Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Micro-Bloggin'

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By teekomeeko

Just a list of topics and thoughts thereafter that I may as well write somewhere...

Final Fantasy XIV

I like this game. It took me a while and a handful of updates before I even played it after purchase (plus it was killing my video card, so I took the opportunity to upgrade that and my power supply), but it is getting better on the regular. I look forward to the changes and additions the new producer mentions and hints at, and the game is getting ever closer to being a proper product. I can see the brilliance of some of the aspects of FFXIV with ease, but so much of it is mired in crappy execution that it is shocking the game was ever released as-is. Hopefully it can all come around by the time the PS3 version launches so that those reviews are more favorable, if only to get the player base a lot higher on all versions.

PSN

I admit to not really having a desperate need to getting PSN back ASAP; I just about never played online, and despite the fact that I was enjoying Killzone 3's multiplayer, I can do without it for a bit. Honestly, I am almost as annoyed by the fact that this little debacle is bringing out the insane Sony-based hatred from anyone and everyone. If you don't like PS3, or Sony, or PSN, or whatever, that's fine, but all the truest of haters (and even the casual dislikers) are using this as an excuse to be fanboy assholes without reprisal. Hearing this type of stuff on every podcast, every game site, and every casual blog I run into is just annoying, specifically from people trying to have themselves taken seriously as "press."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I like this game. A lot, in fact. I remember it getting tons of hate from the GB crew, specifically Brad, but I don't remember the exact arguments against it other than it wasn't really Castlevania. I have played exactly one of those games and therefore have no nostalgic feelings getting in the way of my judgment. Not only does the game have gorgeous art design and music, but the gameplay is solid, fun, and entertaining. And that's not even mentioning the story, which is above average (thanks at least halfway to great voice acting and scene direction). It seems to me like nostalgia took hold, essentially making this game "bad" to the GB crew only because it was unexpected or different; kind of insulting to those of us that enjoy that those qualities as often as we can.

Dragon Age II

So boring... must finish... or feel like I... wasted $50.

Gamestop

Yeah... I'm pretty much done with them now. After Amazon announced an increase in the gift card coupon they give you when you order it, I decided to give up the retail ghost. I could actually use that money to make that awesome Infamous 2 Hero Edition a few bucks less. Honestly, the only reason I haven't cut ties is because I know the people that work at my local store from having been an employee, and I don't want to hurt them by killing my reserves all at once (I've had it happen to me, and apparently it's no excuse to jackhole middle-managers looking to blame someone for a bad week). I'll have to bite the bullet, though, and apologize on the way out - even though it's not my fault that Amazon and Steam kick the crap out of that company.
    teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By teekomeeko

Just a list of topics and thoughts thereafter that I may as well write somewhere...

Final Fantasy XIV

I like this game. It took me a while and a handful of updates before I even played it after purchase (plus it was killing my video card, so I took the opportunity to upgrade that and my power supply), but it is getting better on the regular. I look forward to the changes and additions the new producer mentions and hints at, and the game is getting ever closer to being a proper product. I can see the brilliance of some of the aspects of FFXIV with ease, but so much of it is mired in crappy execution that it is shocking the game was ever released as-is. Hopefully it can all come around by the time the PS3 version launches so that those reviews are more favorable, if only to get the player base a lot higher on all versions.

PSN

I admit to not really having a desperate need to getting PSN back ASAP; I just about never played online, and despite the fact that I was enjoying Killzone 3's multiplayer, I can do without it for a bit. Honestly, I am almost as annoyed by the fact that this little debacle is bringing out the insane Sony-based hatred from anyone and everyone. If you don't like PS3, or Sony, or PSN, or whatever, that's fine, but all the truest of haters (and even the casual dislikers) are using this as an excuse to be fanboy assholes without reprisal. Hearing this type of stuff on every podcast, every game site, and every casual blog I run into is just annoying, specifically from people trying to have themselves taken seriously as "press."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

I like this game. A lot, in fact. I remember it getting tons of hate from the GB crew, specifically Brad, but I don't remember the exact arguments against it other than it wasn't really Castlevania. I have played exactly one of those games and therefore have no nostalgic feelings getting in the way of my judgment. Not only does the game have gorgeous art design and music, but the gameplay is solid, fun, and entertaining. And that's not even mentioning the story, which is above average (thanks at least halfway to great voice acting and scene direction). It seems to me like nostalgia took hold, essentially making this game "bad" to the GB crew only because it was unexpected or different; kind of insulting to those of us that enjoy that those qualities as often as we can.

Dragon Age II

So boring... must finish... or feel like I... wasted $50.

Gamestop

Yeah... I'm pretty much done with them now. After Amazon announced an increase in the gift card coupon they give you when you order it, I decided to give up the retail ghost. I could actually use that money to make that awesome Infamous 2 Hero Edition a few bucks less. Honestly, the only reason I haven't cut ties is because I know the people that work at my local store from having been an employee, and I don't want to hurt them by killing my reserves all at once (I've had it happen to me, and apparently it's no excuse to jackhole middle-managers looking to blame someone for a bad week). I'll have to bite the bullet, though, and apologize on the way out - even though it's not my fault that Amazon and Steam kick the crap out of that company.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.