Why Final Fantasy XIII doesnt suck.

• 157 results
#151 Posted by Dookysharpgun (586 posts) -
@vidiot said:
" Was this thread, that was already at it's time of conception dealt with a subject that's been debated to death, brought back to life in-order to advertise a user review?
Now we get to talk about all this stuff again? How about I just post a link to my thoughts, that I wrote a year ago. I think I'm allowed to do that.

*Waves to people in the past* "
No, but it was an amazing coincidence that has not gotten me anymore recommendations, so speaking from a technical point-of-view...no.....if I was advertising, I'd be getting money of some sort :P

Hey....leave those people in the past alone, they have no idea how good they have it...
#152 Posted by TheWan (68 posts) -

For me, the battle system, the lackluster ending, and Hope's constant whining throughout the whole game is what made be sad that I bought it. The battle system is the worst in the series. If the game can pick the best magic, healing, and attacks faster than I can why would I ever do anything but hit auto-battle? The ending was just so boring. Fighting Dysley over and over again was just boring. He didn't even seem that threatening of a character. Finally, Hope was never needed in the game. I found myself just yelling at my TV, "Leave him behind or just let him die, so I don't have to listen to him anymore!"

#153 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@TheWan: The battle system is the worst in the series? It's easily the best in the series.
#154 Posted by Hailinel (24409 posts) -
@vidiot:  In all fairness, there have been far worse ways to revive year-old threads.
#155 Posted by MightyDuck (1521 posts) -

I enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII for the time I played it.  I believe I was about 30 hours in and could not beat the latest form of "Bartolomeus" (or something similar, can't remember his exact name).  I really need to go back and try again, although I'd probably have to level grind, which, I'm not a big fan of doing.

#156 Posted by Lelcar (607 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @TheWan: The battle system is the worst in the series? It's easily the best in the series. "
I agree. FFXIII has the best battle system in the series.

I think FFXIII is amazing. There's really nothing that I didn't like about that game, and the nerdrage reaction to it baffles me, honestly.
#157 Posted by President_Barackbar (3455 posts) -
@Hailinel:  Like saying "totally agree man" in response to something someone posted a year and a half ago
#158 Edited by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@TheWan said:

" For me, the battle system, the lackluster ending, and Hope's constant whining throughout the whole game is what made be sad that I bought it. The battle system is the worst in the series. If the game can pick the best magic, healing, and attacks faster than I can why would I ever do anything but hit auto-battle? The ending was just so boring. Fighting Dysley over and over again was just boring. He didn't even seem that threatening of a character. Finally, Hope was never needed in the game. I found myself just yelling at my TV, "Leave him behind or just let him die, so I don't have to listen to him anymore!" "

That's a pointless complaint about the battle system, because there really is no "best magic". All the magic spells do the exact same amount of damage unless the enemy has some sort of resistance/weakness. The fun of the combat system isn't in scrolling through a list of spells and choosing the best one, it's constantly managing your paradigms to build stun/heal/damage. Also, the auto-battle sucks at healing, so have fun doing that manually.

You're right about the rest though. What an awful game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.