Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Who's playing after the end of the game?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So I just finished the game yesterday. I thought I would be able to get into God of War III, but nope, not feeling it. Anyways, I booted up FF XIII again to beef up my characters. It's pretty hard without a Growth Egg. So I just finished that. But damn that Neochu Mark is fuckin hard. It took 20 battles just to get him to go away with Death. So now I have that Growth Egg and working on my characters. So what's is everyone else doing?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I'm on my last two stages of my last role for each character. Go check out my thread about where the best grinding spot is, I believe I found it. 30,000 CP ever 1:15 (Walking times included and yes that 1 min 15 seconds) 

But right now specifically I'm trying to get my damn Trapezohedron. I've been farming these for about 4 hours with not even one dropping.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696
    @xyzygy said:
    " I'm on my last two stages of my last role for each character. Go check out my thread about where the best grinding spot is, I believe I found it. 30,000 CP ever 1:15 (Walking times included and yes that 1 min 15 seconds)  But right now specifically I'm trying to get my damn Trapezohedron. I've been farming these for about 4 hours with not even one dropping. "
    Oh yeah. I just posted on your thread about that. If you have an extra Collectors Catalog then upgrade it. The upgrade should help you get those Rare drops. But I think I found a spot where you can farm 100,000 CP but it'll take about 20 min to get all of it. Fortunately I have a Growth Egg so I'll end up getting double. 
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Had alot more fun with the combat after the game ended, really got into it. Just 2 trophies left but both requires alot of time and money (5 star everything and collect everything).  Think it's a shame that 90% of reviewers consider the game done after the last boss, if they had done some of the side missions and endgame stuff they might of thought differently about the game.

And if Resonance of Fate wasn't being released tomorrow I probably would of gone for platinum, maybe i'll return to finish it off once I have some podcasts to grind to.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I just beat the game, and I'm not sure if I will or not. I guess I should, to get more time out of it for my money, but I had to push myself to finish the game. The battles leading up to the final boss were particularly rage-inducing.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By spazmaster666
    @ch13696 said:

"But damn that Neochu Mark is fuckin hard. It took 20 battles just to get him to go away with Death. So now I have that Growth Egg and working on my characters. So what's is everyone else doing? "

Yeah, I was having trouble with that battle the first time round too as it was taking way too long for me to get a 5-star rating. Then I equipped all my characters with the Lucky Break accessory bonus and ended up staggering it within a few seconds and winning the battle soon after that to get my 5-star rating. Anyway, I stopped playing after getting the final achievement (Treasure Hunter) as really there isn't much to do after beating all the missions and collecting everything.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By OllyOxenFree

After I beat the game I created the new game+ onto a new save file.  Already made use of the the 10th stage crystaranium and will probably grind/do missions later.  

Right now there are other games to be played.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Addfwyn

I have every intent to platinum the game before I move on to Resonance of Fate and God of War 3.  Unfortunately, I just moved to a new country and while I have my PS3...I have no TV. 

This is sad, as all my friends are passing me in the game now.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Steve_C

I'm just about to max out each character, though I think at least snow is already there. Yesterday I finally made the long gui's appear after getting tired of the normal adamantoises and I took one of them down. All I need to do now is the final mission (64), and then i'll go 5-star anything that's left. I'm also going to need a ton of money to get every item for that trophy, and I also need to do the last boss over again for a quicker time.

Rirobuge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Rirobuge

I've got every character maxed, just grinding lots and lots of gil to upgrade all my weapons for the treasure hunter achievement. The game is basically doubled in length if you go for all the achievements.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ch13696

Can anyone tell me how I'll be able to kill the Adamantoise a lot easier? At this point I'm just summoning an eidolon then casting Death after the eidolon leaves. At this point since I have the Growth Egg I'm able to get 80,000 CP for each battle but most of the time it takes 5 minutes for it to fall.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xyzygy
    @ch13696: Do you have any Trapezohedrons yet, or did you upgrade any weapons? If you use Fang's ultimate weapon developed from the Dragoon Lance and then Dragonhorn, it will raise her STR to around 3000. If you can, put some Maxed out Power Gloves or higher on her to make that stat 3500.  

I'm using this, and using her to summon at the start. I use the summon to get the Adamantoise to the ground then I slam it with ailments after I use Megaflare to get rid of Bahamut. Now set everyone to Tri-Disaster and the adamantoise will staggers quickly - a couple hits and then a Highwind will finish him off. 

You can probably do this with another weapon but I have only tried it with the Kain's Lance. Give it a shot! I use Fang, Hope and Lightning.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ch13696
    @xyzygy said:
    " @ch13696: Do you have any Trapezohedrons yet, or did you upgrade any weapons? If you use Fang's ultimate weapon developed from the Dragoon Lance and then Dragonhorn, it will raise her STR to around 3000. If you can, put some Maxed out Power Gloves or higher on her to make that stat 3500.   I'm using this, and using her to summon at the start. I use the summon to get the Adamantoise to the ground then I slam it with ailments after I use Megaflare to get rid of Bahamut. Now set everyone to Tri-Disaster and the adamantoise will staggers quickly - a couple hits and then a Highwind will finish him off.  You can probably do this with another weapon but I have only tried it with the Kain's Lance. Give it a shot! I use Fang, Hope and Lightning. "
    I did get one. But I used it to upgrade Fang's Gae Bolg. That way after I max out the upgrade and get 3 more Trapezohedrons. But since you told me about her stats. That will be the next thing I upgrade. I think the max for strength on her Kain's Lance after Dragonhorn is 982.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @ch13696 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @ch13696: Do you have any Trapezohedrons yet, or did you upgrade any weapons? If you use Fang's ultimate weapon developed from the Dragoon Lance and then Dragonhorn, it will raise her STR to around 3000. If you can, put some Maxed out Power Gloves or higher on her to make that stat 3500.   I'm using this, and using her to summon at the start. I use the summon to get the Adamantoise to the ground then I slam it with ailments after I use Megaflare to get rid of Bahamut. Now set everyone to Tri-Disaster and the adamantoise will staggers quickly - a couple hits and then a Highwind will finish him off.  You can probably do this with another weapon but I have only tried it with the Kain's Lance. Give it a shot! I use Fang, Hope and Lightning. "
    I did get one. But I used it to upgrade Fang's Gae Bolg. That way after I max out the upgrade and get 3 more Trapezohedrons. But since you told me about her stats. That will be the next thing I upgrade. I think the max for strength on her Kain's Lance after Dragonhorn is 982. "
    You were definitely thinking ahead of me. If I had done that, I could have 3 of each characters best weapons and I wouldn't even need to summon at the start of battles. -_-
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ch13696
    @xyzygy said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    I did get one. But I used it to upgrade Fang's Gae Bolg. That way after I max out the upgrade and get 3 more Trapezohedrons. But since you told me about her stats. That will be the next thing I upgrade. I think the max for strength on her Kain's Lance after Dragonhorn is 982. "
    You were definitely thinking ahead of me. If I had done that, I could have 3 of each characters best weapons and I wouldn't even need to summon at the start of battles. -_- "
    Yeah I meant you have to dismantle Kain's Lance after you max it out. And it has to be from the Gae Bolg version. I looked through a lot of forum post just to get that idea. So really you only have to farm it once.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy
    @ch13696: Well you have to farm Platinum ingots after that, enough to get another 1.5 million. Because you will need to dismantle one of Vanille's ultimate weapons (I think it's the one from the Belladonna wand?) if you want to get all the ultimate weapons. 

so you'll have the one from Fang's Pandoran Spear - Dismantl that into 3 Traps. Now you only need 5 more ultimate weapons. Put one of those traps into Vanille's Belladonna, max out with 1.5 mill, dismantle, and you now have 5 traps and 2 Ultimate weapons (Not in your hand, but counts toward the achievement). So complete the other 4 ultimate weapons, and you'll have one trap left over to make the Kain's Lance from the Dragoon Lance to make Fang very, very strong. Now you won't have to spend all your time farming Traps, and you can start upgrading accessories and still have an uber powerful Fang.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ch13696
    @xyzygy: I think the reason why people are saying to max out the Gae Bolg is because that one is the cheapest to purchase again. So that way you can get enough trap's to max out everyone else's weapons. It only costs 13,100 Gil. And you only need 6 trap's because to get the trophy / acheivement you only need one ultimate weapon.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By veektarius
    @ch13696: Sorry, this conversation's a little more advanced than I'm ready for - are you saying a star level gae bolg breaks down to a trapezohedron?
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By eclipsesis

does anyone know of any useful equipment combinations?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ch13696
    @Veektarius said:
    " @ch13696: Sorry, this conversation's a little more advanced than I'm ready for - are you saying a star level gae bolg breaks down to a trapezohedron? "
    Lol sorry. When you upgrade the Gae Bolg into a Kain's Lance and max it out. The you can dismantle it into 3 trapezohedron.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy
    @ch13696: Oops, sorry, yeah I think I said Pandoran spear? I meant the one you said :P The cheapest one. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.