Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

All versions of XIV are $15 on the Square Enix store today

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks for sharing. I was all ready to buy the game full price a few weeks ago. Hearing that character creation music on some GB stream hit the nostalgia bone so hard I was going to buy it then and there, but for like a week after that, the game wasn't open to new players. Now that that's warn off, I'm pretty sure I'm not actually interested in playing this game.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Not all versions...collector's edition is showing up as $25 for me. But still, pretty good deal!

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried to buy the collector's edition but first they could not verify my address (first time this has ever happened) and then they would not recognize the password for the account I had just created. Apparently you can't buy anything without creating an account, and they won't accept my email address now because it's tied to this account I can't log back into. Too much bother. :(

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By crithon

yeah, noticed that this morning.... what's the opinion on Square Enix's digital store? I'm getting the impression a lot of gamers are playing FF14 on PS3, box copy.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Super tempted by this, but I think I'm going to wait until I get a PS4. My PS3 is filled to the brim as it is with stuff I really don't want to delete.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In some Black Friday fliers, I noticed physical copies for the Ps3 on sale on Black Friday for $20 at Gamestop; seriously considering finally returning to this game with a clean slate.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: In the Giant Bomb free company there are only a handful of us on PS3, the vast majority are on PC.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It's great if you're looking for an MMO with good production values. Genuinely enjoyed my time with it and will definitely resub again later.

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pekoe212

@crithon: Well at this point have still not figured out a way to purchase anything from their store, so I'd say it's pretty crappy. If you go to the Square Enix Customer Support message board, is full of people having trouble with downloads (apparently downloads expire after a number of months?), trouble logging into their accounts, or, like me, not having their billing information recognized and being unable to purchase anything. Digital River seems not so great, and SE customer support not so great.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pekoe212

@crithon: Yeah, I'm sad because I really wanted to take advantage of this sale, but after my problems and skimming some of the posts in their forums, now I don't think I really would want to purchase anything from their store ever. Especially anything digital. It's a shame, I hope their service improves. :/

pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pekoe212
    SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butano said:

Not all versions...collector's edition is showing up as $25 for me. But still, pretty good deal!

Ah, I meant the regular edition across different platforms, not the varying editions themselves. Should have clarified. I think the CE got a $20 drop as well though, but I haven't checked.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OoooooK. I bought in. Not sure what happened, but like 5 people I know IRL decided to start playing, so I'm going to join in.

...now that I'm reading this thread again though, I wish I'd bought for Amazon, it took me way to long to figure out how to buy from the Square store, and it straight up wouldn't accept my PayPal for some reason.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

OoooooK. I bought in. Not sure what happened, but like 5 people I know IRL decided to start playing, so I'm going to join in.

...now that I'm reading this thread again though, I wish I'd bought for Amazon, it took me way to long to figure out how to buy from the Square store, and it straight up wouldn't accept my PayPal for some reason.

Hope to see you on.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus

@toowalrus said:

Hope to see you on.

I'm in, though I'm not on the GB server, they were playing on Balmung. Which is a Legacy server... whatever that means.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakelinksonic said:

@toowalrus said:

Hope to see you on.

I'm in, though I'm not on the GB server, they were playing on Balmung. Which is a Legacy server... whatever that means.

Ah, well hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Legacy is just for people who played the game before it was relaunched. It does mean you can't transfer off, but not much else outside of the already-established playerbase.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital version is $10 this week on PSN. Special edition is $15

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.