When did you lose interest?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Dan64 (82 posts) -

If you did at all.

Me - 20 hours in.

(Not sure if this thread has already been made, if it has, my apologies.)

#2 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

no, I tend to stop games after getting really far in, I'm about 65 hours in. XP Mostly because I got Agarest wars so I'm playing that currently. I still love my FF13 though.

#3 Posted by Crono11 (1635 posts) -

I got 10 hours in and then something else came out that I played instead. I think it was Pokemon Soul Silver.

#4 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

30 hours in, chapter 11.

#5 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" 30 hours in, chapter 11. "
Add 5 hours and I was in this exact same situation. I got to the point where apologists were saying it got fun and was still bored so i sold it shortly thereafter.
#6 Posted by drakattack (151 posts) -

Beat the game, because I never start a game and not finish it, I honestly NEVER had interest and basically Endurance Runned it. It really upset me that they dumbed the combat down from FF 12. The ability to program your AI to do exactly what you wanted, plus the hunts and the hidden summon bosses just made 12 an AMAZING game.

#7 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Illmatic said:
" @Meowayne said:
" 30 hours in, chapter 11. "
Add 5 hours and I was in this exact same situation. I got to the point where apologists were saying it got fun and was still bored so i sold it shortly thereafter. "
Yeah, pretty much this. I went on because it was an OK paced dungeon crawler and people were saying it got better in chapter 11; then I hit chapter 11 and it became Final Fantasy XII. Haven't touched it in weeks.
#8 Posted by TheMeat (63 posts) -

I haven't 'lost interest' all the way.  But I got to the part that requires quite a bit of grinding in chapter 11 and decided to put it on the back-burner until I finish the semester up.  Hopefully I go back to it...

#9 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Beat the game twice, S ranked it on one copy and plan to S rank the other later in the summer, so never. I can't get enough of the game honestly, the combat specifically. Some of the bosses are just some of the best moments I have ever had in a game. I wish they'd bring DLC out for more shit to kill :(

#10 Posted by drakattack (151 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:
" Beat the game twice, S ranked it on one copy and plan to S rank the other later in the summer, so never. I can't get enough of the game honestly, the combat specifically. Some of the bosses are just some of the best moments I have ever had in a game. I wish they'd bring DLC out for more shit to kill :( "
I don't get it? Every boss can be S ranked with same strategy. SYN SYN MED, then SAB SAB MED, then RAV RAV COM, switch to MED MED COM as needed. No thanks, can I have a REAL challenge please? For God's sake, the hardest boss in the game can just be poisoned once and you can put on MED MED MED and walk away for an hour and come back and it's dead.
#11 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@drakattack: And that is the best part of it, I didn't do any of those things and still beat the bosses. They offer a ton of different ways to tackle the bosses. 

Also the hardest boss in the game (bosses technically) can not be poisoned, that would be mission 62, the final story bosses are push overs if you know what you are doing.
#12 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

after Proud Clad stopped me in my tracks 5 times in a row.

#13 Posted by mooncake (152 posts) -

after i got 1000 points

#14 Posted by snaps (19 posts) -

Not really sure, I just remember forcing myself to play through it at the halfway point telling myself it would get better. 

It never did.

#15 Edited by drakattack (151 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:

" @drakattack: And that is the best part of it, I didn't do any of those things and still beat the bosses. They offer a ton of different ways to tackle the bosses.  Also the hardest boss in the game (bosses technically) can not be poisoned, that would be mission 62, the final story bosses are push overs if you know what you are doing. "

Yes you can Poison Vercingetorix (Mission 62) and just SEN SEN SEN for his Wicked Whirl and then MED MED MED, Poison and repeat. You won't five start it but it can be done, and the fact that it can be done that way is just pathetic.
#16 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@drakattack: They can dispel negative status effects
#17 Posted by drakattack (151 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:
" @drakattack: They can dispel negative status effects "

Dude, I've done this poison method and it takes about 1 1/2 hours, and you can literally only cast poison and then heal yourself.
#18 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

The combat system was an immediate turnoff and I instantly hated Vanille the moment she opened her mouth. By chapter 6, I'd had enough. 

But honestly, I lost interest before I even begun playing. The art direction didn't particularly appeal to me and having just finished Okami, I wasn't ready for another 40+ hour game. Not to mention the numerous bad feedback it was getting. It sat on my shelf for days, still sealed, before I finally opened it. And looking back on it, I should've just left it that way.

#19 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I got about 10 hours in and am taking a break from it while I let my friend borrow it, Hope should have died in the character planning stages. 

#20 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

I was never interested... -_-

#21 Edited by Jasonofindy (258 posts) -

Six? hours in.  I think it was six.  In any case, I dropped it right back into the envelope to Gamefly.  After multiple bad experiences now, it seems pretty clear that the series is no longer for me.  Luckily, I already had some idea this was the case and rented instead of buying.

#22 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

after i completed it

#23 Edited by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

When I suddenly realized that I was playing a tubeworm  simulator instead of a RPG.

10-15 hours into the game in other words.

#24 Posted by mkasperski (17 posts) -

At 1000/1000 lol

#25 Posted by Wes899 (2106 posts) -

I'm about 25 hours in. Not going back.

#26 Posted by EdTwo (471 posts) -

when it was announced...

#27 Posted by Teoball (563 posts) -

12 hours in. I'm done.

#28 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

When Treasure Hunter was the only trophy I had left.

#29 Posted by StrikeALight (1112 posts) -

After farming turtles for 20+ hours for traps and maxing out the crystarium. Couple of hunts left, but just didn't have the urge to bother attempting them.

#30 Posted by Melvargh (488 posts) -

At around 27 hours, at chapter 11.
I realized I was at a point where I was having ZERO fun, so I put it down and never looked back.

#31 Posted by m1k3 (1325 posts) -

im starting to get tired of it, i already beat the game, and all im doing is just trying to get platinum on it. after 100 hours in and a few more missions to and trophies to go, im forcing myself to finish at this point.

#32 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

I played it for 3 hours, then stopped. With godly willpower I played through 5 hours the next day. Then I had my friend play it for me for 2 hours after that. Then I sold it for twenty bucks.

#33 Posted by Tornac (134 posts) -

I never really lost interest. It's a complicated game, but I don't think it's as bad as some reviewers made it out to be. It is definitely long-winded, but the journey is so good it's worth your patience. Great game. Just be prepared to devote a lot of time.

#34 Edited by RJPelonia (854 posts) -

When Final Fantasy XI was announced.

#35 Posted by WhytePanther (106 posts) -

I might lose interest grinding for the Treasure Hunter Trophy, because even if I did have the gil, it's a LOT of menus to do all the upgrading.  But I'm so close, I may as well finish.

Oh, I'm sorry, you were talking about the story.  I enjoyed it.  I couldn't stick with FFXII, but I really enjoyed the story of FFXIII...  once there was actually a story to speak of.

#36 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

when I heard all the comments from Giantbomb, so I didn't even buy the game :D

#37 Posted by LiquidPrince (15836 posts) -

Never. It was a great and is a great game to me.

#38 Edited by luce (4045 posts) -

Still playing it.

Didn't see what everyone was whining about

#39 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1639 posts) -

I lost interest after I saw the ending. I was originally planning on doing all the post-game stuff, but the ending put me off it.

#40 Posted by vinsanity09 (210 posts) -

about 17 hours in, which is a lot more than the hour that  I spent with FF XII

#41 Posted by TotalEklypse (1000 posts) -

after i beat it.. around 69 hours. mostly because i sold it to a friend for 50 bucks cause i gave up on my platinum attempt.  the crafting system is tarded =(

#42 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I lost interest after... FFVIII. 
FFIII for the SNES will always be my favorite.
#43 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

When the first trailer came out.

#44 Posted by MacGoesZoom (75 posts) -

After I bought it. I started hearing stories about chapter 11, and then I returned it
#45 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

About 100 hours in...

#46 Posted by veganwa (9 posts) -

When I got into the SC2 beta (I was somewhere in the middle of chapter 11 =)

#47 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Haven't played the game yet, but I have played Final Fantasy XII for 40 hours and stopped.

#48 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Haven't even played it. I lost interest when it followed FF12 and didn't have turn based battles.

#49 Posted by hunterzolomin (6 posts) -

i dropped off at like 24 hrs in i just beat cid and i know im right there to the game opening up, but i just got distracted with other games and it just hasnt sucked me in,i really want to go back to it

#50 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

After I beat the game, about ~65 hours?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.