FFXIV: ARR for Playstation 4

#1 Edited by SnakeLinkSonic (241 posts) -
#2 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4483 posts) -

Maybe they can make it not a disaster this time around? It is still an MMO though, and there's plenty of completely free solid ones out there if you still have that itch to scratch; plus Defiance if you want something similar but different.

#3 Posted by devilzrule27 (1235 posts) -

God damn that is a long as freaking acronym.

Anyway will the PS4 version even offer a tangible upgrade over the PS3 version, I kind of doubt it. The 360 version of XI wasn't better then any of the other version. It's probably going to be slapped up behind the pay wall, which is extremely unfortunate for an MMO that you already have to subscribe to, so PS3 or PC seems like the much smarter way to go.

#4 Posted by SnakeLinkSonic (241 posts) -
#5 Posted by cloudymusic (920 posts) -

@devilzrule27 said:

Anyway will the PS4 version even offer a tangible upgrade over the PS3 version, I kind of doubt it. The 360 version of XI wasn't better then any of the other version. It's probably going to be slapped up behind the pay wall, which is extremely unfortunate for an MMO that you already have to subscribe to, so PS3 or PC seems like the much smarter way to go.

I can pretty much guarantee you that it'll perform and/or look better than the PS3 version; they're designing the game engine to be easily scalable/flexible, neither of which were true of FFXI.

#6 Edited by devilzrule27 (1235 posts) -

@keres said:

@devilzrule27 said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that it'll perform and/or look better than the PS3 version; they're designing the game engine to be easily scalable/flexible, neither of which were true of FFXI.

We'll see what the differences are, I have my doubts it's anything major.

#7 Edited by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.