Will you be ripping this to yer HDD?

#1 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -

I just bought myself a 120gb HDD off eBay for $96 in preperation for the Fall Update.
& I've been thinking... FFXIII is definitely going to be a game I rip because RPGs usually have insane-o loud times.
Will yall rip or skip?
-lulz, I amuse myself ^

#2 Posted by Trickster (60 posts) -

Dont plan on buying a 120 gig as long as they are so ridiculously overpriced as they are now. And I doubt a 20 gig with around 2/5 of free space will be enough.

Of course even if I had I probably wouldnt since I think installing console games is a step in the wrong direction.

#3 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

On PS3 I will be.

#4 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I'll probably skip. Genius pun BTW, you amused me as well!

#5 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

I most likely will

#6 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
no.  It'd take up too much space.

I dont get what you're saying about rpgs have long load times.  Not really.  Blue Dragon didn't.  Eternal Sonata didn't.  Lost Odyssey didn't (the review copies did apparently though)
It's not like installing games makes load times that much shorter anyway if demos are something to go by.  2-3 seconds at most.
#7 Posted by HeLives (63 posts) -

I'll probably buy the 60 GB and will definitely install discs 1 & 3 of all my RPGs; Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope and FFXIII.  Marvel UA also has to get installed on the old HDD.

#8 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Why would I? I have a 360 and PS3. I'd rather get the version for the primary version it has been developed for, the PS3.

#9 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
ShadowSkill11 said:
"Why would I? I have a 360 and PS3. I'd rather get the version for the primary version it has been developed for, the PS3."
Same here...
#10 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Also, aren't we a bit early on a thread like this?  It's not like the game's coming this year.  AND let us not forget that the 120gb HDD's price is coming down soon, meaning the used ones will as well.

But that being said, I'm going to get the version for which console it started out on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.