A Realm Reborn - Official Giant Bomb Company

#401 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

Im going to feel pretty dumb when I get to 50 and the majority of people are max level warriors and paladins.

Better get on the grind for a DPS class!

#402 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

Hi, just picked up this game with a mate. We're a Roedaygn and MidgetRace Marauders, currently lvl 3 each called Calvin Thunda'r and Hobbes Thunda'r :) We'll be on at around 13:00 GMT +10, so... in about 10 hours of this post.

#403 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@dudesupreme said:

Im going to feel pretty dumb when I get to 50 and the majority of people are max level warriors and paladins.

Better get on the grind for a DPS class!

Don't be deceived. The Bomb Company does have a lot of tanks, but the game at large is full of mostly DPSes (hence their infamously long queues and belligerent attitudes). What we need more of from what I've seen are Disciples of Magic, particularly White and Black Mages.

#404 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Few more details about World Transfer soon [link].

FFXIV: ARR Producer and Director Yoshida here.

I would like to start off by apologizing for the login and character creation restrictions due to the heavy congestion during the two weeks following the launch of FFXIV: ARR. Twice now we've enhanced existing servers and introduced new servers, and with the upcoming additions that will be made starting in the middle of this month and finishing up at the end, we will have developed our expanded infrastructure to properly meet our operation needs.

As a result of players experiencing problems following the character creation restrictions, we have been working hard to introduce the World Transfer Service.

• You picked a World because you liked the name, but character creation was closed when you tried to create a character.
  • You wanted to play with your real life friends, but were unable to create a character on their World.
  • You created a character on a World that is often congested and were often met with login restrictions.

Before you all read the official announcement, I've organized an outline of the World Transfer Service describing what it is, the benefits, risks, and case by case scenarios, so if you are thinking about using the World Transfer Service or plan on using it, please be sure to read on.

• What is the World Transfer Service?
    Simply put, the World Transfer Service is a service that will allow you to move from your current World to another World of your choice. Normally this is a fee-based service; however, as an apology to players for the aforementioned issues, we will be offering this service free for the first five days.
    However, please be aware of the below.
    • A single transfer is a one to one transfer from your original World to a single destination World.
    • If it's a single destination, you can transfer up to eight characters at once.
    • In the event you would like to move character #1 to World A, and character #2 to World B or C, you will have to perform two world transfers.
    • In order to transfer, the below requirements need to be fulfilled:
      → You cannot belong to a Free Company (If you do belong to one, please leave the Free Company).
      → Make sure the character you wish to transfer is logged out.
      → Make sure there are no items being sold on the market boards.
      → There will be a limitation on the maximum amount of gil you can bring into the destination World.
    Additional details on the rules and restrictions will be explained in the official announcement.
    Furthermore, it will be possible to move from a new World to a new World, a Legacy World to a Legacy World, and a new World to a Legacy World. In the future, we will look at economic conditions on new Worlds and plan on making it possible to transfer from Legacy Worlds to new Worlds; however, this option will not be available at the start of the World Transfer Service. We appreciate your understanding.
  • What are the benefits of transferring Worlds?
    One of the biggest reasons that people use World transfers is so that they can meet up with their friends and play together.
    The largest benefits being that you can adventure with your friends, or meet up with the people you've become friends with via the Duty Finder, and of course play with the people you want to play with.
    The service also gives you the ability to move to the World that features the name that you really like.
  • What are the risks of transferring Worlds?
    There really aren't any negatives to transferring, but there are a couple of risks, which I would like to go over.
    Risk of having to rename your character
    One risk of transferring is that there may be a character on the destination World with the same name as you. In this case, the name priority is given to the person who is originally from that World.
    If you try to move your character to this World, you will be asked to change your name. Applying for the World Transfer Service will be performed from the Mog Station. When applying, the system will check whether there is a character residing on the destination World with the same name. However, there may be cases where a character with the same name is created on the destination World a second sooner than when you are transferred, and while this might be extremely rare, please understand that we cannot guarantee anything.
    Risk of congestion
    In the event that you use the World Transfer Service and the destination World is one with a large population, login restrictions may be enacted during each region's peak time, which falls between 9 p.m. to midnight. While we have raised the amount of players that can simultaneously play on each World to 8,000, if this number is exceeded, we may impose login restrictions to prioritize World stability. In the event you wish to transfer to a heavily populated World, please understand this risk. Currently the following Worlds are heavily populated:
    Japan Data CenterNA/EU Data Center
    AlexanderBehemoth
    AnimaCactuar
    AtomosExcalibur(LEGACY)
    CarbuncleHyperion(LEGACY)
    FenrirMoogle(EU)
    GarudaUltros
    Ifrit
    Ramuh
    Tiamat
    Titan

Please keep this in mind if you're thinking about transferring to one of the above Worlds. Also, if you and your friends plan on congregating on a specific World, it would be best to avoid the above in order to have a stable play environment.
    Risk of gil loss
    When transferring Worlds, in the event the destination World is a new World, in order to prevent the transportation of RMT gil, there will be limitations on the amount of gil that you can bring to the destination World. This is a critical specification in order to protect the economic conditions on each World, so before transferring, please keep this in mind. In the event you transfer Worlds and you exceed the gil limit, the amount that exceeds the limit will be lost.
    Risk of a period where you cannot log in
    It's difficult for us to predict the amount of people that will be applying for a transfer during the free period. You will need to be logged out for the transfer to occur and we will be transferring characters in the order that was requested. In the event that there are a large amount of applications then there is the possibility that you will not be able to log in for a couple of days. We will keep an eye on the congestion and make announcements regarding this, but in the worst case scenario, please understand that you may not be able to log in for a couple of days until the transfer has been completed.
  • Warning if you are transferring to a specific World because you like the name
    Due to the character creation restrictions that were imposed after the official launch of service, there may be cases where you really wanted to play on Chocobo, but made a character on a different server. By using the World Transfer Service, you will be able to move to the World of your choice. However, as I mentioned above, in the event that the destination World is heavily populated, there is a possibility that login restrictions will be imposed during peak times. Please carefully consider this when making your decision.
  • Warning if you are moving to a World with multiple friends
    In the event you have four friends who had to make characters on four separate Worlds, you can use the World Transfer Service to all meet up on a single World. However, please make sure that the destination World is not overpopulated for all of you. Transferring with multiple people will affect the population, so we recommend selecting a World that has a comparatively lower population so that peak times are stable.
    Japan Data CenterNA/EU Data Center
    AsuraCoeurl
    BeliasBrynhildr
    PandaemoniumFaerie
    UnicornFamfrit
    YojimboGoblin
    ZeromusLamia
    Lich(EU)
    Malboro
    Mateus
    Siren
    Zalera

The above Worlds have a good amount of room, even during peak times, and are also a good destination for those who are just starting FFXIV: ARR. These are great choices for those of you wishing to transfer with multiple people, so please consider these.

I apologize that there were those of you who were unable to select the World of your choice due to character creation restrictions. We will be announcing details and rules for the World Transfer Service in the coming days.

Thank you so much for your continued support for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

#405 Posted by takayamasama (439 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Awesome. Even if it is a full server, I will be jumping to Ultros as soon as these become available. It's pretty cool they are giving them to everyone for free at the start.

#406 Posted by ESREVER (2666 posts) -

Surprised I didn't seen threads for posting screenshots of characters... unless I missed it.

Anyway, still really enjoying this game. Managed to do Titan with Indiana Jones and Death Trap (and an awesome Bard whom I forget their name) all from the FC.

#407 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -
#408 Edited by Syndrom (351 posts) -

are there any EU folks in the GB Free company? I don't know anyone on my server (have no irl friends playing) and since the serverpark is in the sameplace anyway.

I might use the free world transfer to transfer over to ultros and play with some GB duders

#409 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@syndrom: I'm fairly certain there are EU people in the company.

#410 Posted by Intrepid (187 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Haha damn, you posted the one where I failed on the interrupts...but the other one that was followed by the hellfire cast was NOT MY FAULT!

#411 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@intrepid said:

@snakelinksonic: Haha damn, you posted the one where I failed on the interrupts...but the other one that was followed by the hellfire cast was NOT MY FAULT!

Well I sure as hell didn't care! I got my axe! You probably made Hungry sweat though.

#412 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

Hey guys, once again I ask the Company for assistance.

I just made it up to Castrum Meridianum in the story and I figure instead of trying to look for a random group to finish it (who would most likely insist upon NOT helping a new non-speed running tank) I'd ask you guys to come and join me on finishing the endgame dungeons. Most of you usually ask for volunteers to run CM most days anyways, so hopefully we can get a full 8 player Company run sometime in the next week!

#413 Posted by newhaap (416 posts) -

@dudesupreme: I'm about to hit that point of the story so that would be awesome, count me in!

#414 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Hey guys, once again I ask the Company for assistance.

I just made it up to Castrum Meridianum in the story and I figure instead of trying to look for a random group to finish it (who would most likely insist upon NOT helping a new non-speed running tank) I'd ask you guys to come and join me on finishing the endgame dungeons. Most of you usually ask for volunteers to run CM most days anyways, so hopefully we can get a full 8 player Company run sometime in the next week!

@newhaap said:

@dudesupreme: I'm about to hit that point of the story so that would be awesome, count me in!

We should be available for that. I know I will. None of us that have hit 50 already want a fellow Duder to face the woes of the Duty Finder for the endgame stuff, so plenty of us are more than available to aid with the later dungeons and bosses. The only thing that stops some of us is that the Company as of now seems to be filled of tanks, so the spots of contribution fill up fast for people who only have one class/job capped. Just speak up in the Free Company chat when you're ready though. Granted it's primetime for us, somebody will be around to help.

#415 Posted by bemusedchunk (664 posts) -

Who can I message in game for an invite?

I've been trying to do Sastasha for WEEKS now using the duty finder and not getting a damn thing.

:(

#416 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@bemusedchunk: What class are you? Also, do you mean an invite to the company or an invite to someone IN the company? Just yell for a Giant Bomb company invite, there's bound to be a Duder around that can invite you.

#417 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@bemusedchunk: If you ever see Kaegan Tarn on send me a tell and I'll invite you. Also, what's your character's name? I can look for you when I log on

#418 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Full company run of Amdapor Keep and some extra nonsense as I start my Relic quest. Skip to twenty minutes in for the dungeon to actually start since the tomes reset today meaning everybody crowded the instance and we had to wait in line.

http://www.twitch.tv/snakelinksonic/b/470294384

#419 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (498 posts) -

Is there still space available? I'm about to buy the game right now. Trying to figure out were to make my character. If there's still room in the GB Company, I'll definitely go with Ultros. I don't know anything about classes in FF14, but I tend to play healer or mage in MMOs. Willing to roll with whatever you guys are in need of though.

#420 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Is there still space available? I'm about to buy the game right now. Trying to figure out were to make my character. If there's still room in the GB Company, I'll definitely go with Ultros. I don't know anything about classes in FF14, but I tend to play healer or mage in MMOs. Willing to roll with whatever you guys are in need of though.

That's actually pretty perfect because the one thing we are in need of these days are Conjurers, White Mages, Arcanists, and Scholars (healing classes). Yes, there's still plenty of room so don't worry about that. Give me a time you'll be on and I'll get on and invite you. Or if you see someone with a Gbomb tag by their name, send them a tell and ask them for an invite. Anybody in the Company will be able to oblige you.

#421 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (498 posts) -
@thatonedudenick said:

That's actually pretty perfect because the one thing we are in need of these days are Conjurers, White Mages, Arcanists, and Scholars (healing classes). Yes, there's still plenty of room so don't worry about that. Give me a time you'll be on and I'll get on and invite you. Or if you see someone with a Gbomb tag by their name, send them a tell and ask them for an invite. Anybody in the Company will be able to oblige you.

Cool. Thanks. Downloading it now. I'll hit someone on once I get in.

#422 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (498 posts) -

Hopping on now. I'll be on for a while. My name is "Tu Pac" ...I know. I'm bad at coming up with first and last names for characters. Already regretting my name choice. lol.

#423 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

Just a reminder (if anyone looks here) that I would love to make an 8 person run of Castrum Meridianum tomorrow/tonight, 10am Japan Time/ 8pm Central Time, or some time close to that.

#424 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (498 posts) -

Got the invite. Getting settled in. Friendly bunch of people. Got my conjurer to level 10. I'm sure I'll be on all weekend and hopefully get high enough to run some stuff with you guys soon.

#425 Edited by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

@dudesupreme: I'm not sure if I can make it on then, but I'll try.

#426 Posted by wemibelec90 (1543 posts) -

Anyone gonna be on tonight that would mind inviting me? Just transferred my 44 Lalafell Paladin and would love an invite to the company (even though you seem to have plenty of tanks already!).

#428 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

Anyone gonna be on tonight that would mind inviting me? Just transferred my 44 Lalafell Paladin and would love an invite to the company (even though you seem to have plenty of tanks already!).

What's your in-game name?

#429 Posted by wemibelec90 (1543 posts) -
#430 Posted by DudeSupreme (208 posts) -

Operation Finish the Story was a success. Thanks for running me through all that dudes.

#431 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

They showed some designs for AF2/new Allagan armor:

#432 Posted by j3ffro919 (243 posts) -

Thanks for the invite, really enjoying the game.

<- Sterbeck Armstrong

#433 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

#434 Posted by ALTF4_FOR_COLORS (140 posts) -

I just rolled a Conjurer by the name of Please Hangup and was wondering if I could get an invite. I'll be on for at least the next couple of hours.

/dance in advance

#435 Posted by Matt_H (28 posts) -

Finally got my 36 bard transferred over!

Anyone on tonight that can send me an invite? Didn't see any officers on when I went through the list. In-game name is Ignasse Dauremant.

Thanks!

#436 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

Fianlly found this company, I have always seen the "GBomb" after charchters but did not add two and two together, really impressed with the number of members. Sent a recruitment application, hoping someone is still playing :P

#437 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

Taken from /r/ffxiv's Wiki for Patch 2.1

Known Changes in Patch 2.1

New Level 50 Content

• Extreme Mode Primals [Source]
  • Good King Moggle Mog Primal [Source]

• One Hard Mode Version of a Story Fight/Encounter [Source]

• One new 4-8 man Level 50 Dungeon (Pharos Sirius) [Source]

• Two Hard Mode Dungeons [Source]

• Crystal Tower 24 Man Multi-Part Raid [Source]

New Unknown Level Content

PvP

Housing

• Three housing locations (See note at bottom of post)

• Multiple different settings/etc. [Source]

• Three sizes (S/M/L) [Source]

• FC Housing only [Source]

• Over 220+ Pieces of furniture/etc. [Source]

• Roughly 85% of the Furniture/etc. will be DoH/DoL created items [Source]

Duty Finder

• Updates to include a board for seeking party/etc. for each individual server.

• Dungeons/etc. Split up into categories. [Source]

• MVP System [Source]

• AFK Auto-Kick [Source]

• Dungeon EXP Increased [Source]

• Item Level Restrictions on Content [Source]

• Dungeon Roulette [Source]

• Tomes given for competing 'random' dungeons in each category. [Source]

Free Companies

• Automatic FC Leadership Transfer for extended AFK time. [Source]

• FC Alliances (Possibly pushed to 2.2)

• Improvements to FC Bank

Beauty Salon

Balance Changes

User Interface

• Fixes to Focus Target Bar [Source]

• Inventory Sorting [Source]

• Improvements to Camera handling [Source]

• Better item comparisons (Might be pushed to 2.2)

• Fixes to Behemoth/Odin [Source]

• Targeting Improvements for Summoning Bells and NPCs [Source]

• Right click to blacklist [Source]

• Fix for Crafters' names not showing on crafted items [Source]

• Pet Macros [Source]

• Chat message sounds for channels other than just /tell [Source]

• Market Board Updates

• Amount of Gil shown when browsing [Source]
  • Multiple PS3 Updates

• Focus Targeting for PS3
    • Can un-assign L3/R3 [Source]

Misc

• Invulnerability during Raise animation. [Source]

• Food bonuses no longer fade upon death. [Source]

• 10,000 Guidhests Achievement being eased [Source]

• The Return of a 1.0 Character [Source]

• Most likely referring to Hildebrand [Source]
  • Bug Fixes

• Fix for Holy Shield +1's Glow Effect [Source]

Note on Balance Changes : Items in the Balance Changes section come from the latest Live Letter, and while these were stated explicitly, it was under comment that the specifics are still in flux, so some may be added or removed as they feel the need. Some of these also vary on translation between Reinhart's translation and the official translation.

Note on FC Housing Locations : There are conflicting sources on whether this will be Limsa Lominsa's housing area only, or all three housing areas.

#439 Posted by onimonkii (2429 posts) -

considering making an alt on ultros... are you guys currently lacking in anything? was leaning drg but if i could actually be useful that would probably be cool.

please don't say white mage...

though i guess i wouldn't mind, would be nice to not have 2 identical characters on different servers lol

#440 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@onimonkii said:

considering making an alt on ultros... are you guys currently lacking in anything? was leaning drg but if i could actually be useful that would probably be cool.

please don't say white mage...

though i guess i wouldn't mind, would be nice to not have 2 identical characters on different servers lol

Nah, we did need healers, but we all answered our own call and leveled some healer classes. If you make it over, try out whatever you want, there's always a place for ya.

#441 Edited by Ataribomb (101 posts) -

Hey duders, just picked up this game yesterday and I'm having a great time with it. I wanted to join up in the free company, but I think I messed up somehow on guildwork. Though my character is registered, my application for the GB guild shows my character name as the same as my username: Fake Charlemagne, but it isn't. My character name is Kaspar Grey. Any ideas on why it would do that or how to fix it?

#442 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@ataribomb said:

Hey duders, just picked up this game yesterday and I'm having a great time with it. I wanted to join up in the free company, but I think I messed up somehow on guildwork. Though my character is registered, my application for the GB guild shows my character name as the same as my username: Fake Charlemagne, but it isn't. My character name is Kaspar Grey. Any ideas on why it would do that or how to fix it?

That's why I couldn't find you last night. It should let you alter your name under the settings when you click on your name in the top right of Guildworks. What time will you be on today? I'll try and get you an invite.

#443 Posted by Ataribomb (101 posts) -

@snakelinksonic: Ah that fixed it right up. Thanks, I guess I was looking too hard for the option to change my name and looked right past it. It should be sorted now, and I also should be on later in the day today. My activity might be a bit more weird than because I'm teaching in China right now, so at the time of posting this it's around 8:53am.

#444 Posted by kiapurity (26 posts) -

Seriously late reply to this-- thanks for the invite (months ago) guys :D

Currently trying so hard to get Eujin back to playing FF14. ;_; (I'm Kiandra Kankaw so you might be seeing me around a little more now~)

#445 Edited by chromo89 (15 posts) -

helloes everybody, just transferred to ultros today. names "Chromo Dastun" ingame. if anyone reads this send me an invite! otherwise ill send some shoutouts here and there. got DRG to lvl 50, MRD to 25 (waiting for warrior change in 2.1). looking forward to playing more, Thanks!

#446 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

@chromo89 said:

helloes everybody, just transferred to ultros today. names "Chromo Dastun" ingame. if anyone reads this send me an invite! otherwise ill send some shoutouts here and there. got DRG to lvl 50, MRD to 25 (waiting for warrior change in 2.1). looking forward to playing more, Thanks!

When's the next time, you'll be playing?

#447 Posted by chromo89 (15 posts) -

Probly at 10pm tonight and the next few days.

#448 Edited by crithon (3075 posts) -

just picked it up for PS3, it was on sale for PSplus last week for 10 bucks. I was surprised, this is really good and I despise MMOs

#449 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (255 posts) -

We got our house today. We're starting small so we got a cottage in Limsa.

#450 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

Just started playing. Looking forward to joining you guys. "Calika Stormtalon"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.