What's up with the little green guy? (spoilers maybe)

#1 Posted by xyzygy (9896 posts) -

I was exploring Gran Pulse and we found this little green cactus thing that is stuck in a running position. there was a little cutscene with Sazh, I found one and fought him and won, so I thought he was some sort of story related thing... but the battle just ended. Then I found some more around the Central Expanse. What is their purpose or do they have any?

#2 Posted by m_rum (128 posts) -

Play more Final Fantasy. Seriously. 

:P

#3 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Sabotenders (Cactuar I think in English) are a mainstay of the Final Fantasy franchise, if you haven't played many of them it may seem odd to you.  They are one of the typical FF monsters though, along with things like Tonberries, behemoths, et all. 

They drop chocobo plumes or cactuar dolls if I recall correctly.

#4 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

might i point you in this direction: cactuar

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9896 posts) -

Haha, thanks. The FFs I've played and beaten were 3 (DS), 7, and 10. I don't remember a Cactuar in any of them... But I do remember tonberries from 7, the guys who slowly get closer to you. I wonder if they're in this game... :P I suppose the battle system of this game would mess it up though.

#6 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Yes, Tonberries are in this game. 

Sabotender were in FFVII but extremely rare, and I believe they were in FFX (I know they were in FFX-2)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.