Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

General FFXIV talk.

• 132 results
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zirilius: I hear DPS wait times get really rough, some people wait hours to get into a dungeon. If you want no wait time then go for a tank role, even healers seem to be waiting around for tanks when you get into the 30's.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@petiew: Yeah that's basically every MMO queue ever. Nice thing is that maybe 99% of dps players are idiots while only say 90% of tanks are idiots and only 80-85% of healers or so. MMOs are pretty amusing in that regard.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still haven't played... I have little free time right now, and every time I try to make a character, the server that my friends are on is full. I really don't want to start a character on another server to mess around just to start over on the server I actually want :(

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By Zirilius

@petiew said:

@zirilius: I hear DPS wait times get really rough, some people wait hours to get into a dungeon. If you want no wait time then go for a tank role, even healers seem to be waiting around for tanks when you get into the 30's.

Yep took me about an hour and 20 minutes to get queued for Ifrit this morning. Tank friend of mine 5 seconds. Healer friend of mine 10 minutes. Inevitably I think I 'll be switching over to leveling Marauder/Warrior once I get Gladiator to 15.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to say **** that Garuda fight. V_V

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I want to play this game, but apparently I can't even buy it. That's odd.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodehouse:

They had to temporarily stop digital sales because OMG MMO LAUNCH PROBLEMS happened (more or less the same as every other MMO these days, but because of the bad rep no one including the devs were expecting the game be quite this popular at launch).

However with the recent patch that has added new servers, and greatly increased the capacity of current servers, things seem to have been worked out. Over the last couple of days I haven't had any trouble logging in, as compared to the OMG ERROR 1017 of a week ago.

Queuing for dungeons as a DD is quite the pain; pity I didn't want to play a DD but rather support, but Bard kind of got tossed into the DD group.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@belegorm: They posted on their site some servers that are reopening character creation, and as you say things seem a lot better now so hopefully this weekend they'll start up digital sales again. Or maybe wait till Monday and use the weekend to make sure things are tip top.

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By gike987

I had written this game of because I don't really like the Final Fantasy setting (I don't like the stylized look of most JRPG), but this look better than I expected. I will probably regret it but I will buy this when it becomes available again. I really grew to hate GW2 and the mindless zerg everything felt like so I hope this game is better, this game at least seems to let you play classes other than different kinds of DPS.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gike987: You absolutely cannot just zerg everything in the dungeons in FFXIV. That will get you and your party killed in at least half of the boss fights.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: Is that normal Garuda or "hard" Garuda. I have a buddy who has wiped on hard Garuda something like 20-25 times now.

@gike987 said:

I had written this game of because I don't really like the Final Fantasy setting (I don't like the stylized look of most JRPG), but this look better than I expected. I will probably regret it but I will buy this when it becomes available again. I really grew to hate GW2 and the mindless zerg everything felt like so I hope this game is better, this game at least seems to let you play classes other than different kinds of DPS.

You will mindlessly zerg fate events, and it will mostly work. If you mindlessly zerg dungeons past Brayflox's Longstop (yeah... that is the name of a dungeon) which is at level 30, well, you are in for a lot of wipes. There is one boss I have encounter in Sunken Temple of Qarn (level 35 dungeon or so) that I would actually put on challenge level with a typical endgame dungeon boss in WoW. There is even mobs in that instance that one shot kill you if you don't dps them down fast enough or keep them stunned past a certain point.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kishinfoulux

It was normal. Someone from the FC helped me out though. It's much easier when you understand the mechanics, but people who are new to it make it tricky.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Petiew

FATEs have become unplayable on the PS3 in the higher populated areas. If you can somehow even manage to see the enemies, since the game decides to load in all user pets first instead, you'll get hit by a Boss AOE attack 10 seconds after it happened killing you instantly. I hope they'll patch in some sort of priority system on what pops in first, or give us the option to limit what we want to see on screen.

The lag running about Cortheas is getting pretty nuts, even things like tables and chairs take 3-4 seconds to load in.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By StrikeALight

PC players have been complaining about the high lvl fates as well. The biggest issue with the PS3 version (for me) is the brutal implementation of animation LOD.

Edit - the Fate zergs should be a thing of the past within a few weeks. I've never played an MMO where the screen can handle so many players at once.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

although i respect people wanting to get XP as it does get pretty long to lvl up, i just dont like the fact that they camp areas just waiting for a fate to pop up. beef i have with it is that when im just trying to follow the quest line and using side-quests as a method to gain xp i now have to compete with a whole zerg of people just basically killing off everything as they wait for the next fate in the area. makes hunting frustrating sometimes as some of the areas for certain kills are right where the fates pop up! dont like having to deal with a giant zerg of people not doing quests, as im just trying to get a freaking small number of kills and move on.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

@lusence said:

although i respect people wanting to get XP as it does get pretty long to lvl up, i just dont like the fact that they camp areas just waiting for a fate to pop up. beef i have with it is that when im just trying to follow the quest line and using side-quests as a method to gain xp i now have to compete with a whole zerg of people just basically killing off everything as they wait for the next fate in the area. makes hunting frustrating sometimes as some of the areas for certain kills are right where the fates pop up! dont like having to deal with a giant zerg of people not doing quests, as im just trying to get a freaking small number of kills and move on.

It is annoying but its not something you can really control, i did find it funny when Odin spawned next to Ul'dah and folk tried to zerg rush him and he was one shotting them with his finisher, i just sat on a hill nearby and grinned.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Karkarov

@kagato said:

@lusence said:

It is annoying but its not something you can really control, i did find it funny when Odin spawned next to Ul'dah and folk tried to zerg rush him and he was one shotting them with his finisher, i just sat on a hill nearby and grinned.

Lucky you, I would have loved to film that. I haven't seen Odin or Behemoth spawn yet.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Darji

Oh man I am now 20:0 on Ifrit. Why can't my SMN book just drop....

But hey at least I now have BLM, Monk and Scholar....

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By BabyChooChoo

ugh, finally hit 50 on my bard. I'm a little hesitant about diving too deep into endgame content though. Been reading up on FFXIV's economy (and MMO economies in general) and I'm deeply concerned about the state of things at the moment. I have "enough" money for now, but I'm not sure how things will be looking X number of weeks or months in the future. Thinking about leveling weaver, carpenter, and botanist, but not sure which one to go with first. Figured I'd just go botanist since it'll obviously supply most of the required carpenter mats. Hell, might just start up another job and pray it doesn't eat into my gil too much. Meh, either way, I'm still lovin the game. Played a shit ton and still a shit ton left to do which is more than I can say for most MMOs.

Random side note: I'm not sure if the rest of lvl 50 job quests are like this, but the lvl 50 bard quest is probably the most unintentionally fucking hilarious thing ever. "YO DAWG, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO FIGHT BY YOURSELF BECAUSE THE MEMORIES OF MY FALLEN COMRADES HAVE CRIPPLED ME WITH FEAR."

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Guys.

Swimsuits.

Go get your swimsuits.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of curiosity, are log in errors and such gone now? I took a break after not being able to log in for few days.

I haven't got a chance to play for a week now, with NHL 14 coming this weekend, I doubt I'll have time to play again.

Damn autumn, so many good games. I have to retain myself from buying GTAV to this gen since I already have more than enough games to play at the moment

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm super curious about this game now that the free upgrade between the PS3 and PS4 versions has been announced. I guess all that's left to do now is pick a time when the holidays aren't leering at me. I suppose I should probably check to see what's eating up all the memory on my PS3 too. Sigh.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verendus said:

Just out of curiosity, are log in errors and such gone now? I took a break after not being able to log in for few days.

I haven't got a chance to play for a week now, with NHL 14 coming this weekend, I doubt I'll have time to play again.

Damn autumn, so many good games. I have to retain myself from buying GTAV to this gen since I already have more than enough games to play at the moment

Yeah its totally fine at least on Odin. Runs great now

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Seikenfreak

Been great on Sargatanas. Haven't had any log in issues since the server upgrades.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@verendus said:

Yeah its totally fine at least on Odin. Runs great now

No queues or errors since the downtime on Hyperion.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excalibur's been stable since the maintenance.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@donchipotle: Hahaha, what, they have an event already? That's awesome!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newhaap said:

@donchipotle: Hahaha, what, they have an event already? That's awesome!

It is the summer event! In September! Get your swimsuits by turning in items dropped from a fate where you fight bombs!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did the event start? Is there an npc you need to talk to?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Darji

@kagato said:

In the maincities. and no you don't need to start a quest line just hand in bombashes i think it was which you can get from the bomb fate in Costa del sol.

As for the location: In Limsa it is near aftcastle teleportion crystal. Just go up the steps and you should see the vendors.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By donchipotle

@kagato said:

It started yesterday. You can go to any of the three starting cities. In Limsa it is in the Aftcastle. In Gridania it is at the Amphitheater. In Ul'dah it is in the strip near where the mail moogle is. To get all of the swimsuits, you need a total of 90 wet bombard ash. These can be gotten from a Fate near Costa Del Sol, but they have been popping up in other, lower level areas too. I know for a fact that the Fate is popping up near Camp Drybone. You'll know it's the right Fate when the music turns tropical when you're in it.

A full pair, top and bottom, can either cost 6 ash (three and three) or 30 ash (15 and 15).

Also there is an achievement involved, so get on that shit!

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kagato said:

It started yesterday. You can go to any of the three starting cities. In Limsa it is in the Aftcastle. In Gridania it is at the Amphitheater. In Ul'dah it is in the strip near where the mail moogle is. To get all of the swimsuits, you need a total of 90 wet bombard ash. These can be gotten from a Fate near Costa Del Sol, but they have been popping up in other, lower level areas too. I know for a fact that the Fate is popping up near Camp Drybone. You'll know it's the right Fate when the music turns tropical when you're in it.

A full pair, top and bottom, can either cost 6 ash (three and three) or 30 ash (15 and 15).

Yeah but fair warning, all the swim suits looks like crap on guys I am told! So do like me and sell your wet bombbard ash at a retarded markup! Rollin in the gil baby!

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@donchipotle said:

@kagato said:

Yeah but fair warning, all the swim suits looks like crap on guys I am told! So do like me and sell your wet bombbard ash at a retarded markup! Rollin in the gil baby!

Lalafell Mankini's aren't crap! Creepy maybe but crap definitely not.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By kagato

Thanks everyone who replied, will roll a Mithra girl at some point over the weekend and try and get her a bikini, creepy but required i think ^_^

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#135  Edited By confusedowl

Really enjoying this game so far. I was going to wait until the ps4 version came out but I couldn't wait that long so I bit the bullet and bought the game. Doesn't run amazing on my laptop but I managed to reach a balance between graphics and fps so I'm pretty happy. I'm playing on Lamia right now as a level 13 Gladiator if anyone else on Giantbomb is on that server as well (Ultros is open again but I don't want to start over).

Played a 100 hours of Guild Wars 2 completely solo. Hoping I can branch out a bit more with this game so I don't quit after a few months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.