Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

In need of some help

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Ok, so I bit the bullet today and bought the game today. I sat thought the install, registered, linked accounts with PSN the whole deal. I part way through character creation when I realised I hadn't seen a "card details" screen at any point. Now, of course I have 30 days free but I have two questions:

1) how the the hell to I login to my square Enix account to give them card details/use time cards? I feel like I'm having a problem similar to the one brad mentioned a few weeks ago on the podcast whereby the login is not what it says it is

2) if the first question is answered via the linking to the PSN account, does that mean its taking money direct from the card I have tired to that? (In which case they should have asked)

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#

#

Ok, so I bit the bullet today and bought the game today. I sat thought the install, registered, linked accounts with PSN the whole deal. I part way through character creation when I realised I hadn't seen a "card details" screen at any point. Now, of course I have 30 days free but I have two questions:

1) how the the hell to I login to my square Enix account to give them card details/use time cards? I feel like I'm having a problem similar to the one brad mentioned a few weeks ago on the podcast whereby the login is not what it says it is

2) if the first question is answered via the linking to the PSN account, does that mean its taking money direct from the card I have tired to that? (In which case they should have asked)

1.) Go hear for all your account details for subscriptions. This will use your sign in that you use to log into the game with.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

2.) Nope they are separate subscriptions. See question 1

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tried my login details at both Mogstation and square enix.com and no joy...I feel like I must be missing something. I am most defintely using the ID and password I registered to square enix when I booted up the game

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@panelhopper said:

I've tried my login details at both Mogstation and square enix.com and no joy...I feel like I must be missing something. I am most defintely using the ID and password I registered to square enix when I booted up the game

Are there any buttons under the account status section of your mogstation account?

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakelinksonic: Nope, just entry boxes for ID, password, one-time password and auto-capture device. I've tired inputting what I have at Mogstation, Square Enix and the Lodestone, still no joy...

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem solved, please disregard. After starting and tossing a few charcters I am now officially conjuring in gardenia

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Is it really as tricky as Brad made out to get signed up for this game? Ive had an account since FFXI and 1.0 of XIV so i cant remember how i set my account up, everyone i know has an account from before so is it something that is genuinely confusing that should be getting fed back to Square? I only ask because a guy at work is thinking of picking the game up and i want to be able to assist him if he gets stuck.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest with you, no it is not. To my great shame this thread is a monument to what happens when you register for a online service at midnight after a very long day and then try to login with a password you only half remember...in short, the game is awesome but I may have lost a few IQ points since I graduated from University lol your friend should be fine

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Fair enough, its been so long since i had to sign up for it i just wasnt sure how many hurdles i had jumped through to sign up before, i was just getting worried that you had been the 3rd person (along with Brad) that i had heard saying they had issues and i really dont want that stuff getting into the way of people enjoying themselves. how are you finding it so far? Hope you found it worth the trouble ^_^

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kagato: You have to log in like 900 times and agree to about 3-4 different blocks of text and fine print... but that's it. It isn't hard just sort of time consuming.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kagato: I'm finding it ok, at the moment I have reached that point between levels 5-10 were there isn't much to do and I don't like grinding but I'm sure things will pick up

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Zirilius

@panelhopper: it gets better after 10 but more so after you've reached 15 and can start traveling to the other countries. It's has been the slowest I've ever leveled in an MMO but I've been enjoying my slow grind instead of the rush to end game.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

@panelhopper: it gets better after 10 but more so after you've reached 15 and can start traveling to the other countries. It's has been the slowest I've ever leveled in an MMO but I've been enjoying my slow grind instead of the rush to end game.

Good god man, what MMO's have you played? You can hit 50 probably within 2 weeks in this game if you play a lot; in most MMO's we're looking at months to YEARS to hit level cap (case in point is this game's predecessor: FFXI. It took an average of 2 years to hit the level cap, not to mention having to spend months after that getting extra experience for extra stat points).

Even WoW back when it was still WoW took months, maybe a year to hit the cap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.