Why Final Fantasy XIII doesnt suck.

• 157 results
#51 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

After playing some of this game i can conclude that it's officially fucking boring. Fights become lame once you realize there's zero purpose to them, and then you're just trying to avoid enemies and make it to cutscenes, and that sucks shit. 

Never mind the fact that the main director of this game was the fine gentleman that brought us X-2.

#52 Edited by valleyshrew (34 posts) -

I'm amazed anyone has the audacity to defend this game. You're at a disadvantage if you waste time selecting spells. The fact is it shouldn't be in the game, gambits were brilliant and there's no reason why they shouldn't have just had those instead of pre-programmed perfect AI. Let's not forget they took away switching characters during battles for pretty much no reason. Ok it's too fast to control all 3, but let me switch. The battles are a mix of traditional FF with dissidia, yet you cannot mix those and still have good gameplay, 1 is fast action moving around, the other is slow strategy like chess. It's the least fun FF gameplay by far and i've never liked FF for battles gameplay. Kingdom hearts 2's 3 hour intro tutorial was bad enough, FFXIII's is 20 hours.

No FF games have never been linear like this, and I loved X and never felt it was horribly linear. It had towns and blitzball and more characters and variety. People keep trying to defend it and saying the series has always been linear when they don't understand the complaint. It's not just the story path being linear with no choices like mass effect, it's the fact there is absolutely no variety in the missions. Your objective is always to get to the end of some path and kill things along the way. FFXII started off for ages in rabanastre where you were doing a variety of missions for Migelo and the people there, ffvii started with a huge variety of mission types in midgar with barrett and then aeris and tifa and there was some meaning to the characters and locations, it was NOT just walking along paths killing enemies to get to the end. FFXIII has only 19 characters! That epitomises how tiny the world is, despite being just as long as any previous FF. There was a huuuuuuge variety of gameplay in FFVII, you had things like marching in junon and doing QTE victory fanfare, the tower defense at mt corel, snowboarding, chocobo racing, puzzles, exploration, people to talk to, optional characters to unlock, materia to find, hidden places to find in submarines and airships etc. I dont know why they are even selling game guides for 13, it's a bit of a con, there is simply battles and at the end of the game you can unlock chocobos and do some hunts for basically no reason. I've used a guide for parts of every FF I've played (all but 1-3), and yet I completed XIII in a language I dont understand without one. That shows you how linear the game is, it is fatiguing to play, the pacing is terrible.

Towns did add something. FFXIII is a generic game where you explore a tiny part of the world along a linear path, you get mere glimpses in the background of how large the world truly is. People say the game opens up after 25 hours and you get a big wide place with traditional ff exploration, but it is a boring ugly open field with nothing to do that is even more tedious and fatiguing than the linear maps were. The previous FF games, you were free and explored the whole world and there was nothing like it, you had your sea side resorts, your futuristic cities, your mud hut towns, just a huge amount of personality and things to love about the games. Each town had a purpose and created a memorability in the game. My top 5 games ever are FF, but FFXIII is just another game, probably only my 4th favourite ps3 game and that's just because of my positive bias towards the series, I would feel ashamed to recommend this game to someone who wasn't a gamer. 

It's clear that square enix do not know some of the basics of game design. Things like how to design a camera. This is not a western thing, kojima productions made an absolutely perfect camera in mgs4. Though the camera was probably designed so as you wouldn't try looking at the environment or you'd see how poorly put together it was with a mere black abyss below the implausible skypath on which you trudge.

Don't tell people not to bitch about it, I'm amazed at how positive the reception is, and then Square will never fix it. And it IS easy to fix the game, you say the story doesn't allow towns, then change it. This feels like no more of a main series game than crisis core which had no variety either. Put back some variety and character to the series, the fans don't want it to be another fantasy of duty.

#53 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

I've been playing a couple hours in so far, the Paradigm stuff is kinda neat but other than that the battle system is pretty plain. I think the biggest complaint I have is that where most games now, try to keep the player in control at all times, FFXIII takes that away from you a considerable amount and you end up just sitting and watching. This might have been great 10 years ago when the technology was limited but for this generation there is no excuse for it! Why is there the need for so many cut scenes!?

#54 Posted by makari (597 posts) -
@Quacktastic: No no, it would have to be single player. And the sparklies would be items nobody would ever use, like potions and hi-potions. The normal cap for such items would be lifted for this game, so that you could carry over 99 potions, since you would accrue about 9001 over the course of the game. The npcs in all the towns would be the same variation of three or four different skins, and they would say things like 'Am want to be fireman when grow up' when you spoke to them, or give you gameplay tips like 'Can press X to me speak,' as if you just blundered into speaking to them by random chance. Also, there would be shops in the town, but they would only sell things that you already got in the previous town. You'd get 1 million gil for finding every object in the town, but there'd be nothing to spend it on as the shops are all redundant and items are useless. You know, all the things that make a great classic jRPG!
#55 Edited by Icemael (6321 posts) -

Why Assassin's Creed doesn't suck. 

Okay, so a lot of people have been saying how much Assassin's Creed sucks or a disappointment, those people are wrong. Here are a few complaints that people have used-

Repetitive 

This is a bunch of bullshit. Nearly every other open world game is repetitive but deiced to use smoke and mirrors to make the player think that they aren't doing the same thing over and over again. inFamous for example was extremely repetitive but yet that was still a superb game and noone cared about it being repetitive because of the smoke and mirrors? thats bullshit. 

Countering 

A lot of people are complaining about how you just wait for counter opportunities in battle but its simple, DON'T USE IT. Its seriously one of the most stupidest things to complain about.  Lets use TF2 for and example, dont like the scout class and think its for noobs? dont use it rather than bitching about it. Its there as an option  if you dont like the option then dont use it. 

No swimming 

I don't see why people would want to swim that much in the game, it wouldn't bring much to the game anyway. I dont see why its a problem to accidentally fall into the water and drown; the game auto saves so often, you barely lose any progress. Also, if you have played the game you would know that swimming wouldn't make any sense to the story(try swimming wearing clothes as heavy as Altaïr's. Now, try swimming wearing those clothes and carrying various heavy metal objects such as swords, hidden blades and throwing knives) so I am happy that Ubisoft left it out opposed to tacking it on and throwing on some shit to the story just for there to be swimming. 

Okay guys, please stop bitching about Assassin's Creed, there is nothing wrong with the game and it is a fantasic edition to Ubisoft's lineup and a serious GOTY contender IMO. 

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the poor grammar and spelling in the above paragraphs. It all belongs to Yukoei.
Disclaimer 2: I liked Assassin's Creed a lot, and aside from the lack of swimming, none of the things I just complained about actually bothered me. However, unlike Yukoei, I can understand why certain things that don't bother me would bother others.
#56 Posted by masterpaperlink (1843 posts) -

I think i found the reason why this thread exists 

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/female-characters-in-games-you-had-a-crush-on/13020/?page=7

#57 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@masterpaperlink said:
"

I think i found the reason why this thread exists 

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/female-characters-in-games-you-had-a-crush-on/13020/?page=7

"
Lol.
#58 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

This game is the best nerd rage generator in a long time. I fucking hate FF games but thank you Square for the glorious rage.

#59 Posted by Cross_Marian (30 posts) -

Yes peoples reasons for hating the game is stupid and many other games did the same thing that Square did for FF 13

#60 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

The reasons people don't like it are the exact reasons I love it. It's straightforward and linear. I don't have to spend hours upon hours doing sidequests or grinding. The biggest bummer to me in an RPG is when your blood really gets flowing and then you have to stop to search every nook and cranny of the new town you discover. This is also probably why I liked Persona 4 so much; you knew exactly where to go after your battles, and you could skip right to the next battle portion if you wanted, for the most part (though dating Chie obviously kept me entertained).

#61 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

The only thing I disagree with is the towns, I liked towns as it added more lore and story to your adventure and made you feel like you were actually going to far away places.

#62 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

eh it's great but I realize that people gotta hate it because it's final fantasy (and oh no NO TOWNS how will we survive) so...

don't get so hot and bothered OP

#63 Posted by Djstyles92 (952 posts) -
@Yukoei said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @Brendan said:
" I found the lack of exploration along with the less interesting combat then I remember from older FF's a mediocre experience.  Sorry Yukoei. "
I'm with Yukoei on this. Didn't FF X lack of exploration? "
Yes it did, but for many people it is still the best in the series, that is another reason why the hate on FFXIII is stupid. "
I agree, this game reminds me so much of FFX, which is a good thing since its one of my favorite games ever.  Also the combat is pretty damn good and has a lot of depth to it.
#64 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Yukoei: 

Don't wanna be a dick but: 
1.) There is already a topic on defending this game. 
2.) In the wrong forum 
3.) This game does have issues; it is still a great game worth buying.
#65 Posted by Jared (557 posts) -

FF13 is the first FF game I've ever played and I'm having a lot of fun, its something totally different from what I'm used to. I don't like the auto combat feature so I don't use it, luckily you can set the "abilities" button to launch your attacks. This game has some of the best graphics and cut scenes I've seen, very cool!

#66 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

I was wondering. Do you think its possible that SE cut the towns from the game to fit it on a DVD for the 360? The "We didn't have time" excuse seems suspicious.

#67 Posted by Phaseshift (222 posts) -
@Barrock said:
" I was wondering. Do you think its possible that SE cut the towns from the game to fit it on a DVD for the 360? The "We didn't have time" excuse seems suspicious. "
Don't say silly things, the games are exactly the same except every cut scene on the 360 is grainy and compressed and fail. Your whole logic that enix would cut a massive portion of a game they ported not only offends me but everyone elses intelligence, go lay down in a bush please.
#68 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -
@Phaseshift said:
" @Barrock said:
" I was wondering. Do you think its possible that SE cut the towns from the game to fit it on a DVD for the 360? The "We didn't have time" excuse seems suspicious. "
Don't say silly things, the games are exactly the same except every cut scene on the 360 is grainy and compressed and fail. Your whole logic that enix would cut a massive portion of a game they ported not only offends me but everyone elses intelligence, go lay down in a bush please. "
I'm... not saying that the towns are on the PS3 version. I understand they have the same amount of content. What I was proposing was that the game is so large that they had to cut something from the game to fit it on the 360. So they said "Hey, why don't we cut shops and put them at the Save Point?" and they did.
#69 Posted by AjayRaz (12428 posts) -

GAME STILL SUX LAWL  

nah. it's not my type of game at all.

#70 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" GAME STILL SUX LAWL   nah. it's not my type of game at all. "
=(
#71 Posted by slantedwindows (272 posts) -

why final fantasy xiii sucks: people make threads like this defending it.

#72 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
#73 Posted by Lelcar (618 posts) -

FFXIII is not more linear than FFX. It's about the same amount. I think it's the lack of downtime (via towns) that throws people off about the linearity. However, because of this it sucessfully maintains the illusion that you really are fugitives, you're alone, and you only have each other. Also, the battle system is argueably the most fun and polished system in the series, so that softens the blow for the lack of downtime for me. It is linear, but definitely not moreso than X. 

It's an amazing game though. I'm enjoying it.
#74 Posted by j_drace (353 posts) -
@Yukoei: I do enjoy this game as well as the majority of the other FF games in the series, however it did stray from a lot of things that made it FF.  The towns are gone, the combat system, blah, blah, blah.  I don't mind the loss of the towns and the combat system is enjoyable to me, however I hate that I can only control one character.  I do like how you switch between different characters during the story line.  The game being linear is refreshing.  It reminds me of when RE4 strayed from the original concept.  FFXIII didn't quite have the same impact, but it's still a great game to me.  IDK why you started this thread.  If you enjoy the game for yourself that should be enough.  It seems like you bought into the hype so much that the game to you is in fact disappointing and that now you are trying to prove to yourself that this is a good game.  If that's not the case then the game is what it is and that's it, there is no need for threads like this.  What are you trying to accomplish with this thread?
#75 Posted by shadowblazer19 (73 posts) -

As long as it's better than ff12 I'm happy... I can't finish that mess...

#76 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

I've played for several hours now, and I'm still stuck in a horribly boring prologue with absolutely ZERO explanation of anything related to the story. I was playing FFIVDS last month, and the story is set up within 30 minutes, 4 hours in and I don't know shit about FFXIII's characters, universe, or who the fucking antagonist is. So far they haven't given me any motivation to trudge through Long Ass Tutorial XIII.

I've heard people say that the slow "intro" portion of the game lasts about 15 hours, that's fucking absurd by anyone's standards.  Also, the game wants you to use autobattle for what seems like the whole first quarter of the game, seeing as how the only thing characters can do at that point is attack and use an area attack.

#77 Posted by Cross_Marian (30 posts) -
@demontium: but demontium every game has problems even some of the great ones. 
#78 Posted by Zao (127 posts) -

I think Japanese gaming is still living in the past which is a real shame. A particular thing thats bothering me is story, it was all good and fun in  Persona 4 with the ridiculas anime moments but when your telling a serious story its total bullshit and people dont like to admitt it. MGS4 for example theres a guy who shits his pants WHY?? and Snake and Meryl WTF?? Its the same with FF10 an its awful dialogue Tidus and Yuna laughing was sooo cringe worthy  FF13 looks just as bad I cant see one character that doesnt irritate me in some way.
#79 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -
@Zao: 

The problem with XIII's story is that it assumes you're psychic and just throws you into a nonsensing pool of nonsensical nonsense.
#80 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

FFs gone downhill since 8

#81 Posted by Doubt (329 posts) -

Its not that bad, i think people are just upset because the "kinda" hype, it is the first REAL final fantasy for the next generation and it wasnt what people expected. its a good game a since so may people bitched about 12 being way to different they probably tried to make it more traditional for 13. 

my point  - everyone always bitches and is never happy.

#82 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

I really liked XII when I thought I was done with Final Fantasies..

But XIII is up-and-down a pass for me...

When you center the story around anime cutscenes in a game where the story is key I can't stomach it anymore.

And from what I've seen that melodrama and the cookie-cutter anime cliches are making me cringe.

#83 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

the reason there isnt side quests early on ties in with the story and a sort of urgency. to place side quests to take time out to do other tasks wouldnt make sense to the main plot at that point. there is however side quests later on. a major complaint was that there wasnt much else to do besides the main story early on though, thus why im pointing this out.

#84 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@Cross_Marian said:
" @demontium: but demontium every game has problems even some of the great ones.  "
I know, I said it is going to be a great game; now if you will excuse me I must go play it ; )
#85 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
@Leptok said:
" FFs gone downhill since 8 "
Careful, he'll make a blog post explaining why FF's haven't gone down hill since VIII else. 
#86 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

I agree with you completely on this. Most JRPGs are linear, but they make up for it by having great stories and characters. I can't really comment on the rest of the series since this is my first FF game, but I'm really enjoying it and think it''s a great game so far.

#87 Posted by SneakyPenguins (242 posts) -
@lukusluke said:
"It's called opinion for a reason, because they are opinions! "

people have opinions for a reason, they say these reasons and people wih diffrent opinions then state why they dont agree. This is an arguement
#88 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -
@Yukoei said:
" Okay, so alot of people have been saying how much FFXIII sucks or a disappointment, those people are wrong. Here are a few complaints that people have used -

Linear

This is a bunch of bullshit. Nearly every other JRPG is linear but deiced to use smoke and mirrors to make the player think that they are exploring. Persona 4 for example was extremely linear but yet that was still a superb game and noone cared about it being linear because of the smoke and mirrors? thats bullshit. 

I'd rather smoke and mirrors than no smoke and mirrors.

Auto-battle

Alot of people are complaining about Auto-battle being in the game but its simple, DONT USE IT. Its seriously one of the most stupidest things to complain about. Lets use TF2 for and example, dont like the scout class and think its for noobs? dont use it rather than bitching about it. Its there as an option  if you dont like the option then dont use it. 

The game is designed use the auto battle feature. If you don't use it your are far more likely to die. Team Fortress 2 wasn't designed to just use one characters, it was designed to use many. Also having the option there just temps people to use it, even when they don't want to.  

No towns

I dont see why people would miss towns that much in the game, they never brought much to the games anyway. I dont see why its a problem to buy your items at the save point and to get side quests a different way, Also, if you have played the game you would know that a town wouldnt make any sense to the story so I am happy that square left it out opposed to tacking it on and throwing on some shit to the story just for there to be a town.   Okay guys, please stop bitching about FFXIII, there is nothing wrong with the game and it is a fantasic edition to the series and a serious GOTY contender IMO.  Please, feel free to leave reasons about why the game suck or you dislike it down below. "

Towns add to the immersion of the game. So do shops and inns.
#89 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -
@SneakyPenguins said:
" @lukusluke said:
"It's called opinion for a reason, because they are opinions! "
people have opinions for a reason, they say these reasons and people wih diffrent opinions then state why they dont agree. This is an arguement "
Im impressed
#90 Posted by jayrq2o1 (1 posts) -

Its  not an opinion.  Since many of you haven't really actually played a good Final Fantasy, or just assume that you can convince yourself that the 60 or so dollars you spent was worth it, you come here and disagree with the cold hard facts.   

It blows.  Just be happy it was your mama's 60 bucks and stop trying to continue hyping a graphically astounding (but still inherently bad in every other way)  failure.  To call any previous Final Fantasy prior to 8 or blatantly state that all RPG's are linear is a travesty, and that person should pick up a copy of any Final Fantasy before 8 and have fun flying around the expansive world given to them on the back of the Chocobo or aboard the Airship/Ship you've worked your ass off to that point in the game to use.  No, the story of course is always linear, but the game as whole is not.  With the addition of multiple endings, that further disproves that any RPG can be entirely linear, even if it takes until the end to diverge in the story, it doesn't follow a set path. 

Forgive me for being combative, but if you can't see just how bad this game is, I pity your ignorance.

#91 Posted by Zaapp1 (658 posts) -

The Auto-Battle feature is actually ingenious.  Don't think of combat in terms of attacks, because the attacks themselves don't matter.  Think of it as the roles each character uses.  The dynamic re-casting of characters between roles is the core of the combat, not the moves they use.  Thus, auto-battle automates the actual move selection to the best move for the situation while you control the roles of the characters to control the flow of combat.

#92 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@jayrq2o1 said:
" With the addition of multiple endings "
Are you even talking about FF at this point? I don't think a single game in the main series has had multiple endings other than Six and X-2, sort of, but I can't really remember that well for 6. 
#93 Posted by Valkyr (667 posts) -

If you are not complaining about the lack of towns then you never played a REAL Final Fantasy.
Although it's true that they have always been very linear,but you have to explore and talk to a lot of people to get the best items and fight the optional/hidden bosses, sometimes the main boss fights were impossible or insanely difficult if you didn't have the proper items you gained doing that, that was the non-linear aspect of the series, we are not talking about multiple endings or moral choices like for example Mass Effect/ Dragon Age, that's typical of a western rpg game that is mostly based on tabletop rpgs, JRPGS are like novels in which you move the plot through fighting, like reading a very good fantasy book that let you feel you achieved reaching the end. FF XIII has no towns, so who gives you hints or side quests?, they are all given to you at the very end at almost the same time, a tacked on feature to stop us from complaining about the fact that the game is a stupid series of hallways that lead to a cutscene

#94 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Zaapp1: Except (for the 1 billionth time now) the auto-battle feature after the first couple of hours makes battles last longer than they should and make it harder to get 5 stars on a lot of fights. 

@Valkyr: I am not going to disagree towns are a bad thing, because I too like towns. However, most towns suck. Most NPCs said stupid shit like "oh man wheres my cat" and "whoa I need to go grocery shopping". The most exciting part about a town for me was going to all the vendors to buy new weapons (or upgrade them). I wish there was more down time like Nautilis (sp?) but I enjoyed the combat enough to not even care about it in the long run. If I felt exhausted (happened a couple of times after 5-6 hour long stretches) I'd just pop in a different game and play it for a while or chat with some friends on XBL.  

Also randomly for the record I'm pretty sure I have beat every single FF game (minus 8 because I will probably never beat that game) without doing any sort of side quests to get better weapons and gear, most games before X weren't that hard.
#95 Posted by Blaaze89 (85 posts) -
@Zenaxzd: agreed with the subject on towns.... only thing i wanted the next town was for the new gears..... removing towns didnt really do much to me except getting rid of hours of back tracking... only thing i wish FFXIII would have kept was some mini games although i personally think its not needed would just be for something to get your mind off fighting for a while without having to leave the FFXIII world
#96 Posted by Wesley (39 posts) -

As silly as it sounds I think towns are an integral part of RPGs, they not only allow for trade and gathering of information(sometimes useless) on the area your in which can sometimes pertain to plot points, but also give a much needed break from the tedium of constant battles.  

As far as the battle system is concerned, the auto option isnt a problem, as previously stated if you dont like it - dont use it. The paradigm system is too limited in the use of certain abilities restricted to certain paradigms. Its quick enough to shift paradigms but it feels needless when i could just pick assigned abilities from a list of my choosing. Controlling only one character is also a needless limitation, overall i think the paradigm battle system is a needless advance on the near perfect materia system from FFVII(I know, I know). 

Ive never been a fan of the grid like structures for advancing characters and the crystal thing from FFXIII is no different in my opinon. It does have more scope for customization but id prefer to have my character gain attributes without having to overlap with abilities, it feels clumsy, if I want a magic ability, I have to gain enough experience to get +10 strength first? why?  It can slow progress for no reason.

the linear nature of the game would be fine, If it wasnt literally dungeon / cut scene / dungeon / cutscene / dungeon etc. I'd be happy if there were atleast say, towns, to 
explore, even without major overworld exploration.  

I'm also having problems accepting the story and its rediculous names and visuals. Why does everything have to sound french and have a similar look like the starwars prequels? I think were well over due for a return to steampunk. Over the top voice acting and long pauses are fine, but with such overly fast charcter progression("Im lightning and your slowing me down.. actually now that battles over its fine") and majorly cliche roles Im having a hard time relating to the story. It is possible to be over the top and subtle.

Its clear that the idea behind every new FF is to itterate on whats already been done and come up with something new, which is a nice idea, but its also the reason why FF7 is considered the best in the series by many, and FF's after have been up and down on the mediocre scale. If I had any advice for Square on future games, I'd say scrap the needless fluff/'innovations' and concentrate on refining what you did best in 1997.  

A final rant, wtf is up with summons turning into vehicles? someone clearly saw transformers and thought " those movies were huge, thats what all the kids want", NO, its retarded. 

p.s. I am actually enjoying the game in all its mediocre glory.

#97 Posted by oraknabo (1464 posts) -

This game is good.
It is a LOT like FFX and it incorporates some of the auto-party stuff from FFXII and Kingdom Hearts with the better parts of the X-2 dress-sphere stuff. Even the jumping is right out of X-2. 
This game is 100% Final Fantasy, even the annoying characters. If you like FFVII and FFX, there's literally nothing to complain about in this game. If you were expecting FF to try to compete with GTA IV or your favorite shooter, you're not going to like it.

#98 Posted by BomberDude (50 posts) -
@oraknabo said:
" This game is good. It is a LOT like FFX and it incorporates some of the auto-party stuff from FFXII and Kingdom Hearts with the better parts of the X-2 dress-sphere stuff. Even the jumping is right out of X-2.  This game is 100% Final Fantasy, even the annoying characters. If you like FFVII and FFX, there's literally nothing to complain about in this game. If you were expecting FF to try to compete with GTA IV or your favorite shooter, you're not going to like it. "

Well put -- People are forgetting that this is a JRPG, a genre which is fairly scarce in the current generation of gaming. The linearity of this game is necessary to the story telling and makes complete sense to me. Plus, the game DOES open up quite a bit towards the end, you just need to work a little to get there ... not totally unlike FFX. If people don't like how linear this game is, then maybe a western RPG like Oblivion or Fallout 3 is more for you.
#99 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@BomberDude said:
" @oraknabo said:
" This game is good. It is a LOT like FFX and it incorporates some of the auto-party stuff from FFXII and Kingdom Hearts with the better parts of the X-2 dress-sphere stuff. Even the jumping is right out of X-2.  This game is 100% Final Fantasy, even the annoying characters. If you like FFVII and FFX, there's literally nothing to complain about in this game. If you were expecting FF to try to compete with GTA IV or your favorite shooter, you're not going to like it. "
 Well put -- People are forgetting that this is a JRPG, a genre which is fairly scarce in the current generation of gaming. "
Oddly enough I think 2010 is the year of the "jrpg" on non handhelds. There is an overwhelming amount of stuff out/coming out/probably won't come out even though I want it too that I'm scared 2010 will turn into another 2007 for me (someday I will get around to play all the shit I missed that year *sigh*). 

Also yes I agree people once again seem to forget FFX was very similar to 13 in that it was fully linear/story driven like 80% of the game and then at the end you could finally go back to places, take on optional dungeons and bosses, etc.
#100 Edited by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

Why can't people just agree to disagree on FFXIII? It's pretty obvious that people are split on the game so what's the point of trying to change somebody's opinion?

Discussing why you do or don't like the game is one thing but telling somebody else that their opinion is wrong is really pointless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.