A Realm Reborn - Official Giant Bomb Company

#351 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: I'll be on tonight around 8-9pm CST so send me an invite!

#352 Posted by DarkShaper (1322 posts) -

@theht said:

@toowalrus said:

Hm. I'm not sure why, but I was actually anxious to play this after Unprofessional Fridays, but it's still not available for purchase. That's too bad- I've got the urge to mess around in a character creator.

It's bizarre, I'm still not entirely sure why I went from 0 to 60 on this one. It's not some "want what you can't have" thing because I wanted to buy it before they stopped selling it but was apprehensive since I had zero interest prior to... suddenly having interest.

Anyways, you can download and mess around with the character creator here.

I think I know exactly what hit the trigger for me- it's funny how something as little and silly as the background music in the character creator during the live show could flip that switch in my brain.

I had the same reaction to the game after the Friday show. Also, they only cut of digital sales If you buy a boxed copy you will be able to sign up and start playing. Only problem is that Ultros currently has character creation turned off.

#353 Edited by OriginalGman (293 posts) -

I just bought the game today at Best Buy, and since Ultros is full I rolled on Famfrit. My name's Neko Sakuraba, a Mi'Qote Arcanist. I know a few other guys on the server, so feel free to friend me and maybe we can make an overflow company or something. At least until server transfers open up.

#354 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Updated the news in OP just now:

9/10/2013

As of today, it seems character creation is still locked on Ultros. I dunno if Wednesday night's ten-hour maintenance will change things for our server, but I'm now settled enough on Ultros to the extent to where I can access and play around with my old 1.0 character a little more now (also the <<GBomb>> Comp. is large and active enough to where they're fine if I'm not always there now anyway) SO, if you're just eager to create and start playing the game, but also want someone to help you just starting out, roll a new character on Sargatanas and send a /tell to Kassatoria Bladewind. Note: I'm still gonna hold off on making a sister Free Company here until I get enough members to justify the investment (i.e. around 12-20 members).

#356 Posted by SquigglyElf (39 posts) -

Character creation is open again, so once the maintenance is over I'll be on for a few minutes, then I'll be back around 6pm CST. Hopefully there's still room for more members. My character's name is Serell Reia.

#357 Posted by Solh0und (1759 posts) -

Strangely enough, Duty Finder worked fine for me(Pre-maintence)yesterday and I'm a DPS saying this.

#358 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

News Update for some who haven't seen it.

9/12/2013

• Character creation is open now on Ultros thanks to yesterday's maintenance, but I do not expect it to hold out by the day's end. If you're looking to get on Ultros, now is the time. In slightly related news, digital sales look to start next week and World Transfer are likely to be available in a few weeks time.
#359 Posted by TheeGravedigger (93 posts) -

Just created a character on Ultros. I need to get a guild invite.

-Asher Grave

#360 Edited by MasterVerhoffin (135 posts) -

I'd love to play with some other duders, if you still have room.

Just rolled on Ultros, a Marauder: "Senator Armstrong"

#362 Posted by Symfonikz (7 posts) -

Finally got on, I'm down for the Gbomb cause if there's still space. Main's name: Serrata Arjentus, i'm online now.

#363 Posted by Brodehouse (9606 posts) -

I'm trying to make a toon on Ultros, but of course as soon as I buy the game it closes character creation. Isn't that sweet.

#364 Posted by Buttenator (188 posts) -

If somebody could send an invite to Abel Highwind, I'd appreciate it.

#365 Posted by StWhoopass (6 posts) -

Just snagged a copy and looking for an invite if there's still room. Emma Winfall's the character, and I should be on later this afternoon (9/16).

Thanks!

#366 Posted by POLLIWOG (25 posts) -

Hello, I'm also looking for an invite if there's still room. My character's name is Berinon Redborne. I'll be on a good amount today as I've finally got my copy!

#367 Posted by POLLIWOG (25 posts) -

Hello, I'm also looking for an invite if there's still room. My character's name is Berinon Redborne. I'll be on a good amount today as I've finally got my copy!

#368 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@polliwog: I just invited you, but nobody accepted and it looks like you signed off not too soon afterwards.

#369 Edited by POLLIWOG (25 posts) -

Of course you I get the invite when I run off to grab some lunch. :/

I'm on currently and should be on a good bit more this evening if anyone gets the chance to send an invite my way again.

#370 Edited by gike987 (1751 posts) -

Looking for an invite. I'm online now and I will be playing for the rest of the day here in Europe (so probably 5 to 6 hours) . My character's name Trisselle Marinterre.

#371 Posted by MFJubes (17 posts) -

If there's room, I'd like to join. Name's Kuku Sese.

#372 Posted by MrLandmaster (26 posts) -

Hey all, would someone be kind enough to hook me up with an invite? I'm online now and will be for the next few hours. Name's Obi Lautrec. Thanks!

#373 Posted by TheHT (10906 posts) -

Started playing last night, couldn't get on earlier tonight (error 90000) but I'm in now. It's great!

Send an invite if you can please, my character's name is Orion Kerac.

#374 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

if I could get a invite, name is Morticia Ravensoul, ill be on for a few more hours before I have to go to work. Lvling a Arcanist because I always play either pet classes or healers in mmos, and this has both jobs eventually aparently

#375 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@gike987 said:

Looking for an invite. I'm online now and I will be playing for the rest of the day here in Europe (so probably 5 to 6 hours) . My character's name Trisselle Marinterre.

@mfjubes said:

If there's room, I'd like to join. Name's Kuku Sese.

@theht said:

Started playing last night, couldn't get on earlier tonight (error 90000) but I'm in now. It's great!

Send an invite if you can please, my character's name is Orion Kerac.

What times do you guys think you'll be playing today?

#376 Edited by TheHT (10906 posts) -
#377 Posted by MrLandmaster (26 posts) -

I also got an invite last night -- thanks to whoever helped me out!

#378 Edited by MFJubes (17 posts) -
#379 Posted by gike987 (1751 posts) -
#380 Posted by The_Vein (270 posts) -

Name is Evard Sairn, marauder, just started out, can I get an invite? I'll be player some of this afternoon and probably all of tonight.

#381 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -

If anyone is playing right now and some how is also reading the forums can invite me into the company that would be swell.

Character name is Omega Jaeger

Dumb name, I know.

#382 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

I should have took some pictures of the several runs in Brayflox. The dungeon runs never end!

#383 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

There isn't a way to move characters yet.... Right? If not I can just roll a character on Ultros and join you guys!

#384 Posted by gaftra (158 posts) -

There isn't a way to move characters yet.... Right? If not I can just roll a character on Ultros and join you guys!

I'd also love to know if this was the case. Been playing for a couple weeks but was stuck rolling up on another server so it would be great to know!

#385 Edited by Turambar (6677 posts) -

If there's still room, can anyone send me an invite? Character name is Luthien Tinvueil, and should be on for most of tomorrow as well as right now.

#386 Edited by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

If I could ask a favor, I need a few dungeon runs and it always seems to work better with Company dudes. I need to get through Halatali for some free company hunt logs, maybe a couple Brayflox runs because the loot is so good, and I'm a few levels away from Titan and Cutters Cry.

Forgot I should mention Im playing as Paladin Ozric Rozaric

#387 Edited by GideonAmos (191 posts) -

@dudesupreme: I'm up for some dungeon run as a healer since I'm currently planning to level up WHM as a healer job on the side and some real dungeon experience might do me good. Not a GB company dude though, so I dunno if that's a dealbreaker or not. I'll add you some time soon.

BTW, is the GB linkshell still active? I would join the GBFC, but currently I'm helping out in another FC.

Oh and I might add, if anyone is ever in need of a mid-level healer (lvl 31 atm), feel free to add Agnia Iris!

#388 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@omega said:

If anyone is playing right now and some how is also reading the forums can invite me into the company that would be swell.

Character name is Omega Jaeger

Dumb name, I know.

@turambar said:

If there's still room, can anyone send me an invite? Character name is Luthien Tinvueil, and should be on for most of tomorrow as well as right now.

@evildeadron

I need a time you guys will be on.

#389 Edited by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: No worries, stumbled across another member while grinding Fate in Ishgard and got an invite that way.

#390 Posted by Omega (829 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: don't worry about it I decided to just stick with my main that I have on another server rather than making a whole new character on Ultros. Just too much of a hassle to restart from scratch. I'll just wait until server transfers are up.

#391 Edited by Petiew (1332 posts) -

How many people have we got that are 50/around 50 and are planning on sticking around for the end game stuff? I know a lot of the guys that hit the cap early have all left the FC.

My first run through of CM as a tank was the worst experience I've had with this game so far. It'd be good to try and run this stuff with some duders rather than duty finder groups.

#392 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@petiew: I'm a level 50 Summoner and I have no intention of leaving the company. I'd sooner miss out on the end game stuff than bail on the people that helped me get there.

#393 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@petiew said:

How many people have we got that are 50/around 50 and are planning on sticking around for the end game stuff? I know a lot of the guys that hit the cap early have all left the FC.

My first run through of CM as a tank was the worst experience I've had with this game so far. It'd be good to try and run this stuff with some duders rather than duty finder groups.

@petiew: I'm a level 50 Summoner and I have no intention of leaving the company. I'd sooner miss out on the end game stuff than bail on the people that helped me get there.

I kind of figured that would start happening as some people came out of the gate swinging hardcore the day the game launched. That's perfectly okay if they want to go join a guild more tailored for it or even start their own. I never meant for the Company to be endgame focused to begin with because it's an MMO and only a small sect of people are gonna have the time to really treat that stuff seriously. For everybody else, there's probably gonna continue to be a wide range of experience and skill levels for us to help and play around with. I'm about to ding 50 on my WAR and I have no intention of going straight to endgame stuff right now. I might sample it, but I've been on that road before and it's just not that serious to me. I'll wait until more people in the Comp cap and are willing to take some runs on it or I may just start leveling something else---mess around with crafting some more. Even as vanilla as the game is right now, there's more than endgame to keep me occupied for the time being. Certainly enough until 2.1 launches anyway.

#394 Edited by bemusedchunk (675 posts) -

Finally rolled some guys on this server.

Main is Dumon Fufunzo and would love either an invite or the name of someone who I can talk to about invites - if there is room left.

Super low level (like 2 or 3) but would still love to get real-time answers, theorycraft and just generally bullshit while leveling up.

Also, dungeoneering.

#395 Edited by DethandRez (26 posts) -

I've been playing a while now on Ultros and would love to get an invite if any space is left. Currently a lvl 31 Monk named Wowawa Wowa. I'll be on for most of the day today.

#396 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

I started recently on Goblin due to a friend saying he played there, come to find out he kinda stopped playing. Provided transfers become a thing, I plan to transfer to Ultros and join the guild, I'd love to play with some duders.

This game is pretty damn rad.

#397 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -
#398 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

Has anyone set up any sort of voice chat for the company?

#399 Edited by Matt_H (28 posts) -

I currently have a 35 bard on Cactuar so I'm in the same boat as some of the others on waiting for server transfers to open up. Hoping there is still room when that happens, but if anyone is on Cactuar and wants to run some dungeons let me know. Name is Ignasse Dauremant.

#400 Edited by Zarackus (34 posts) -

Hey, I just made a character on Ultros and would love to join the Free Company. The name is Zarackus Fortanceste.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.