A Realm Reborn - Official Giant Bomb Company

#51 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -
#52 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -
#53 Edited by Petiew (1350 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Thanks! I tried out a couple of other servers this time and they seemed to be decently populated and I didn't have any bad lag. Looking forward to playing with everyone when we get into Phase 4.

@enns said:

I just thought the idea of a GB Chateau in Final Fantasy was pretty dumb in a good way. Since it's an actual zone people can enter, maybe you could just buy out a neighborhood.

The Giantbomb Dance Party Neighbourhood has a nice ring to it. The housing stuff they're doing seems pretty interesting.

#54 Posted by Servbot91 (15 posts) -
#55 Posted by Benny (1953 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Hey duder, I'm downloading the beta now so those maps are going to be extremely useful! Just wondering how I get into the GB guild (company?) and any tips for me just starting out?

#56 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: The next story quest can't find it.

Your story quest disappears from your little log on the right-hand side for some reason, but it's always the icon that looks like a flaming meteor icon. Do you remember the last NPC you saw that had one? You may be at the end of what they have available if you have your chocobo and all. I'm not sure how far it goes past the Bowl of Embers fight.

@benny said:

@snakelinksonic: Hey duder, I'm downloading the beta now so those maps are going to be extremely useful! Just wondering how I get into the GB guild (company?) and any tips for me just starting out?

Just send a message to one of us that I linked in the OP. We'll invite you and help you get started.

#57 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

Base game is $22.50 on Greenmangaming with this voucher code in the image (North America). That includes the free trial month and the preorder bonuses too.

#58 Posted by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

I'm down to play with you all. I just got a beta invite. updated the game... cant even fricken play...

My SE Account name is Devil240 and My character name will probably be Devil240Z

#59 Edited by mpgeist (614 posts) -

@devil240z: It starts this Friday at like 2am pst.

#60 Posted by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

@mpgeist: Oh okay. well at least I have it downloaded now.

#61 Posted by mpgeist (614 posts) -

@devil240z: Yeah I did the same thing back when I got in on Phase 2. The schedule has been really weird.

#62 Posted by Lelcar (620 posts) -

I love this game. I got into the beta last weekend and that's all i did. Cant wait for this friday to jump back in.

#63 Edited by Servbot91 (15 posts) -

Pre-order PS3 version at amazon and get 10$ credit.

#64 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

#65 Edited by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

@mpgeist: So it starts up again in about an hour?

#66 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -
#67 Edited by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

@m_shini: suppose ill fire up my PS3.

I failed my password too many times and now it wont let me on. I couldn't recover my old SE account because I forgot the damn secret question. I was in highschool when I made that it could be anything!

FF12 was the first and only paid mmo I have played. I hope this one can capture me like that again. Something about playing it on 360 made it seem so magical.

#68 Posted by Devil240Z (3383 posts) -

what server do I join?

#69 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -
#70 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

Anybody playing right now?

#71 Posted by EXTomar (4765 posts) -

Side question: Did I miss the PS3 release date?

#72 Posted by Petiew (1350 posts) -

@extomar said:

Side question: Did I miss the PS3 release date?

For the full release? Not yet, it's out on August 27th!

#73 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -
#74 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: I'm totally up for this, especially as I'm already on Ultros. I'm a Marauder who will be called either Rhyken Hartfell or Lyraena Hartfell. :)

#75 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

Found the GAF Comp touring around...nude.

#76 Edited by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Will be using my 1.0 char and have them moved over to excaliber for when the switch happens. Was anyone making a GB link shell for there or is that just where some people are known to be going, be nice to know either way.

#77 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

@m_shini: I'm not, but if you get a foothold in there, that's even more reach for us as a whole. I say go for it. It is one of the most populated servers after all.

#78 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

Just thought I ask you guys: When phase 4 starts, are you guys planning to re-create your character from Phase 3 or are you going for something completely new?

#79 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

@solh0und said:

Just thought I ask you guys: When phase 4 starts, are you guys planning to re-create your character from Phase 3 or are you going for something completely new?

I'm making the same character basically. Maybe some small cosmetic tweaks, but that's about it.

#80 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -

Gaf is so corny. Here's hoping I never run into any of them.

#81 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

PSA: Final phase 3 period is July 10th - July 15th. After that, the game goes into Phase 4(Open beta).

#82 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -
@solh0und said:

PSA: Final phase 3 period is July 10th - July 15th. After that, the game goes into Phase 4(Open beta).

Final test is finally here. :)

#83 Posted by cloudymusic (1134 posts) -

I'm so jealous at the prospect of Giant Bomb company housing. That place is going to be a madhouse.

#84 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

@snakelinksonic said:

@solh0und said:

Final test is finally here. :)

Indeed but I now need to buy two things: A USB keyboard for chat and a bigger HDD for my PS3 :/

#85 Posted by Servbot91 (15 posts) -

What's the down time after phase 3?

#86 Posted by nadesico33 (37 posts) -

They haven't stated yet.

Didn't get into the LS because the character was getting deleted anyways. I'll decide on an actual character and name when Phase 4 starts.

#87 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -

So question...when Open Beta begins all your progress from that point on carries over into the real game? So basically I should look at that almost as the start of the actual game?

#88 Edited by cloudymusic (1134 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

So question...when Open Beta begins all your progress from that point on carries over into the real game? So basically I should look at that almost as the start of the actual game?

Unless something goes horribly wrong, yes.

#89 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

That's the belief. The cap will still be LVL 35 I believe.

#90 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

#91 Posted by nadesico33 (37 posts) -

Okay, so I've been looking for a clarification on this. So I have v1.0 CE (PC obviously), so I get the extra v2.0 CE items they're adding except the hat and pet, don't get early access either. I read somewhere that v2.0 CE PC can't be added to an account that has v1.0. If I want the early access and the hat/pet, what versions should I look into getting? Was it the upgrade, or PS3 CE?

#92 Edited by cloudymusic (1134 posts) -

@nadesico33 said:

Okay, so I've been looking for a clarification on this. So I have v1.0 CE (PC obviously), so I get the extra v2.0 CE items they're adding except the hat and pet, don't get early access either. I read somewhere that v2.0 CE PC can't be added to an account that has v1.0. If I want the early access and the hat/pet, what versions should I look into getting? Was it the upgrade, or PS3 CE?

You can buy the PS3 CE if you want, but I think you have to have access to a PS3 to be able to register the key.

If all you're really after is the pre-order code (since you already get the 2.0 CE items automatically), you can just pre-order any version of the game. You won't be able to register another PC code on the same account, so you could either give the key to a friend, keep the key for future use, buy a PS3 version instead, or (less ethically) cancel your pre-order once you've gotten a pre-order code.

#93 Edited by nadesico33 (37 posts) -
@keres said:

You can buy the PS3 CE if you want, but I think you have to have access to a PS3 to be able to register the key.

If all you're really after is the pre-order code (since you already get the 2.0 CE items automatically), you can just pre-order any version of the game. You won't be able to register another PC code on the same account, so you could either give the key to a friend, keep the key for future use, buy a PS3 version instead, or (less ethically) cancel your pre-order once you've gotten a pre-order code.

Thanks. And it looks like Amazon isn't selling PS3 CE (listed as coming soon), nor is Best Buy (unlisted). SE's website isn't showing US retailers at all. Oh well, I guess this means I have a CE PC Digital DL code I can hand off to someone.

#94 Edited by TullyAckland (237 posts) -

Would love to join you guys. Probably going with the name Arkezan and playing a Guard / Paladin.

#95 Posted by Ryanmgraef (236 posts) -

I'm stoked for this game and will join the guild whenever I can start playing! Never really done an mmo except for dcuo but I don't think that counts. See you all soon!

#96 Posted by Potango (73 posts) -

i would like to join, i just got to Level 11. my Name is Potango Tangus.

#97 Posted by newhaap (421 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: I'm not sure if I need to mention this now, but just in case it would be helpful, I'm transferring my legacy char over to Sargatanas so I can join you. Name's Isaac Faeyur and he's a Paladin.

Since my legacy character's a guy I think I'll go with a pretty lady for my new character on Ultros. So Isaac Faer will be no more starting open beta, he'll be reborn as Tiara Faer, and she'll be a marauder.

#98 Edited by Dek7264 (1 posts) -

I'm interested in joining up as well! My character name will be Dek Lian. Not sure what class I'm going to be yet. That will likely depend on what some friends want to play as.

#99 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (280 posts) -

#100 Posted by Snarkasaur (27 posts) -

I'd really like to join a Giantbomb company of some kind. The only reason I ever stopped playing FF11 was the fact that I could never find a decent Linkshell, but I feel like the irreverence and strength of a Giantbomb based clan would be a perfect fit.

My character name will likely be Davram Locke, and I'm in the beta and have pre-ordered the PS3 collector's edition so I think it's likely I'll get the name with early access and open beta stuff. As for class, I'm honestly not sure yet. I played an archer to 20 in the beta, but didn't care for it as much as I'd hoped. I really wanted to test out bard because I love bard classes in games, but didn't get there in time. I'll likely either start as a Gladiator or a Lancer come open beta, for what that's worth. And if it's relevant, my PSN id is DavramDCS. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.