Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Patch 3.1: As Goes Light, so Goes Darkness trailer *major spoilers for Heavensward*

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Steadying

Wow this looks great. They're adding a lot of stuff, and the new story content looks really interesting. Still nothing on new relic weapons, though? Ah well.

Exploratory missions look like a lot of fun. What are you looking forward to most?

also, WOW that thordan savage music sounds greattttt

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Seikenfreak

Dungeons and Void Ark probably.

I don't have much time to play these days with work and a million other games to play. Also patch coming out same day as Fallout :/

But this game continues to be great.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Thordan's Reign is going to be a beautiful nightmare of a fight. If you think about it, in the normal version, there's like a billion and a half AOEs and whatnot, but none of them really do much. Even if you don't dodge, healers can heal through just about every attack.

Now all that shit is actually going to hurt and it's going to hurt a lot...and there's going to be more of it. I can't fucking wait.

I just hope Ravana EX isn't a prerequisite. I thought HM was boring enough so getting a group together to fail over and over again is not my idea of fun. Knowing my luck though, it's probably going to be a requirement.

Speaking of Ravana, dafuq is he doing back? Y'shtola getting attacked? Ser Pretty-Boy getting shanked? (Please don't let Lucia be the culprit. My heart couldn't take it.) The story looks all kinds of insane and that's always been the main draw to this game for me so that's probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

I assume it's safe to say the Vanu Vanu dance is a reward for the beast tribe quests? That's nice because I literally could not care less about beast tribes, but make that dance a reward and I'm all the way in.

What's the deal with exploratory missions? They seem neat, but...like...what do you do? Just kill stuff and gather mats?

Lords of Vermillion looks cool as well. I pray it's balanced though. It seems like it could turn into the sort of thing where only a handful of minions are ever used because someone crunched some numbers and those were the best, but I guess we'll just wait and see.

I'm excited.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Q&A on the official forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/267788-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXV-Q-A-Update-Thread

Translation someone posted to reddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/155Nv_fnpumdD-ucSS5wEBlo7mO-xeE8ZKXDRxjDt3YI/pub

What's the deal with exploratory missions? They seem neat, but...like...what do you do? Just kill stuff and gather mats?

Most people are thinking it's the start of expanding upon one of the liked features they had in 1.0, Skirmishes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fszBu29QHE

It was basically just a large island with tough monsters on them that had some of the best item drops in the game. Not sure what form it's going to take here with rewards, but we've been making quite a bit of money just with the regular exploration missions via our four completed airships already. It sounds like a better and more engaging alternative to gathering people to do maps.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Still think it as some of the best content support of any MMO these days, shame there's just to many games to play for me to get into it these days. Continue to be impressed with the content though.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar

@babychoochoo:

Given the name of it, Ravanna EX won't be a req for Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign. It'll probably be based off the quest chain of The Ultimate Ballad and Sing Me Another Song. Could just be entirely standalone too considering Leviathan EX didn't depend on first clearing Garuda/Titan/Ifrit EX.

Really hoping they throw Bahamut and Ravanna EX into the Duty Finder.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@turambar: Didn't Ultimate Ballad have some prerequisites besides finishing the 2.0 story or was it just that you just needed a certain iLvl? or did you not even need a certain ilvl and my memory is terrible?

My memory is terrible.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Here's some shots of what the weapons from Singularity Reactor EX will look like. Love the Paladin shield, the monk fists look like yer man has two portable CD players on his arms.

The new Relic weapons will be coming in 3.15, so until then these should do nicely.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.