PSN Collector Edition Question

#1 Edited by Darklight (212 posts) -

Hey guys,

Since the forum of the beta seem down for me I have a question about the PSN collector's edition of FFXIV. I already had the new client installed since I was in the beta but I bought the game yesterday on PSN. Beside giving me a Collector's Edition theme for my PS3 it does not show anywhere that I have the collector edition (not in my Square-enix account and the download of the game is the same one as the beta). So anyone know if we get the collector's edition item for this beta and if not when and how do we receive them?

Any info is appreciated!

#2 Posted by Bane122 (808 posts) -

This is just a guess but I'd think it won't know you have the CE until you register the game key with Squenix. Or does the PSN version not have to do all that?

#3 Edited by Darklight (212 posts) -

I don't think so for the Digital download. After downloading the beta client on psn friday, the only thing I had to do to register my game is to log into the game with my square-enix account. I was then asked to link it with my PSN ID and that was it. When I bought the game the day after I did not get a prompt to link my account.

So... I'm guessing right now that the client they give when you buy the game is the same as the one when you're invited in the beta and it's not related to the pre-order. If it does like any other pre-order I will receive an email or a new client when the game launch on the 27 and this will be my collector edition with all the fluff.

I was hoping I could have early access but I can't find any information on what the PSN Digital download include beside the item... oh well :/

#4 Posted by kagato (952 posts) -

I don't think so for the Digital download. After downloading the beta client on psn friday, the only thing I had to do to register my game is to log into the game with my square-enix account. I was then asked to link it with my PSN ID and that was it. When I bought the game the day after I did not get a prompt to link my account.

So... I'm guessing right now that the client they give when you buy the game is the same as the one when you're invited in the beta and it's not related to the pre-order. If it does like any other pre-order I will receive an email or a new client when the game launch on the 27 and this will be my collector edition with all the fluff.

I was hoping I could have early access but I can't find any information on what the PSN Digital download include beside the item... oh well :/

On last check, the notes at the client download on Square's site said that we could use the phase 4 client for phase 4 and early access, so unless ive picked it up wrong (the site was down when i tried to confirm and im at work now so it gets blocked) you wont have to download anything else other than the day 1 data block that updates/unlocks the additional content. You have everything you need on your machine, as long as you have registered your code against both your own account and Square's account you will be able to log in.

If this isnt the case we will likely be notified by email 2 days before early access so keep an eye on your mailbox and junk mail folder just incase.

#5 Posted by IroN1c (550 posts) -

Another, similar Question:

I have the Legacy version of FFXIV on PC but I'm planning to buy it on the PS3. Do I still get the 30 days for free included if I activate it on my old account?

#6 Edited by Darklight (212 posts) -

And I found my answer!

I know it's a little late but I guessed that I might share it with everyone in case some people are wondering how it works.

In short when you buy the Digital Ps3 version, you will not receive an email with a code for the EA. When logging to the server it will ask you to link your PSN account to your Square enix account (or create one) and that's it, you can play EA access. Also, an interesting info if you want to make sure you are all set: In PSN, if you look under your Account management - Transaction Management and FFXIV ARR, you should see the list of services that you have (Collector edidtion, Early Access, etc).

Oh and @iron1c:

I did some digging and the best I could find was an answer from a Community Rep in a FAQ thread:

FFXIV:ARR includes 30 free days of playtime with purchase for new accounts. However, even though players who own FFXIV Version 1.0 will receive FFXIV:ARR for free, this does not include the 30 free days of play.

I may be wrong but since he specifies new account, I doubt that it will add 30 free days to your existing account. But if you buy the CE it will add the new items. Here's the link to the thread in question, there's a bunch of other answer about Pre-order:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61990-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Purchase-Questions/page11

Hope it helps!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.