stand up early). 

Once you have your second ult weapon (at a decent level) you can stop using summons+wolf packs altogether, but theres plenty of guides for that. 

Also I recommend lots of podcasts/music to get through the grinding, it takes a while...
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By groin

There is no quick and easy way to get that treasure hunter achievement. Completing it will take 10+ hours of grinding due to the low drop rate of the ingots and traps. Upgrading all the other accessories also costs quite a bit. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @Vorbis: I've been farming for over 5 hours and I don't have a single Trap :( What do you reccomend as my second ultimate weapon? 

And do Connoseur Catalogs stack? Or do they only stack with Collector Catalogs?
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @xyzygy said:

" @Vorbis: I've been farming for over 5 hours and I don't have a single Trap :( "

You need to equip the Connoisseur accessory which is an upgraded Collector Catalog.  Will increase the chances.

Edit:  Sorry didn't see that you mentioned that you have both equipped.  You don't need both equipped- just the Connoisseur one.  They don't stack.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy
    @OllyOxenFree: Ok, thanks!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy

I finally got one guys!! I took away the Collector's Catalog and I got one about an hour later. Oh well, at least I got around 150,000 from the Ingots. 

I have another question though - for the collect all weapons and accessories achievement, Do I only need to upgrade to one ultimate weapon for each character, or every weapon's ultimate form even though they're called the same thing?

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Rayeth

@xyzygy
    I believe you only need one ultimate weapon each.

It was explained to me as one of each name, so items with the same name don't count.  I don't have the achievement yet, but that's what I know so far.

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Signpost
    @xyzygy: One weapon for each character (ie. you will need 6 Trapezohedron's total).  That is why people say to make Kain's Lance and then dismantle it.  It will net you 3 Trapezohedron's and you don't have to have all the weapons at the same time, just have them in your possesion at some point.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy

Damn... I wish there was a faster way with this. All day today I farmed and only got one. And not only that the Connosieur Catalog doesn't work with the Collector's Catalog so I have to decide between waiting it out for these stupids Traps or getting shit tons of money.... It's seriously stressing me out but I want these things so bad. 

On another note, maxed out all characters while farming. Hooray.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By groin

You can also get a trap by dismantling a maxed out genji glove. You can get 3 of them in the game from missions 51, 62, and 63. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ch13696

Damn, I didn't know you had to unequip the collector's catalog. Sometimes the strategy guide is not that helpful. I'm gonna try that whole Kain's Lance strategy. But use it on Fang's cheaper weapon.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy

Right now I'm done with the whole Death thing with Vanille. It's so annoying and takes so long, just killing them with Fang's ultimate weapon is a lot more efficient, I can usually kill them in about 2 minutes. I can't wait until I get another Trapezo so I don't have to summon... let me just say I'm glad SE gave an option to skip the summon cinematics.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Now if only they had a skip feature for Sephiroth's Meteor 'I'm gonna mess up the Galaxy and burn you with the sun' move...

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AuthenticM

What are you guys saying? I'm pretty sure the Collector's Catalog and Connoisseur's Catalog stack together. That's what the official guide says. I've been having them both equipped and they seem to both work.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy
    @groin said:

" You can also get a trap by dismantling a maxed out genji glove. You can get 3 of them in the game from missions 51, 62, and 63.  "

Do you think it's worth it to dismantle the other two Genji Gloves? I already have one that I use for Fang and honestly I don't think I'd need two more. Is there any reason I should keep the Genji Gloves? 

@AuthenticM said:
    " What are you guys saying? I'm pretty sure the Collector's Catalog and Connoisseur's Catalog stack together. That's what the official guide says. I've been having them both equipped and they seem to both work. "
    Ahh... I don't know what to think now :|
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

Wow. I can confirm that, after getting the Long Gui on the Archylte Steppe (finally), the drop rates for the Traps are higher. I just got 2 in a row!

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AuthenticM

I read that monsters only drop one item. I guess equiping both the Collector and Connoisseur isn't to our advantage.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy
    @AuthenticM said:
    " I read that monsters only drop one item. I guess equiping both the Collector and Connoisseur isn't to our advantage. "
    True, but sometimes they don't drop anything at all. Wouldn't wearing them both increase our odds of them at least having something?
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xyzygy

So now I'm getting more Trapezohedron drops than Platinum Ingots! -_- 

Does anyone know of a better way to make money than getting Platinum Ingots? I haven't gotten one in ages.

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Signpost
    @xyzygy: Do you know if there is anyone that has done tests to determine if the 2 catalogs stack?  There is a lot of rumour and anecdotal evidence both ways but has anyone actually run some tests?  I just looted my second collector's catalog last night so I might upgrade it the other catalog and run some tests to see what I can get.  Do you have any recommendations on what to fight, something that has a semi-low rare item drop rate (I could try on Adamantoise but I am not sure if I am high enough to take them on yet).  I was thinking of running the tests on the King Behemoth/Meg fight near the Northern Exit of the Steppe.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xyzygy
    @Signpost: Well, I'm not sure about the actual statistics... but I personally found that stacking them I did get a decent amount of both. There actually came a point where I wished I could stop getting Trapezohedrons and get more Platinum Ingots! I took off the Connosseur's Catalog and I found that I was getting the same amount of Platinum Ingots with less Trapezohedrons. I tried it again by putting on the Connosseur's and I was getting more Traps. Maybe it was just luck though.
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Psytek

Two of the same catalog don't stack. 
    Different catalogs can work simultaneously, but that isn't stacking, because their effects are different. 

I have all 3 catalogs on my party, and I've had battles than ended with all 3 drops, shrouds, rares and normals all at the same time, so I know they work together.

Signpost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Signpost
    @Psytek: Do they have to be on the leader or can they be on any member?
    Psytek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Psytek
    @Signpost: None of mine are on my party leader, and I get shrouds and rare drops all the time.
    JoseMontilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JoseMontilla

Get a Kain's Lance (made from the Dragoon Lance, Shamanic Spear, Punisher, Pandoran Spear or Gale Bolg). Upgrade the Kain's Lance to maximum level (at a cost of approximately 1,5000,000 gil) and then dismantle it. You'll Obtain three Trapezohedrons, tripling your initial investment. You will also get 36 Moonblossom Seeds at the same time, worth 216,000 Gil. You can do this with a Nirvana (made from the Tigerclaw, Healer's Staff, Belladona Wand, or Mistilteinn) as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.