HELP: FF XIV: A Realm Reborn login error

#1 Posted by Legion_ (1557 posts) -

Yo duders. When I was linking my Sqaure account with my PSN account, a error occured and I had to quit out of the client.

Afterwards, I only get the following message when entering my account information in the client.

"No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. In order to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, you must first purchase the digital download from the PlayStation Store or register a product code"

Obviously, I've paid money for this piece of crap. Can anyone help me out here? Read somewhere that people were having the same issue during early access, and it sounded like a hell of a ordeal to fix it.

I just want to play my fucking game now. It's 2013 for fucks sake. MMO launches should have been figured out by now.

#2 Posted by cloudymusic (1230 posts) -

No idea about the specifics of that error, but some things to check:

- Have you actually registered your game serial? If so, did the error that made you quit the client occur before or after you did that?

- Since you said you had to quit out of the PSN account linking process before it was finished, have you tried to do that process again?

#3 Posted by Legion_ (1557 posts) -

@keres said:

No idea about the specifics of that error, but some things to check:

- Have you actually registered your game serial? If so, did the error that made you quit the client occur before or after you did that?

- Since you said you had to quit out of the PSN account linking process before it was finished, have you tried to do that process again?

The PSN version doesn't have a serial. As for the linking stuff, that seems to have worked, as my only option is "I already have a Square account".

#4 Edited by Dekkarra (33 posts) -

When did you buy the digital version? If you preordered from August 15-17 there was an issue that Sony has since fixed, but you had to use a redeem code they sent through PSN with an XMB message.

#5 Edited by kagato (960 posts) -

You should have gotten two cards with the game, one is the serial key you need to log on Square's main web site...i think its something like NA.Squareenix.com but you can get there through the lodestone web site too using one of the links at the side. Once you register it your account will show FFXIV ARR PS3, you then need to take the other code and redeem it via your PS3 through the "redeem code" option in XMB. Once you do that the client will allow you to progress and link both your Sony and Square account together. Sounds complicted but takes about five mins...but then you have a 2gb download that will take an hour after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.